If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• If that don't work, use more gun.

Playing Plants Vs Zombies on the Vita.  Ugh, fuck the Lucky Spin achievement.  Luck based achievements are the worst achievements ever.

Also, does anyone know how the hell you're supposed to get the Black Market in Uncharted: Golden Abyss to work?

And fuck Hama and Mudo in P3P.  Ugh, why do Homunculus have to be rare items?

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

^^Just switch to button mash mode.

• Has friends besides tanks now

^ I wouldn't lower myself that far. I ended up getting her story 100% completed anyway. Although I'm only using the wiki because I want to get each character's endings in a specific order (gag reel, then alternate ending, then canon, which didn't happen this time).

• In Blizzard-related news, the Real Money Auction House for Diablo 3 went live yesterday, and I've made a little over $30.00 so far in item sales. I'm half-way to having the game pay for itself, and anything after that will be profit. It's mind-boggling, honestly.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I remember something a few years ago when some games journalist was asked what an MMO would need to do to make more money than WoW, and answered that it would be the first MMO you could legally make money by playing. And...well, here we are.

Honestly, I've been considering picking up the game at some point despite my huge misgivings about it just because it's likely going to be historically important.

• edited 2012-06-13 11:15:52

Yeah, honestly I could see the really hardcore Inferno difficulty farmers and Auction House flippers making thousands (if not more) on this in the next few months. If it doesn't come crashing down in flames, this could be the kind of thing that spawns new tax-code laws.

I have about 6,000,000 gold sitting in my in-game stash, and if that sells for even $5.00 per million (no idea how that will go, they haven't brought straight-up gold sales online yet), my game will have officially paid for itself.

How much are you seeing individual items go for?

• It depends on the item. A really sought-after legendary ring that I was lucky enough to get sold for almost $30.00, while a less popular legendary sold for around $3.00. A lot of stuff is getting listed for $1.25, which is about 20 cents profit after Blizzard fees are taken out.

So it's kind of a crapshoot for now, but if the RNG smiles upon you you could luck into an item that sells for $10.00 to $100.00 dollars. Once the gold auctions are made available, you can just straight up sell gold that you've farmed as well.

I wouldn't suggest anyone go into the game expecting to make mad cash. I was lucky to get the drop I did when I did, since that one item has made up the majority of my sales so far. But having the opportunity to make even small amounts of money here and there while playing a game you enjoy sure is nice.

Whoa, how much of the money does Blizzard take?

I wouldn't suggest anyone go into the game expecting to make mad cash.

Yeah, that's probably not something doable unless someone actually played it for a full work day or more every day, and even then, I wouldn't expect it to cover cost of living. I just think it's interesting that game monetization is really happening.

• edited 2012-06-13 12:09:18

Blizzard takes $1.00 per item plus a 15% fee if you cash out to Paypal. (You could instead allow your proceeds go to your battle.net account, but you can only use that to purchase other things on the Auction house or buy digital download copies of other blizzard games.)

It should also be noted that in order to cash things out to Paypal, you have to have an authenticator (which is either $6.00 or free, depending on if you get the physical keyfab or use the mobile-phone authenticator app, respectively), and you have to have an SMS-capable phone so that Blizzard can send you verification codes via text message.

Huh. Interesting.

• edited 2012-06-13 12:17:09
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Well, I got all the trophies and took down the Riddler.

i don't know why i did that
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^I don't know either. The Riddler Trophies were the most annoying part of the game.

• You can change. You can.

Are they considerably more complicated than in Arkham Asylum? Cuz in Asylum, they were my favourite part of the game because seriously, seeing eveidence of all of Batman's enemies is never gonna get old to me because i'm such a nerd like that.

• edited 2012-06-13 15:55:03
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

I got them all in Arkham Asylum, but that was a few years ago, so my memory is kind of foggy on how complicated most of them were.  But in AC there's a few that are a real bitch to get, but mostly there's just a lot more of them, I think.  And they unlock stuff like interview tapes with the villains and concept art and stuff.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Well, collect-a-thons like that annoy me in general. That's why I've never gotten all the stars in a Mario game or completed the Pokedex.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    The Arkham games are pretty much the only collectathons I've ever finished.

I've never even gotten all the heart pieces in a Zelda game.
  • You can change. You can.

Yeah, I normally don't like collecting things, but I really liked how it was done in Arkham Asylum because it wasn't either hard or long. Plus you get a lot of them via playing the game alone (Like 40% at the very least, as I recall)

Arkham City really made the trophies a bitch. They're one of the few (prominent) collection quests I haven't finished.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    If the game didn't have the Riddler thugs you could beat up to get trophy locations marked on your map, I almost certainly wouldn't have done it.

Yeah, but even then...there are a lot of them, and a lot of them have stopped being challenges of getting to them and collecting them in favor of becoming pure execution challenges, which is just dull.

• >Talking about Arkham City

>I have that game.

>But I want to complete Arkham Asylum first. Which I don't have.

>WHY DON'T I HAVE IT? D:

• I'm a damn twisted person
    I love collecting things when they either fill out the lore of the game or give me stuff I can use.

Got Dead Space 2 yesterday. Getting the first suit made me feel great. Going from a panicking guy running from monsters to Iron Man lite meets McGuyver.

So do I, but the Arkham City Riddler trophies are just so bad that it made me stop caring.

• LaiLai
    edited 2012-06-13 18:03:57

Replaying Mega Man X again. Any suggestions for challenges here? I've already done a Buster-only run.

And which Maverick I should take on first?

• edited 2012-06-13 18:48:31
    Apart from one or two, I don't think I was ever stuck on a Riddler trophy for more than five minutes. I don't usually have much patience for collection like that.

And Dead Space 2 is awesome.

I didn't say that they were hard, just that they were bad. A lot of them seemed to just involve hitting quick Batarang a few times while standing in the right place. That's not a Riddler puzzle; it's just a waste of time.

I've had Dead Space 2 for awhile, but haven't played it. I liked the first, though its attempts to be a horror game made me laugh, which probably wasn't the intention.

Dead Space 2 is better than 1, in my opinion.

The biggest thing was that they did a good job of making Isaac a character I actually gave a shit about, so my reaction during the super violent death scenes was more "Nooooo Isaac" than "cool death."
  • I'm a damn twisted person
    Like I said, Iron Man lite meets McGuyver.

Wait Dead Space 2 is about a guy who runs around shooting aliens with power tools while fixing machines. It's an over the top Dad power fantasy.
    oh my god it is