If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• I don't even call it violence when it's in self defence; I call it intelligence.

Haha. How fitting, actually: I have used that argument several times to point out that nations are based on culture and identity and not race and descent; and no that's not just an opinion but historically demonstrable fact. There is a certain irony that the highest concentrations of Neo-Nazis in Germany these days are in East Germany...

...and we would've gotten the Pannonian Plain, too, if not for those meddling Magyars! :p

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

I'd whip out my e-dick* and say that Great Morava did surprisingly well for an upstart state on the top of the shopping list of frickin' Roman Empire, but it's a bit too late for discussion. :P

*I think it's a quote of Barkey, you might know him from BTL, or some another Troper from the US military.

• I don't even call it violence when it's in self defence; I call it intelligence.

Eh, Alternate History is fun. It's never too late for that :p

• You know what always weirded me out about Florida's license plates? Their stickers always seem to be yellow.

Most states use a different color sticker for each year to make it easier for law enforcement to spot expired plates without having to be close enough to read the tiny printed year. But not Florida! Whoo, yellow all the way for the Sunshine State!

(Granted, nowadays cops can just run the plates electronically and see if the registration's up to date, but it still seems like a weird decision.)

• No rainbow star

So I had over 150 tabs in one window alone

Finally closed all four windows to start fresh again

x.x

• edited 2013-04-01 01:45:36

(Better said in another topic)

• Ica: that's...no. That's too many.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

This Campbell's Chunky corn chowder did not taste very good. :(

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

Goddamnit, Glenn, you crossed the streams. Now the only recourse is to allow me to change my username.

• Five bucks says I'll wake up half-asleep and post here thinking I'm posting on HH

Bonus points if said post mentions princesses, ponies, or Mabel Pines

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

• I wonder if it's for real, or just some episcopal Fools' Day trollery.

What's worse, whether or not it's real, or having to ponder whether or not it's real.

• I am God, and all other gods are my imagery. I gave birth to myself. I am millions of forms excreating; eternal; and nothing exists except through me; yet I am not them - they serve me.

I'm thirsty

• I am God, and all other gods are my imagery. I gave birth to myself. I am millions of forms excreating; eternal; and nothing exists except through me; yet I am not them - they serve me.

Also One Direction sounds like the name of a neo-nazi punk band

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

^ I think that only underlines my loathing for their oeuvre.

Also, to quote myself earlier: "Naney posting on IJBM? What sweet madness is this?"

• @lrdgck Note that in the article, he's also quoted as saying

“Sexual love … is intended only for a man and woman in marriage, where children can come about naturally,”

So uh, I don't think this really means anything.

• You can change. You can.
    So I might be going to New York. Who up for a partay
  • But you never had any to begin with.

New York State or New York City?

City. Sadly, my mom is not really interested in being eaten by wolves or whatever the fuck is up on those woods.
  • edited 2013-04-01 15:08:41
    Has friends besides tanks now

When might ya be havin this partay, Juan?

• Weird, I'm headed to New York, too.
  • Has friends besides tanks now

For people who use news-reader programs like the apparently-now-defunct Google Reader and the Old Reader, what are some good sites to subscribe to, to start with?

hell

hell has the best news coverage

• edited 2013-04-01 16:42:41
    Has friends besides tanks now

Also, apparently this is a thing. I have to say that Parsons really impresses me with how well he pastiches these authors.

• edited 2013-04-01 17:38:10

"Cut off his prick and feed it to the dogs."

I think I know which fan theory he subscribes to.

-shudder-

He does a really impressive imitation/parody regardless.

• I just put whatever sites in my Google Reader (or Feedly now, since I'm slowly transitioning) that I want to know updates for. Webcomics, blogs, and...that's about it, actually.

• edited 2013-04-01 20:25:19
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

It seems the problem is this.

1. Tech producers develop technology for doing something.

2. Users use said technology for doing said something.

3. Tech producers get bored, or notice a lack of revenue stream, and develop technology for doing the same thing.

4. New users use new technology for doing said thing that's same as the above something.

5. Old users complain bitterly that new technology is messing up their way of doing things.  They are promptly ignored when it is discovered that they do not produce a revenue stream.

6. Repeat steps 3 through 6.

That, in essence, is why I object to the "Steve Jobs thinking" of creating demand to feed your product line.

• edited 2013-04-01 21:19:35
    Elaborate "Steve Jobs thinking".
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

There's a quote somewhere attributed to him, saying that if you're in the tech business, the best thing that you can accomplish is to design a product that people don't even know they need, or something like that.

On one hand this can be interpreted positively to say that you're making such a radical innovation that totally changes how people live their lives, in a good way.

On the other hand this can be interpreted negatively to say that you want to design something so attractive and cool, regardless of its actual usefulness, that people will give you money for it even if it doesn't enhance their lives at all.

• a little muffled

Given that it's Apple we're talking about, it's mostly the second one.