If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The Legend of Korra

Comments

• You can change. You can.

So I watched episode 5 yesterday, and I have to agree with it being the weakest episode we've had so far.

It wasn't particularly awful, and I kinda like the probending plot, if only because I can watch the Fire Ferrets punching and kicking air all day erryday, but still, the fact is that the show is using both Bolin and Asami as obstacles to Mako and Korra being together which seems dumb to me because it's kinda insulting to pretend they are not going to be together, plus it undermines and lessens whatever personality these two have in order to play for shipping shenanigans.

With that said, the worst part for me was Pema's monologue about confessing your love or whatever. Ugh. 

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

The entire time Pema was making her speech I was kind of hoping it ended with '...and then they never found the body.'

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

I was laughing all the way through the episode, although truth to be told, Asami's personality was nonexistant there.

it undermines and lessens whatever personality these two have in order to play for shipping shenanigans.

That implies that Bolin's personality isn't in part defined by his crush on korra, when we saw in his introduction and subsequent interaction with her be driven by the impression she made on him.

• Latest episode:

Is this where the shit hits the fan? Please let this be where the shit hits the fan.

New theory: Pema stole Tenzin from Lin. 

And that's the extent of shipping theorizing I will do for this show.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^Well, you're right.

• what the hell are you people talking about, episode 5 was great.  That fight sequence at the end was amazing, it was some of the best animated combat in any regular series I've seen in a long time.

yes, of course they are baiting the shippers.  Thats because the guys running the show recognize that the shippers are terrible people who poisoned the last fanbase, and that they deserve to be mocked.

• I'm a damn twisted person

So wasting an episode to mock them helps the rest of the fans how exactly?

• ^ It helps them point and laugh at the crazy people?

• ^^^ Are you sure they care that much?

Quite frankly, their mocking and any connection to the fanbase is what taints the show. It's self-congratulatory and they go about it the wrong way.

Fans should influence a show sure, but they should never have the level of creative influence that they had over that episode.

Teenage love drama is way too stupid, in real life more so, so I do think the episode is the funniest episode from this series.

Really, I find the adult characters (except Pema) more interesting.

I want to see Tarrlok scheme for the iron throne control for Republic City.

>Implying Pema's mental age is older than Korra's actual age.

That fucking scene where she brags about stealing her husband away from another guy.THAT FUCKING SCENE.

• edited 2012-05-13 15:21:12
    He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

See? She's like a fifteen year old bragging she got her highscool senior to dump his also senior girlfriend.

I have to say, the scene where the announcer was cornered by the shock glove guy was just great. And Bo Lin continues to be a good successor to Sokka's role as comic relief. 

Going to toss out my theory for who Amon is. Those flashbacks Korra keeps having of Aang dealing with somebody who was stirring up trouble? That guy was a bender of some sort and after Ozai, Aang's default solution to dangerous benders was to take away their bending. With the loss of his bending, that guy gets hit with a loss of a big part of his identity and looses a lot of the social privileges benders get. Embittered by the loss of his bending, he decides "If I can't have it, nobody can!"

Okay so you know how there's the theory that Amon got his spirit bending from Koh?

Here's a theory that probably won't happen. What if the real reason he wears the mask is because Koh took his face?

• No rainbow star

^ He has eyes. That theory just doesn't work

Might be part of the mask.

I know. I know if I reached anymore you could call me Mr. Fantastic.

I do hope Amon did get his energybending from the spirits.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^They'd have to explain that REALLY well though. It's been established that spirits don't give a rat's ass about petty mortal concerns unless the environment is threatened or something.

My ideal Avatar story would deal a lot more with the spirit realm and the idea of past lives.

Something like Michael Moorcock's Eternal Champion stuff.

• edited 2012-05-13 20:07:51
    He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Not all spirits are good or neutral, Koh is the perfect example of an evil spirit, who is to say he is the only one?

My ideal Avatar story would deal a lot more with the spirit realm and the idea of past lives.

A friend of my told be an idea like this recently. Who was the first avatar? why did the spirits chose to give a mortal the power over the elements, or rather why did a spirit became imbued with powers on the mortal plane?

I'm still sticking with my theory that Amon is that guy Aang had to make settle down. That's why he wears the mask, since he is already infamous from his past. 

>They'd have to explain that REALLY well though. It's been established that spirits don't give a rat's ass about petty mortal concerns unless the environment is threatened or something.

I see Koh as something akin to Nyarlathotep in the Yog-Sothoth mythos. While most don't give a shit, he enjoys fucking with human beings.

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

I just caught up with the newest one.

THEY'RE NOT JUST BENDING THE ELEMENTS, THEY'RE BENDING MY MIND! 

• You can change. You can.

The newest episode was pretty cool, as it gave us Spider-Lin.

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

I am, however, more concerned with the fact that now the Equalists are acting more terrorist-y. Not that that's a necessarily bad thing, but I'm worried that the "good" side will become more cut-and-dry simple as the series goes on. Maybe I'm just being paranoid.

• edited 2012-05-17 20:55:29
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^I wouldn't be surprised. It is a kid's show.