If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• edited 2011-10-28 04:34:55
    Snow here's a total bitch :(

Also, cause this amused me:

• Presentation on animu is coming along smoothly and the group I work with is pleasant and active. The obligatory liberal arts everything-but-the-kitchen-sink approach means we'll probably run out of time before we can do all the reference-flaunting, but if this is the price of flipping burgers for the coming years, I'm fine with it.
  • No rainbow star
    I'm still not done my assignment due today

I'll have about two and a half hours once I arrive at ACAD to finish it

Who will win!? Me or the clock running out!? Find out in the next exciting episode of, "Who Gives a Fuck About My Life?"!
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I have slept for 20 of the last 26 hours.

What. The. Fuck.

Am I going into hibernation or something?
  • edited 2011-10-28 09:53:41
    No rainbow star
    Well I still have no idea how to do shadows, so I guessed

...God I am not good at this

;.; I want a spriting class dammit
    ^Don't.

I'm still quite tired. Somehow.
  • "I'm still quite tired. Somehow."

Envy went away pretty fast.

Apparently, too much sleep can be just as bad as a lack of sleep.

But what's weird is that I don't feel like I normally do when I've slept too much. I feel like I haven't slept, so I should go to bed...
  • No rainbow star
    D: INUH is dying!
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    > presentation on animu

You get to do that?

I would love to get to do that.

What's your major?
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    In my gothic horror class someone did a presentation on Hellsing.

I did Lovecraft.
  • You can change. You can.
    Liberal arts, apparently.

Not like you wouldn't do that in, say, film. :p

Anyway, speaking of sleeping, mt sleep schedule is all over the place. Fuck this shit.
  • edited 2011-10-28 10:33:27
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    English is a major I like the call 'the everything in general but nothing in particular' major.
  • ...that's not what an English major is...
  • edited 2011-10-28 11:01:39
    Has friends besides tanks now
    It's what an English major should be, though. And specialization in English has its advantages when applying for various jobs, so in that way it has more practical value than just discussing literature or whatnot.
    ^^yes it is.

^to wit.
  • Considering how much anime fans like to complain about people pronouncing Japanese names wrong, I wonder why they don't complain so much about NinTENdo, especially since games like Yoshi's Island actually say out the "proper" pronunciation.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    "Nintendo" became a loanword back in the eighties for videogaming in general.  It's been in popular consciousness of English speakers for decades now.
  • In all honesty, that makes anime fans' pronunciation complaints look more like wankery.
    you mean it isn't wankery?
  • My major is a mishmash of literary criticism and art criticism, and is an interdisciplinary trainwreck that's at times brilliant and at times useless. Presentation in question is for Ecocriticism, and the topic is ecohorror/eco-utopia in Japanese anime(basically Miyazaki's work and some tangents). It's pretty fun to do, although the theoretical framework includes Deleuze, a philosopher who can't write a coherent article for the life of him.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    I'm watching Foam Adventure now. why
    Started Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

Just got to the Refinery and decided to take a break. Quite good.
    I remembered trying to get Amnesia way back when
    fuck did the download not working annoy me.
    Did you try hitting yourself in the head with a hammer? That seems like it might do the trick.
    That's a shame. Amnesia is pretty darn good, though the level design reflects is weak budget.
    The level design does seem a bit samey, even though I'm not far.

I also noticed that the item I needed at one point looked exactly like the assorted useless scenery it was next to, making me miss it the first time because I didn't get close enough for it to glow purple.

On the plus side, the physics engine is really immersive.