If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• You can change. You can.

I'd say both apply to Apple overall. 

Overall, I'd say the thing is that Apple has come up with a lot of good ideas that are better implemented by the people who steal them later, really. 

• edited 2013-04-01 21:38:07
    a little muffled

Here's how it works: someone comes up with an idea, nobody buys it. Apple takes it, makes it prettier, sells it to hipsters, it goes mainstream. Apple rakes in the cash for a few years but eventually loses its market share to a competitor who made one that was pretty and actually good. Repeat.

• First thing to do: Have a smart idea.

Second thing to do: think of a way to turn a profit from it.

• You can change. You can.

someone comes up with an idea, nobody buys it. Apple takes it, makes it prettier, sells it to hipsters, it goes mainstream.

Really? I mean, I know shit about shit here, so I'm just curious. Are you saying they didn't come up with shit like the iPhone (as in a phone with a touch screen and all those other fancy schmancy things they added to phones, I guess) or the iPad?

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Not sure about the iPhone, but tablet computers were around before the iPad. The iPad was the only one that got any sort of attention.

• a little muffled

Well, BlackBerrys and the like predate the iPhone. In fact, even Android started development before the iPhone came out, though no actual devices running it came out until after. The iPhone actually was the first major phone with a touchscreen, so I'll give Apple that one.

Tablets (with touchscreens, though they were meant to be used with styluses) first came about in 2001 or so, mostly spearheaded by Microsoft. Back then they ran a modified version of XP, and Microsoft advertised the fuck out of them and software like OneNote designed for them. Never really caught on until nearly a decade later when suddenly iPad.

The pattern goes way back, though: it probably first happened in the 80s with graphical operating systems.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

So, in the Walking Dead game, there's a bit where you have to distribute a tiny amount of food to a group of survivors, choosing who gets to eat that day.

At work today, I had to do that, but with toilet paper.

• Where the hell do you work

Grocery store. We ran out. I had to distribute one full roll and two half-rolls between six toilets when doing my closing chores.

• ^^^ Toilet paper doesn't even taste that good, though.

XD

Okay, I really should have seen that coming, but I did not. Well played.

• edited 2013-04-02 01:19:46
    Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

When college started, I hadn't seen my best friend in five months. I thought we were growing a part.

She has been staying back at her mom's house, which is literally a 2 minute walk from my house, so we have been hanging out a lot more. Today was the second day in a row, and tomorrow will be the third.

We've both been dealing with a situation. Basically, she dates a guy, we will call him Adam. I have another friend, who we will call Jordan.

Adam is an asshole. Like grade A anus. He is manipulative, extremely untrusting, he has no faith in my friend, gives he no room to grow, and he has hit her at least once. I've always disliked him. He have never gotten along. He thinks I've tried to steal my friend away from him, and he is very spiteful to me and her because of it. My friend Jordan dislikes Adam even more than I do. Jordan is also kind of an idiot.

Jordan and I walked to Adam's house, and I witnessed him slash Adam's tires, and throw a rock a his car. I took no part in anything, and I yelled at him to stop many many times, but he would not.

I told my female friend. I couldn't keep that from my best friend. As it turns out, she finally wised up to his ways, and broke up with him. Or he broke up with her, I don't know. She's really sad, but I'm trying to help her move on.

Well, as it turns out, Jordan has vandalized Adam's car on THREE other occasions. Since, Adam has installed very powerful cameras around his house. Jordan was caught. I was not brought up in the charges for some reason, but I'm not worried anyway, because I didn't actually do anything. I just witnessed the act.

So Adam is taking Jordan to court and wants payment for the damages, I'm trying to help my friend get over Adam, who she loved for a long time, and also trying to make it so Jordan doesn't hate her and assume she has to do with why he is getting caught. I'm also trying to maintain my friendship with him, because I don't like being in this "Snitch" situation. It is very stressful.

On top of that stress, there is this girl who I have know for 3 years. I love her. I literally can not think of a single thing I consider to be a fault with her, mentally or physically. I feel more comfortable with her than anyone. Every time I talk to her, see her, she makes me insanely happy. It's unhealthy. She and I are extremely good friends. And that is all. She unfortunately has no feelings for me in that way. But I can't get over her. When I see a character in fiction that has the same name as her, I just get sad. When she had to postpone our most recent meeting after not seeing each other for about 2 months, I basically crashed. I have to get over her. I concluded that recently.

All of this is just backstory and context to the main point of my update for tonight. My female best friend has a very wealthy cousin who lives in Hawaii, and has offered her to live in the side beach house next to her condo in Oahu. She asked if I wanted to live with her. She wants to escape the same old faces and meet new people, and forget about Adam. I want to live in a place other than a gated bubble of a perfect suburban liberal neighborhood, where I've lived since I was born. And I neeed to get over this girl I love...

tl;dr: I'm moving out of my mom's house for the first time, and I'm going to be moving away from the place that I lived in for literally my entire 19 years, to live on the other side of the country, on a tropical island in a beach house.

I'm insanely scared about being away from home and taking care of myself for the first time. But I'm anxious and excited, and I think Hawaii is an amazing place so...

• That sounds great.... but what about college?

• edited 2013-04-02 02:29:56
  • edited 2013-04-02 01:36:03
    Wow, congrats, dude. I'm totally jealous.

E: I hope none of this is an April's Fools day joke and that things really are working out so hot for you.

dude

what

wow

• edited 2013-04-02 01:32:26
    Has friends besides tanks now

Dude, you get to live in a beach house in Hawaii, and I didn't even get decent hair. >:/

With that said, Noim has a point. Is this going to be a temporary leave from college, or is permanent leave from college a possibility? Could you see yourself staying in Hawaii for a long time? Permanently? (Perhaps these questions are best answered once you're there?) Might you transfer to a Hawaiian school?

• edited 2013-04-02 02:08:02
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

So while watching a Chargeman Ken meme song remix video, I did a quick-and-dirty analysis of gerrymandering possibilities for a theoretical state with three districts and one party (of two) that wins statewide by the thinnest margin possible.

• >red right turn arrow

Oh, GMH, never change.

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

^^^ Toilet paper doesn't even taste that good, though.

Tell that to the three-year old me. I ate that shit like crazy. 

• You were a little piece of shit growing up, weren't you?

• edited 2013-04-02 05:22:54
    if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Yes.

I haven't changed much. :P

• Even though I was only trying to make a joke, I feel super crappy for saying that. :(

Could you ever forgive me?

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

You know, here in Serbia, if you can talk shit to a guy straight in the face and he doesn't even budge, you know that he's a friend.

And I haven't budged a bit, you ol' fucktard. :D

• edited 2013-04-02 06:02:50

ohQ4IVl.png

Or:

m3qIpba.png

Which is to say, eye wub ewe

• You were a little piece of shit growing up, weren't you?

Even though I was only trying to make a joke, I feel super crappy for saying that. :(

Were you trying to make defecation puns, because toilet paper?

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

To answer the questions, I really don't know. It would be for the three months of Summer at first, and if I end up loving it, maybe I stay longer. Don't know how I would though, since I wouldn't be in school, and Hawaii is expensive as shit to live.

Related to the story though, I'm currently in danger because I'm a witness to my good friend Jordan's vandalism crime. He faces 3 years in prison, and I just really hope my identity stays a secret because this is way more serious than I thought..

That said, Hawaii has some things I can see myself not liking about it. The bugs for one, and how lots of stuff is expensive. I'm not so sure it is the paradise it is painted out to be. But, for as long as I would be there, I wouldn't have to pay for a house, or bills or things like that. Don't know what I would do for school though...

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

you live an interesting life.

• To answer the questions, I really don't know. It would be for the three months of Summer at first, and if I end up loving it, maybe I stay longer. Don't know how I would though, since I wouldn't be in school, and Hawaii is expensive as shit to live.

Well, that's the kind of stuff you should be figuring out. In my opinion, delaying college a bit is totally worth it for such an experience (unless you're going into the scientific field, where you have to be publishing and have a doctorate by age 15 in order to keep up). As for the trial, at worst you can be called as a witness, but these things rarely get to that point, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

In other news, water, water everywhere. Luckily, I live in a sorta' hill, but still, a few blocks from here there is (or was until very recently) literally 3 feet of water.