If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The Legend of Korra

Comments

• I'm a damn twisted person

So yeah Sato is confirmed for being Scrooge McDuck style rich being able to afford to build several platinum based/plated mechs and a solid wall of the stuff. Granted it might not be as valuable in Avatar verse but it will still be hella rare.

And lol at folks on /co/ bitching about how characters got tossed around like crazy and were fine. It's always been true in the Avatar verse that people can accept stupidly large amounts of punishment. 

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

I was kind of surprised at how all these earth benders were underground and they got tossed around like nothing.

I suppose it had to do with their training taking over and whatnot, but still.

• You can change. You can.

I figured that they were just too used to metalbending, but yeah, I was thinking that too.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

It's all about plot contrivances, Beifong did use earthbending in the fight to jump but noting else.

• edited 2012-05-22 21:56:31
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Well, it's a well-documented fact that fighters fall to the level of their training. They were trained for an urban environment and to use metalbending and they instinctively did that rather than take advantage of their surroundings.

• edited 2012-05-22 22:09:11
    You can change. You can.

I think it's important to remember that Chief Bei-Fong is the best person in the Avatar universe and as such, the Republic City's police just can't compete so you best recognize, son

I was talking about her subordinates.

But yeah, Sokka might have been Batman but Lin is both Spider-man -and- Wolverine.

I was addressing vandro and I was talking about her direct subordinates, who happen to be police.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Note that the officers DO use Earthbending to brace themselves after they've roped one of the mechs.

She made it sound like she trained them herself so...

hey man sometimes the officers just can't keep up with wolver-lin. 

^^^Yeah but they were surrounded by cave walls. Toph would have wiped them out with a few swings of her arm.

They could have put up a far more decent fight if their starting move was to make an earth wall or a trench or some cover.

• edited 2012-05-22 22:35:15
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

I'm thinking it was either the surprise factor or that they were going fir non-lethal at that point.

But really, why are we arguing that obvious cannon fodder acted like cannon fodder?

I really don't think there's much of a justification besides the aforementioned training theory, really. I mean, even if they were going for non lethal, they could easily have used the rocks to destroy legs and cripple the mechs.

Yeah if they had remembered their earthbender training, they could have wrecked the ground and at least limited  the mechs' maneuverability. I'm not sure how those mechs would fare against a dedicated waterbending or firebending(hell even lightning bending) assault though. 

Firending could warp the metal (there's only so much heat platinum could take) and both lightning and waterbending could short the mechs out.

... so Sato is an idiot. He sunk a fortune into a single trap and mechs that have sharply limited viability when in the presence of firebenders and waterbenders. 

Fortunately for Sato, benders seem to lack knowledge in basic physics and chemistry.

Most importantly, I think it's important to remember the sheer fear factor involved. I mean...these are GIANT ROBOTS walking down the street (Theoretically)

• edited 2012-05-22 23:08:13
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^That seems to be the Equalist's MO, that, and surprise.

Edit: Make the obvious joke, I fucking dare you.

How long till Amon starts making Amonbots?

Obvious joke is not obvious. 

it's Motherfucking Obvious

...maybe? I dunno. 

How long till Amon starts making Amonbots?

I'm just waiting till he starts yelling "Korrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" and blaming her for everything like, say, that time he pet a dog and the dog bit his hand.

How much of the mechs circuitry isa actually exposed to water?  How can we be not sure that the circuitry is not protected with electrically insulant as well?

Twenties technology dude.

I'd like to point out that giant robots do not fall under the purview of twenties tech.

Yeah, but generally speaking the aesthetic is post-Jule Verne stuff. While they can build fantastic stuff like mechs, being magically unassailable is bit too jobby to me.

Like twenties tech includes electroshock gloves.

Ninja.

Let me put it this way. I can accept steampunk mechs in the story, but I can't accept Korra having an ipad.