If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• $80+ per session
    I think I might do a blind liveblog of Saints Row 2 because it seems to be everything I wish GTA was.
  • You can change. You can.
    Speaking of, one day I'll whine about people hating on GTA IV and saying that Saint's Row is better

One day.
  • $80+ per session
    I don't hate on it. SR just seems to appeal to my sensibilities far more.

Plus I think IJBM could create a funny ass character
    Not speaking of you. It's just a sentiment I've seen thrown around. That GTA IV's realism sucks and it bogs down gameplay, whereas San Andreas was truly a "fun" game. 

Because doing annoying minigames to access missions every three hours is throughly amusing, amirite?
  • $80+ per session
    If it is any consolation, I prefer IV to San An.

Torrenting SR2 now :3
  • edited 2011-10-19 23:01:44

Nichijou > Azumanga

K-ON! > most other cute girls being cute animu

• a little muffled
    Nichijou > Azumanga
    no u
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Nichijou > Azumanga
    I think this is one of the first things DYRE has ever said in relation to quality of media that I might agree with.

Maybe.  I haven't decided yet.
    Azumanga hasn't managed to hook me up.

It probably helps that with the exception of K-On, I barely like Slice of Life or Anime Comedy.
  • edited 2011-10-19 23:18:06
    a little muffled
    I admit I haven't actually watched Nichijou beyond clips on YouTube.

On the other hand, watching clips on YouTube was what convinced me to watch AzuDai because they were hilarious. Meanwhile none of the clips of Nichijou I have seen have been more than slightly amusing.

But anyway AzuDai is amazing and you people are terrible etc etc.
    >Implying I'm terrible for not being interested in a show that pretends me to laugh at "Everynyan"

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/44745957/Image reactions/1318910752289.jpg">
  • edited 2011-10-19 23:25:37
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I really, really need to rewatch Azumanga.  I mean, it was the first anime I ever saw (not counting, like, Pokemon when I was a kid), and my memories of it are better than Nichijou, but it's been almost two years since I watched it, and I'm not sure how much of that is just nostalgia/it being the first making it better in my mind.

So yeah, Azumanga is back on the list.
  • edited 2011-10-19 23:21:09
    Actually, speaking semi-objectively, there are slice-of-life cute-girls-being-cute anime comedies that I think are probably better than K-ON!, it's just that I happen to have a much larger emotional attachment to K-ON! than others, just because that's how it happened (and because of the large volume of fanart and such).  Though I do think that Nichijou really is just better than Azumanga Daioh in a lot of ways (though mostly the reason I like it more is because of the aesthetics of each).
  • a little muffled
    @Juan_Carlos:
    Implying I'm terrible for not being interested in a show that pretends me to laugh at "Everynyan"
    I am not sure what "pretends me to laugh" is supposed to mean here. But that scene was mostly funny because Norio Wakamoto, and also because absurd.
    Well, the show presents it to me with the intention of amusing me, but it didn't amuse me, so therefore, I can't say it accomplishes what it wants.

And as I've said before, K-On's not perfect or even the best at what it does, but it's fun and that's what matters. Of course, you can watch other things and it's not like you're missing on much if you'd never watch it. 
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    I just watched that clip.

... What?
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Which clip?
    It's OSaka being weird. That's all there is to it. 

Oh and Norio Wakamoto who's like Whilliam Shatner except more charming and actually hammy.
  • No rainbow star
    Ian is now known as the drunk status condition because he knows about beer
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Oh

Yeah, that clip is pretty memetic, but I wouldn't call it one of the show's better moments.
    i dunt get it
    It's lolradom humor. Make of that what you will.
    Osaka is weird.

Osaka has weird dreams.

Also Norio Wakamoto as a cat thing.

Pretty much the joke.
    gah
    you meant "Oh mah gah"
    no
  • a little muffled
    Osaka has somehow convinced herself that the cat thing is Chiyo's father. (Chiyo being the child genius, who at that point in the show has recently decided she wants to go to university in the States.)

I don't see how it's really lolrandom humour in the way that term is normally used. I guess the part where she says he looks like the former prime minister could sorta qualify.
    Well, it's more "surrealist", technically. 
  • Two watches on one wrist.

Check it out man, I am the ultimate badass. State of the badass-art. You do not want to fuck with me.