If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• edited 2012-07-31 17:26:52
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

So, Steam has all the 11 Indie Bundles from the Summer Sale on sale for $10 each until Thursday.

• edited 2012-07-31 20:05:00
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

>Playing Terraria
    >Ready to fight the Waffle again
    >Lengthen hellroad and craft a crapload of potions
    >Drink potions
    >Throw guide voodoo doll into lava
    >Nothing happens because I didn't have enough houses for the guide to respawn after the last fight
    >Ragequit 

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Killed it. Fuck yeah, hardmode.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

The sad thing is there's a lot to like about Asura's Wrath, the aesthetic of hindu myths-meets-Space opera-meets DBZ, the over-the-top characters and action, and even the music.

The Heavy Rain approach to action gaming really doesn't work though.

Fun fact: the number of possible lineups for a Pokèmon team in Red and Blue exceeds the number of seconds for which the universe has existed.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Which is all for naught when we fill up our teams with psychic and ice types.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^I don't think Ice types were all that common in 1st gen metagame, I'd think.

• There is love everywhere, I already know
  • You can change. You can.

I love how they are still stuck with FF XIII

at this juncture creating a new IP and a universe around it wouldn't be a bad idea. Just sayin'

In their defense, they did make FF XIV.

Remember how that turned out?

• edited 2012-08-01 01:27:56
    There is love everywhere, I already know

They're making XIV-2 or XIV.5 to fix that now. I doubt anybody cares though.

^^ They're saving a lot of money by re-using the characters, worlds and battle system and are making a ton since well... its Final Fantasy.

Man, I do wonder, though. Isn't the name "Final Fantasy XIII" an unnecessary entry barrier? Like, if you don't know that they are self-contained and you're just browsing through the store, would you really buy this game with twelve works before it in order to understand what this thing's really about or whatever? (The answer's "Pretty people fighting big monsters" but whatever, I digress)

I mean, wouldn't FF sell much more if it was something that actually attracted customers besides those who were already there? I guess they do make enough, but a company never really settles for "enough" does it

• edited 2012-08-01 01:41:49

You're right, but I don't think they'll change since it works, despite the surprising success of TWEWY and the original KH.

Not that I actually count Kingdom Hearts as successful anymore. The plot would turn any new RPG fan away, 'Memories' feature or no.

Though I can't say DDD isn't fun.

• Who actually liked 13 anyways

• edited 2012-08-01 01:53:54
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Man, I do wonder, though. Isn't the name "Final Fantasy XIII" an unnecessary entry barrier? Like, if you don't know that they are self-contained and you're just browsing through the store, would you really buy this game with twelve works before it in order to understand what this thing's really about or whatever? 

With the completely absurd (and probably unnecessary) amount of money they spend on each FF game, they can't take even the slightest minute risk. FF doesn't have a huge amount of growth potential, but it's very unlikely to shrink in popularity much in the short term.

• I mean, wouldn't FF sell much more if it was something that actually attracted customers besides those who were already there

how do you expect to outsell them, when

I have to admit, the "hardware-less" approach sounds intriguing. If it comes out on something I own, I'll probably pick it up even though I've missed out on the last few FFs.

IMO, probably the best move Square could make to broaden the FF audience would be to port FFVI as a Facebook game.

• edited 2012-08-01 03:11:32

Because clearly what we need right now are even more Final Fantasy remakes.

Fair enough, bu can you imagine the audience that would bring in?

Speaking of FF ports, what ever happened to the III PSP remake they hyped a couple of months ago?

• Definitely not gay.

If the problem you're having is that the trees hides your characters during the forest level and the game generally looks like shit, you might want to read this.

No, the rom is genuinely shitty.

I've tested it on both ZSNES and SNES9x and it keeps on freezing/glitching.

• Bastion continues to be an amazing game. I'm now okay with the fact I've probably been making people think of it every time I post.

port FFVI as a Facebook game.

Fighting each battle one turn at a time, unless you get your friends to send you their turns. Also, you have to pay for magicite.

• But you never had any to begin with.

Hey, no-magicite runs are perfectly possible. :P

If you enjoy masochism.

• Wouldn't enjoying masochism mean enjoying people who are masochists?

If so, wouldn't that be sadism?

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Enjoying people who are masochists means enjoying masochists. Enjoying masochism means enjoying masochism.

• I'm a damn twisted person

Snozberries taste like snozberries!

the delivery is what makes it

• I'm a damn twisted person
    What you talking about meow Juan?