If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

A Wild Pokémon thread appeared!

Comments

• No rainbow star
    There is also a chance of Dragon still (very unlikely since Eeveelutions tend to look a lot like their type) since dragon types... Well, Altaria is a dragon type. Nuff said
  • edited 2013-02-12 21:28:07
    "I will grant you two wishes; one for each testicle."

Maybe it's Flying type?

• a little muffled

It's pretty unlikely but I almost want to think it's a new type because I can't see what existing type that could be. (Except Psychic but it seems unlikely they'd repeat one...)

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Can't hotlink that site.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

If it is a Normal type, it could have middling stats overall, but have what most Eeveelutions lack: a large movepool.

• No rainbow star

All Eeveelutions have the same exact stats, just distributed differently

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^Exactly, this could buck that trend.

• edited 2013-02-12 22:06:35
    a little muffled

No idea how reliable this is, but apparently it really is a new type. Called it...sorta?

Well, "it's Light-type" was my instant guess but then I convinced myself it wasn't.

edit: nvm it's bullshit

• "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."

Someone on the TVT thread brought up the etymology of "nymph" (ancient Greek word, translates to "young girl" or "bride"), and that gave me a thought: perhaps Ninfia/Nympheon/whatever is a female-exclusive evolution? (Presumably with a male-exclusive evo to be shown later. X and Y.)

• No rainbow star

^ Yeah, that's my thought too

...Ninfia would definitely be more rare

• a little muffled
    Yeah that seems a little unfair with Eevee being 7:1 male.
  • But you never had any to begin with.

Didn't stop Vespiquen.

• a little muffled
    Yeah but Vespiquen wasn't introduced five generations after Combee.
  • No rainbow star
    Not to mention that it's kind of Quen's gimmick
  • No rainbow star
    Ninfia is called Sylveon in English. The trailer showed it using Swift, Final Gambit, and Focus Blast (or Aura Sphere?)

Sylv- is likely from Sylvester Stallone

Guys, introducing the first ever physical type Eeveelution, the most likely Fighting type Sylveon
  • No rainbow star
    ...Wait there are faeries called Sylvans?

...Well dammit here I was hoping for a ton of references to Stallone in future art...
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Wait there are faeries called Sylvans?

The word means "associated with the woods."

It's a term you might use for, say, a nymph.

• edited 2013-02-14 14:03:31
    a little muffled

Clearly.

I would think that sylv- comes from the Latin root silva meaning "forest", but that suggests Grass-type which it is clearly not even if we didn't have Leafeon already. I would guess that it's actually a corruption of "sylph" which refers to an air spirit, so maybe it's Flying after all. (Though it would be an equally fitting derivation if it did turn out to be "Light" or "Fairy" type.)

edit: fucking ninjas

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

Also Ninfia = Nymph.

• a little muffled

That's the most likely origin, yeah, and doesn't really make a ton of sense with Flying.

You know, I honestly do think it's going to be a new type. Neither the names nor the appearance suggest any existing type and the fact that Nintendo's playing into the whole "what type is it going to be?" thing makes me think it's not just going to randomly be Flying.

• No rainbow star
    Still going to draw Sylveon Stallone

No, I don't think it's gonna be a new type.

I think Female Normal Evolution is way more likely.

• a little muffled

I hope it's not that because that would be stupid.

• No rainbow star

What if the type was "Kick Ass" type?

It's less stupid than a new type.

And it wouldn't be the first Pokemon that evolves by Gender.

• But you never had any to begin with.

How is a new type stupid? In any way?

• a little muffled
    Thing is you normally only ever get one Eevee. Kinda sucks if that one just can't evolve into the form you want. Oh yeah, and it has an uneven gender ratio too.

And it wouldn't be the first new type either...
  • No rainbow star
    Nyktos..You could catch wild eevee in B2W2

Also, the current typings are balanced...ish. A new type would completely throw everything into chaos

Unless the type sucked royally of course
  • a little muffled
    Well, that's an exception I guess. Doesn't mean XY will go th sane way but I guess if they do it's not TOO bad. Still feels wrong though.

Also, types are not balanced. Look at Ice and Poison...
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Or they maintained the balance with it.

Something else good against Dragon wouldn't throw the balance off in a terrible bad way. Nor Dark.