If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Has friends besides tanks now
    I'll retry IT at some point, but last time I tried, I stopped about 250 pages in, despite it being mostly interesting.

But I'm asking for The Shining for Christmas, so as far as King goes, that's higher on the priority list.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    The Shining is one of my favorite books.
  • You can change. You can.
    I'm...meh on King, to be honest. I feel the film adaptations are far better, anyway. (Gotta love how The Shining is all about being the opposite of the book)
  • edited 2011-11-27 17:21:51
    Has friends besides tanks now
    "I'm...meh on King, to be honest."

Sorta the same; he's not perfect, anyway.

Imagine how annoying it is to tell my parents I wanna be a writer and have them be all like "oh, you can be the next Stephen King," or hear my mom make a fuss about him because he's one of the few notable things to come out of this state.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    She probably means successful. Anyway, yeah, he's not perfect, but he's still one of my favorite authors. He's written some real classics.
    I feel the film adaptations are far better, anyway

Them's fightin' words, son.

Also, I seem to be one of the few people who's pretty "meh" on the Shining movie.
    She means both, notable and successful. Maine doesn't really have much for bragging rights.
    Also, I seem to be one of the few people who's pretty "meh" on the Shining movie.

It's really weird. I don't think it's particularly good, per se, but the things it does to twist the book and play with it (Like it being set in a mirror world instead of the actual overlook hotel) are incredibly clever, to me. 

Anyway, I was thinking of Stand By Me, which is pretty much the best movie in all of creation.

So I've decreed.
  • edited 2011-11-27 17:29:05
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^^ I dunno, you guys have some pretty bitchin' seafood.

^ I will give you Stand By Me. And Shawshank. And maybe The Green Mile. But apart from those, I pretty much universally like the books more.
    That's as good as Colombia and coffee (Read: Barely if at all good)
  • edited 2011-11-27 17:59:21

Juan, you are my bestest friend now.

I LOVE the film Stand By Me.

It's the movie that got me more interested in the film industry, and stuff. :3

But you are also not my bestest friend now, because there's no way in hell movie!IT is better than novel!IT. >:/

And my brain won't let me decide if I like the film version of The Shining or not. It screws with me, man.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.
    I couldn't get far in novel!IT. I was after horror, and like fifty pages in I'm getting a description of some middle-aged couple's sex life and lists of random stuff.

It wasn't worth trekking through.
  • You had to be patient man! :/ it's like gardening! You have to let it grow inside ya.

Though, I do agree, that's the most boring part of the book. I loved everything else, and only liked that.

^^ I got further than that, but King really does need to learn when he's wasting the reader's time with unimportant details.
    I'm meh on both It the movie and It the book.

Basically, Carrie, The Shining and Stand By Me are three of the best movies of all time. I tried reading the books, but I didn't feel they were as powerful as the movies were.
  • Agreed on those three novels.

....I should sleep now. The social worker's coming early tomorrow, and deciding whether or not I go back to my abusive mother :( or not. I need the energy to get up...night!!

• ^ Dude. Are you alright? D:
  • I am now. You should have known me prior to last week though.

Short summary: My mother was abusive and I spent the last 3 years of my life in a severe depression.

I've moved into my grandmother's now though, so yayyyy~

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Whoa. Haven't heard of this before...

-hugs-
    Fuck, i can't seem to log on TVT from here.

Blah, can someone PM compassionate sdist and tell her to log on Gtalk or something?

There's money in it for ya.

Sometime.
    "My mother was abusive and I spent the last 3 years of my life in a severe depression."

I sorta knew that you had a lousy mother, but I didn't know she was flat-out abusive. I hope you get to stay with your grandmother.

-hugs-
  • edited 2011-11-27 19:21:53

@inuh: -hugs-

@juan: Done.

@everest: Well, emotionally abusive, yes. She's choked me before, but that was only a few times, and she hit me and scratched me and stuff, but not recently. -hugs-

"She's choked me before, but that was only a few times, and she hit me and scratched me and stuff, but not recently."

And social workers are allowed to say that you might go back to living with her? :/
    D8<
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Jesus, Cute. I really hope that shit stops. I'll be holding you in the light. 

I hate to make this suddenly about me, but I'm hoping tech savvy people can answer this. I'm getting a phone upgrade this week. 

Now, one of the things I liked about the Droid was the keypad that didn't depend on the touch screen. However, near the end some keys started falling out. The keys themselves worked fine but the markers were missing and it really started looking ugly. Now that the time for an upgrade has come, I kind of have to take that into consideration. My question is does the Droid 3 use the same rubber stickers for keypads?
  • @everest: Well, one thing is for sure; I'm most likely never going back there.

They're just making sure the house I'm moving into is safe.

My mother's supposed to be signing a temporary custody form soon, so I can go back to school next week, but..she seems to not want to, so they might have to forcefully take custody away from her.

Thanks, Malkavian. 

Gahhdammit, I need to go to sleep. .___. Nite, forreal this time~

Good night, and good luck.
    Hope you sleep well.
    Hope everything goes well.
    Ok, I'm thinking of writing about how I don't like when Scooby-Doo's monsters are real because I think the underlying philosophy of the show is that of skepticism and secularism. Is this a good idea or pretentious as shit?
    Good idea. It's a legitimate point.