If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    You know what was a good movie? Kung Fu Hustle. Anybody ever seen that?

/lameconversationstarter
  • Got a date tomorrow night. So very excited and nervous :3
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    I'm thinking of writing a retrospective review on The Phantom Menace.
  • I don't know if it's already been mentioned, but Skyward Sword got a 10/10 from Edge magazine. And before people get too fixated on the score, read the review. It sounds totally awesome. Not bad for a game which people have been constantly declaring Ruined FOREVER since the beginning.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    >10.0
    >10.0
    >10.0
    >10.0
    >10.0
    >10.0
    >10.0

IT'S OVER NINTENDO IS FINISHED
  • No rainbow star
    I'm suspicious of that 10 rating. No game EVER deserves that rating...
  • You can change. You can.
    Depends on how you define 10/10.

I define it not as perfection, but as masterpiece.
  • edited 2011-10-28 19:23:32
    $80+ per session
    Uncharted 3 got 10/10.

In other words, I'm agreeing with Juan here.

Plus IGN defines 10/10 as Masterpiece.
    Yeah, I think putting an artificial cap like that, meaning you can't go to full number is silly because it just means 9.9 means what 10 should.

Also, number reviews are silly.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Edge has only given 13 games the score, IIRC, so it means a lot.
  • $80+ per session
    My mom reviews classic movies on a 5 star scale, but she has never given a movie a 5. She says she hopes she never does.
    I never use scales when I review. It's a distractor and it implies that quality can be quantified and that's a lolno.
    ^Thisthisthis.
  • No rainbow star
    ^^ That's why I don't like 10/10 ratings. These scales make it seem like you can't get better than the top number, which makes no sense. Games will always be improving
    But you're the one who's miscontruing their scale as they're not using the number to do anything but to be a buy guide, if at all.

At least, that's what I hope.
  • No rainbow star
    Ow, I pounded my thumb too much against this phone typing out info for an RP Sign Up
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    Currently listening to Coheed and Cambria's In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3, and it is soooooo good. I even teared up a little at one point.
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    I like that album, but I can't understand the concept no matter how hard I try.
    I find it works better to pretend there's no unifying story, since that would only make sense if I read the comic that Coheed and Cambria's entire catalogue is based on, and I don't plan on doing that.
    Yeah, you're right, "Backend of Forever" is awesome enough that I don't need to know the story behind it.
  • edited 2011-10-28 20:11:07
    Has friends besides tanks now
    I'm afraid I haven't heard that one. Link, by chance (iPhone).

I'm partial to "In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3", myself.
    Hm. It's okay.
    "In Keeping Secrets" is better, though.

Anyway, INUH told me that Terraria is on sale, so I just got that (FINALLY).
    Patrick Stewart, in an interview, said that Shakespearean acting was good training for Star Trek.

Pat, you will always be my favorite actor.
    I heard of that. I thought it was because someone criticized him for taking on the role.

Anyway, wha saddens me is that he never played Spider Jerusalem ;_;
  • $80+ per session
    Probably gonna do an Adventure Time liveblog. The show needs more love.
  • edited 2011-10-28 21:42:13
    Hopefully you'll actually try to finish it. I think Malk's Smallville liveblog is the only one that updates consistently on here. And lcalasari's Animal Crossing: Wild World liveblog.
  • $80+ per session
    It's the only show I can see myself liveblogging and having the desire to finish.

I would also say Avatar too, but I just finished binging that series for the fourth time in two years.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I haven't ever given an animé series a 10/10.

Eureka Seven came close with a 9.

A 10 would have to be both intellectually stimulating and emotionally gratifying, while having no major plot holes or glaring "wait, what" moments, either immediately after viewing or after thinking about it for a bit.