If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• All the time. Also:

• edited 2013-03-16 21:50:05
    a little muffled

So, I was thinking of getting a domain name, and I was seeing what variations on nyktos. were available. Anyway, the site I was checking on does the thing where if they generate "similar" names if the name you want is taken. One of the ways they do that is by expanding what they assume to be acronyms in the name you ask for.

To make a long story short, if I ever become a rapper my stage name will be New York KT Operating System.

• edited 2013-03-16 20:47:05
    A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

You could always try a domain hack, although if you go for that option you'll have to choose a different name because there's no .os TLD. (There's .se of Sweden, though, so maybe you could try ny.kto.se?)

• a little muffled

I want to found a country that shortens to OS. Then I could have nykt.os and I could squeeze money out of Apple for mac.os.

But yeah, I could do that, I guess. I wanted nyktos.net which I actually did have once upon a time but it was connected to hosting and I lost it when I cancelled that. Sadly it's not available now. Probably if I do it I'll go for nyktos.ca or something.

Incidentally, does anyone have any advice on getting domains? In particular, what registrar to use. Beyond "stay far away from GoDaddy" I am pretty clueless.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Hey where's that thread where someone was talking about a stupid friend who couldn't understand that lesbians, by definition, weren't interested in men?

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

I believe @Eelektross was the one with the stupid friend, if that helps your search any.

• a little muffled

Wasn't that in this thread?

• edited 2013-03-17 00:04:03
    Has friends besides tanks now
    I feel like there might have been such a thread before Eelektross said that, but Eelektross's discussion was indeed in this thread.

Oh.

Oops, my derp.

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read
  • edited 2013-03-17 00:27:57
    A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

Apotheosis, hm? Oh, the endless possibilities... I, hm, I don't think I'd be a very hands-off deity...

know I wouldn't be. If I were the one true god or a high-ranking member of a pantheon of gods, I'd do my best to make sure the entire fucking universe knew of my/our existence and worshipped me/us.

Then again, I also know I'd try to be lenient about what the various intelligent beings of the universe can and can't do with their own lives, so I guess my answer actually depends on precisely what Octo meant by "hands-off"...

• I don't even call it violence when it's in self defence; I call it intelligence.

I wouldn't even demand worship. Well, okay, maybe if I go mad with power; you can never exclude that possibility. But think about how much is wrong in the world, and you now suddenly have divine powers! There is so much you can attempt to just outright fix, instead of letting the mortals do it and fail. This could mean intervening in 'what the various intelligent beings of the universe can and can't do with their own lives', if that in turn means 'acting negatively in other people's lives'.

So I wouldn't be a god demanding worship, but I would definitely be a god intervening heavily in mortal matters.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I would definitely go mad with power.

• I don't even call it violence when it's in self defence; I call it intelligence.

Truth be told, my attitude "there is so much to be fixed in the world!" would probably let me go down that path, too. Oh well...

• I'd do whatever the hell I'd want.

Which would ultimately be walking the worlds in humanoid form, learning and seeing and experiencing and trolling.

• edited 2013-03-17 01:21:56

Assuming my personality remained intact, I'd most likely become gripped with indecision due to the sheer number of things I could do, rationalise my indecision into a non-interference clause, and never do anything drastic with my powers because I'd always be thinking of how it could eventually result in things getting screwed over. I'd probably descend to the mortal realms, try to live a normal life and use my powers for really petty things, like moving release dates forward.

If I really felt sadistic, I'd probably create a point-of-view gun just to see what happens when a mortal is forced to view the universe from the perspective of a god. Then turn back time, not do that, fix up any time paradoxes and just go on with things as normal.

That, or become Kotomine.

• Absolute power corrupts absolutely. As koanish as that sounds, there's a whole lot of truth to it, so I'd probably try to do a lot, but then struggle with the repercussions of my actions, particularly when it comes to the freedom of the individual.

In completely unrelated, but much tastier, news, we made our first attempt at deep dish pizza at home (we usually make it with thin crust). It was pretty good, though there's a lot to be improved.

• No rainbow star
    If I suddenly became a deity, I think I'd first off try to fix things here and there subtely, then back up and wipe my mind periodically so I could experience many lives

I just poked my head into the TF2 trading scene again.

Please remind me not to do that.

• Don't do that ever again.

• edited 2013-03-17 05:16:27

Happy St Patrick's Day!

• Is it St. Patricks Day? I've grown to that age where holidays are more or less just average days.

• ^ Ooh, that. That's where I found out about the Indian Hitler guy. The idea of Hitler running against Frankenstein does sound somewhat amusing.

Although admittedly, strangely-named people and things isn't really the most fascinating stuff listed there.

• That's like the Wikipedia version of Cracked.

• a little muffled

Well, I am now the proud owner of nyktos.ca. I don't really have anything to do with it, so for the moment it points to IJBM.

• I've never heard Bohemian Rhapsody. 

How am I supposed to get through a road trip if I can't sing along?

• a little muffled
    How.

I can identify with Chihaya Kisaragi for my musical side though my political side is closer to Kanata Shinonome, who is my newest avatar character.

• edited 2013-03-17 20:04:12
    Has friends besides tanks now

I've never heard Bohemian Rhapsody.

I'm both impressed and intensely envious.

How am I supposed to get through a road trip if I can't sing along?

Earbuds, I guess.