If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The Legend of Korra

Comments

• You can change. You can.

for what is worth, I was just being smart-alecky but I do think that considering the fact that these guys made these robots to deal with benders, it's not exactly unjustified for them to come up with a way to insulate the circuitry. It'd also make for more interesting battles than "lol throw enough water at them and they will burn"

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Well, they're solid against benders because the story needs them to be to be interesting more than anything else. We could talk about clever ways benders could overtake the mechs but that wouldn't make for an interesting story or badass fights.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

What has insulation have to do with iPads? Your lack of science studies shows!

Hey! I got my flux capacitor to get TWO point one Jiggawatts thank you very much!

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

make me an alarm clock system, then. Or a traffic light simulation.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Okay. I'm finally watching this.

Man, Korra is... kinda irritating. And I feel really sorry for Tenzin. (Currently in the middle of Episode 2.)

Korra didn't bug me until episode 5. Mostly because of shipping shenanigans.

Tenzin's my favorite though,

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

It's just like... Being an Avatar is about more than just being a bender. The contrast I see is between Korra and the police from the first episode. Korra's a better bender than them, but she doesn't know when to use her bending and when to not.

Yeah, but I think that's intentionally a part of her character conflict, learning to be more spiritual.

Or maybe I'm just being optimistic.

It's probably intentional, but it's still really irritating, you know?

Also, Amon's introduction at the Revelation in episode 3 gives me the creeps. "Your hero, your saviour, Amon!"

It kinda seems like they're setting him... above.

Revolutionaries and tyrants do it all the time, dude.

I know. But with all this talk of equality, you'd think they'd be more... equal.

Also, new guess: The incident that burned Amon and the death of Mako's parents are related.

episode 5

why are you so terrible ;-;

okay

last post today

but

Amon is totally Takon, the councilman.

Yeah episode 5 was pretty much concentrated horror.

it's not even that it was bad

as i wouldn't know, because i skipped two thirds of it

it was just... boring

It was just boring shipping filler, which I could get behind if it did advance the plot or the character arcs, but nope. 

also shaddap korra's a great lead :<

She's grown on me now, seven episodes in. She was just... irritating through those first couple of episodes.

Once she got her first look at Amon, though, she started to grow on me. She lost the... irritating brashness. Like the fear made her seem more... empathizable.

• edited 2012-05-26 11:38:08
    He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Brashness is not irritating, is it? If you say it is, then you are irritating, Korra is awesome! >:<

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

I liked early season Korra much more than early season Aang, precisely because of her brashness.

Pretty much agreed there, yeah. I found her flaws endearing rather than particularly bothersome.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    so should I talk about Avatar here or I should I just shit up IJBMer Updates with it

I wouldn't recommend it here for here be spoilers yo

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    okay

Brashness is not irritating, is it? If you say it is, then you are irritating, Korra is awesome! >:<

Brashness is not irritating in itself, but the way it is presented in the show it irritated me.

Okay, since I'm finished with Avatar, I'ma start Korra.

And I'm even almost completely unspoiled, too.

^And once you're finished with that, you have to wait every week for new episodes just like the rest of us. >:D

hooray

oh my god

what is wrong with that child's head

^You have now met the best character in LoK

Also have this: