If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

A Wild Pokémon thread appeared!

Comments

• If that don't work, use more gun.

Yes, finally! 3D models! Fuck you sprites!

Though while the in battle 3D looks nice, the 3D out of battle just looks like a higher res DS game.

• No rainbow star

X Axis
    Y Axis
    Z Axis

I think Game Freak is setting up for a 3DS pun here...

• edited 2013-01-08 14:30:57
    yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

-

• No rainbow star

^ ?

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

now I have blanked my post and you will be confused forever

muahahaha

• But you never had any to begin with.

Though I am concerned that using 3-D models would make the game shorter, the best thing about B2/W2 was how huge the world was and how much you could do.

Why would it make the game shorter?

• No rainbow star

Super Lazuli said: I knew we shouldn't have given Bastion that job as our lead developer.

Ahem

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I saw this coming and...well, I still maintain that it was entirely unnecessary and that they're only doing it because the 3DS marketing was so badly screwed up that every game on the system has to take advantage of its worst feature whether it fits or not, but it looks significantly better than I expected. Partly because they seem to have gone out of their way to make the 3D look as 2D as possible, but I'll take a win where I can get one.

• MrWMrW
    edited 2013-01-08 15:34:53

ignore.

• Imma miss you sprites. :_:
  • Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

In the video, it does say game footage not final, so they will probably clean up the graphics.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

So. What starters are people going with?

Fennekin FTW.

• edited 2013-01-08 16:37:31
    Has friends besides tanks now

Chespin, but I want to beat Black 2 first. Don't remember if I have my 3DS with me or anything, but I'll probably wait until school lets back in anyway.

Fennekin. And if it turns out to be Fire/Fighting, may whatever gods exist have mercy on the world.

• No rainbow star

I'm getting Froakie, my girlfriend is getting Fennekin, and I can probably convince my sister to get Chespin

Also

2:23:52 PM me
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f693/new-pokemon-discussion-speculation-144796/index3.html#post4545982 Somebody brought up the possibility of the legendaries being based on Norse Mythology]
    2:33:24 PM bregerocks
    Hmmm they might have a point, i mean at the roots of the world tree there are three deer, all of whom are capable of speech, and a dragon whose wings are filled with zombies)

Gogogo Zombie Bird King?

• edited 2013-01-08 17:22:37
    a little muffled

I would be so happy to not have another damn Fire/Fighting starter line.

Anyway right now I'm thinking Chespin but actually I like all three. Not picking until I see the evolutions, at least.

If you look at the video, it looks like Fennekin uses a Psychic type attack.

It's hardly like Fighting types haven't learned Psychic moves before.

• No rainbow star

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

I'm leaning towards Froakie myself, and the red flying legendary looks cool as hell.

• No rainbow star

• edited 2013-01-08 18:49:34
    No rainbow star

So if there IS a Norse Mythology motif, then the third legendary could be an underground serpent, and the event legendary a squirrel that goes up and down the world tree

Also, apparently there are also W and Z chromosomes, and some are saying The World Tree/Yggdrasil could be the W legendary but that seems REALLY off the walls guessing...

Oh, and some are guessing that the genetics could indicate that the legendaries represent nature vs nurture

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Shorts and Pokemon! The ultimate combination!

Oh shit, it's you...

• No rainbow star
    Xerneas and Yveltal are the names of the legendaries

And the award for least pronounceable legendaries that aren't called Suicune goes to...

Pretty sure Ical just made those up.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Er, no? Five seconds on Google shows that he didn't.

Oh. Huh.

• a little muffled

And the award for least pronounceable legendaries that aren't called Suicune goes to...
    I dunno, if you base it on sheer frequency of mispronunciation I think Rayquaza takes it by a mile.

• No rainbow star
    ^ I'm pretty sure people STILL don't know the official pronounciation of Arceus. Not even Nintendo