If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The Legend of Korra

Comments

• You can change. You can.

You have now met the best character in LoK

>Best character

>Not Wolver-lin.

for shame.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Wolve-Lin. Wolver-Lin makes no linguistic sense and is a tongue-twister.

My favorite character is Bolin, closely followed by Tenzin

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Hey, it took Lin 5 episodes to start disrespecting her surroundings. Meelo did it the second he first appeared on screen. :|

Wolve-Lin. Wolver-Lin makes no linguistic sense and is a tongue-twister.

fine fine nitpicker :|

Watched episode 8:

I will say two things: 1) best episode so far, and 2) shit just got a lot realer.

• edited 2012-06-02 18:13:40
    smote

There's a part of me that's totally convinced that Tarlok is gonna kill Korra and dump her body in the river, even though her name's in the title and this isn't the Sopranos or something.

• edited 2012-06-02 19:02:18

I hope we get a character who knows how to use reverse-propaganda in the show.

I think an episode focused exclusively on discussing the possible ramifications of Amon's end goal (no more benders means no more military might, no more extra power at the power plants, no more living factory machines), or just spin-doctoring Amon's stances on things tangential or unrelated to his cause ("And what is your stance on WELFARE, Mister Amon?") might be interesting.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Yeah, the goals of Amon are extremely shortsighted though I really doubt that equality is his actual goal anyways.

^^If it weren't a kids show he might.

In any case I'm guessing Amon is going to rescue Korra because 'you have not gone through your part of the plan yet.'

I'd totally watch an episode where Amon and Tenzin get to have a debate. But like...a Presidential Debate or something. Maybe Korra can convince him to engage on democracy. (And then like say that she fights for truth, justice and the american republic city, as well)

Either way, I think this one's my favourite episode so far because it managed to mix some actually funny comic relief with the kids and then have probably the most badass fight we've seen yet, except for maybe mecha equalists.

Plus, Asami's getting more and more of a personality, even if it seems at times as if the show's trying way too much to make me like her.

• I'm surprised that they made Asami a main member of the Team. I have to give the writers credit where it's due, I really thought she would just be arm-candy and a crux of romantic tensions. Okay, she'll still be the latter, but at least she'll kick ass.

Also, 8 was the best episode so far.

They did need a non-bender in the team.

I would totally watch The Adventures of Asami: Sexy non-bending motorcycle-riding P.I.

I would watch Tenzin's Kids' adventures more. 

I'd watch it a lot.

I'd watch it hard.

• I'd watch both shows combined.
  • edited 2012-06-05 20:01:06
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Metalocalypse: The Meelo Experience should totally exist.

Jinora is best girl! Hahahhahhahahaha!

Meelo should be a guru.

^Guru of Metal that is.

While Asami could use more depth I think she handles the whole 'femine lady who still is badass' a lot better than Katara did.

• I'm a damn twisted person

Is it me or did Asami look a little bored sometimes when driving around with team avatar?

Still this is like the best episode so far. And a totally kickass fight. So far the writers this season have been having fun playing on what the audience thinks they know about bending from the last series, and all the twists they have yet to learn about it.

Also who is expecting Aang to laugh like a motherfucker when he finally gets to talk to Korra face to face and go "Geeze you were really hard to get in touch with!"

You know I always found the whole connection-to-the-spirit-realm-in-constant-contact-with-past-lives the most interesting part of the Avatar the most interesting part.

And of course that's the part they do the least with.

It's also a bit hard to work with. You can't have the past Avatars just show up to solve things whenever the current avatar needs advice. Still though I dug Aang's little brother/ much older brother relationship with Roku and the scene where he pulled up the past four avatars for advice on how to deal with Ozai was great. 

I think it's only hard to work with in the traditional context of evil empires and racism-analogue-du-jour. I think in another story, more focused on adventure and searching with no determined goal there's more potential.

It still runs the problem of the past avatars just solving things by giving the current avatar info too easily.

That could be an issue but I think Avatars could do other things than info. Like, say, they could call on a past avatar and they would use the elements in a completely different way than the protagonist.

To say nothing of the potential of spirit-journey type stuff, like Elric in The Dream Realms for example.

Dang it man stop talking about Elric. I can never find the stuff in the bookstore and the only easy way for me to get the books is the silly fantasy book club me and some of my friends' dads accidentally set up.

• edited 2012-06-05 23:58:25
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

I don't get why he's hard to find. I mean Elric is a pretty prominent and important character of fantasy literature.  And that's not even subjective opinion. Most writers agree with this. Neil Gaiman calls him one of the most important writers of the 20th century for god's sake!

I find it weird that my library has the Ulrich Von Bek books by Moorcock but not Elric. It's like not having LOTR but having The Silmarillion.

Mostly because bookstores go with what's current and I'm guessing the Elric books haven't had a printing run in a while. I mean hell I can't find stuff like the Sandman comics or Watchmen in bookstores anymore.

I guess I could order it online.

That'd be ideal I think. I've been buying them on Kindle since the Elric books did have some nice reprints recently (for books around forty years old). Two different kinds. One that's for 'budget' readers (budget being $15 a pop) and fancy hardcover ones.

They both have some awesome illustrations by people like Justin Sweet and Yoshitaka Fucking Amano

Logs on

8 comments on korra discussion

actually discussion on fantasy literature.

Is let down. 

• No rainbow star
    ^ =/ Not to mention the whole, "Now I must think of something relevant so I can take the 301st comment so I don't have to remember to go back a page" thing

Dammit, if I'm going to do that, at LEAST make it so the replies are worth it D: