If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

A Wild Pokémon thread appeared!

Comments

• No rainbow star
    ^^ Hence the ish

And to be fair, poison makes a decent defensive typing and ice a decebt offensive type

...GameFreak just seems to like not making Pokemon with base stats to match
  • a little muffled
    Yeah but they're each atrocious on one side and not good enough on the other to be worth it.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ Pokemon like Weavile did/do pretty well. They need to treat ice types more like Garchomps - where they hit fast and hard because if they don't OHKO the foe they will likely be OHKO'd themselves, and Poison types more like Ferrothorn - where they absorb hits and let the foe essentially work themselves to death
  • "I will grant you two wishes; one for each testicle."

Except Garchomps are notable because they actually can survive most shit that isn't super effective (whihc is a good number of moves).

Weavile can't, and also is weak to too many things, so the chance the enemy has a move that is super effective against it is way too high.

• No rainbow star
    My point is that it could be a good type if they just concentrated on pairing it with types that help resist its weaknesses and made the Pokemon able to sweep without setting up
  • Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

I will say though, if there was a new type, I would be okay with it being "Heart".

• a little muffled

@Icalasari: Making more bulky Poison-types isn't going to work. Yes it's an okay type defensively but even then all it really has going for it is a Fighting resistance and all the other types that resist Fighting are better offensively and not much worse defensively.

Fast frail Ice-types may have a chance of being good, but Weavile isn't even OU anymore. There are two Ice-types that are: Kyurem-B has 170 base Attack, and Mamoswine basically stays there because there aren't any decent non-Ice-types that learn Ice Shard. And that really gets to the problem with a type that's only good offensively: other types can use moves of that type.

• No rainbow star
    Still amazes me that Kyurem Black is only OU with that insane attack stat...
  • a little muffled

That is in and of itself testament to how bad Ice-type is. (Admittedly its lacking physical movepool is also a major part of it, and Kyurem-W is uber.)

• But you never had any to begin with.
    For a brief time on PO, it was UU. With predictable results.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ Kyurem Black or Kyurem White?
  • a little muffled

Well, vanilla Kyurem was UU on Smogon at one point and even if it's way worse than its other formes, those are still clearly uber-level stats.

↑↑ Kyurem-B.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

So, Gamefreak released a video of the new Eeveelution, now called "Slyveon". I'm seeing it use Trump Card, Psych-Up, Focus Blast, and Swift in that video. So, honestly I have no freaking idea what it's type could be.

• No rainbow star
    Trump Card is a move that seens associated with the Eevee line

The others?

Normal types are known for attack diversity. So either it is normal or typeless

Why typeless? It could have an ability that lets it change type

The issue is, the name Sylveon doesn't lend itself to Normal typing. (Or typeless... typing.)

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Flying makes the most sense with the name, but normal makes the most sense with the moveset.

Unless they intentionally had it use non-indicative moves just to fuck with us.

• Given how they're deliberately hiding its type, and how its design doesn't seem to lend itself to any obvious type, it's very likely.

• edited 2013-02-19 01:43:24
    No rainbow star

Saig: Here are all Fairy Egg Group Pokemon (final evolutions only)

Raichu
    Clefable
    Wigglytuff
    Azumarill
    Jumpluff
    Granbull
    Blissey
    Breloom
    Delcatty
    Mawile
    Plusle
    Minun
    Castform
    Glalie
    Roserade
    Pachirisu
    Cherrim
    Togekiss
    Froslass
    Phione
    Manaphy
    Whimsicott

The type distribution is:

7 Normal
    5 Grass
    4 Electric
    3 Water
    3 Flying
    2 Ice
    1 Fighting
    1 Steel
    1 Poison
    1 Ghost

This and its appearance are why I'm betting so much on a Normal type

EDIT: Also, the only pure flying type is a legendary Pokemon and it has no legs, but instead a cloud. Sylveon is clearly on the ground on all fours

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    The series really needs more pure flying-types. Having birds be flying/normal is really dumb.
    All it does is take away a resistance.
  • "I will grant you two wishes; one for each testicle."

And add an immunity.

Which one?

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Ghost.

@Icalasari

The issue being that egg groups are ridiculous. (Skitty x Wailord etc.)
  • No rainbow star
    ^ That's the Field group which tends to contain most animal Pokemon

It makes a loose amount of sense, especially if you factor in that gameplay would be a simplified version of if the game was real life (eg you can technically mate a Tea Cup Poodle with a Great Dane. Doesn't mean you should)
  • a little muffled

There is no way they would do this "WHAT TYPE WILL IT BE????" stuff and then have it be the most boring type in the game.

• No rainbow star
    ^ It's Nintendo
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

No, it's Gamefreak.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Also, Normal isn't actually that boring of a type.