If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

A Wild Pokémon thread appeared!

Comments

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Actually, we have three-on-three battles now. <_<

I know, but the biggest change was 1v1 to 2v2. 

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

>hating on a Pokemon
    >it's a Steel type

You are doing it wrong.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

^ What did Aron ever do to you?

The same thing Weavile did; be 4x weak to Fighting-types. :|

I know, but the biggest change was 1v1 to 2v2. 

If we're going to talk about the biggest changes to the series, though, you need to give Generation III a lot more credit.

You are doing it wrong.

You know what else is steel type? Probopass. :|

• No rainbow star

^ Fuck you Weavile is the shit >:|

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Weavile would be the shit if it didn't suck >:(

Also, defeating a Level 53 Audino when Larvesta is holding EXP Share gives Larvesta enough EXP to go up eighteen levels from Level 1.

• I'm a damn twisted person

Look Weavile and Aggron are awesome, but they are like that friend with horrible cat allergies. They are awesome as long as you don't take them around cats. Or fires. 

Cats do tend to kill my Weaviles.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

@Alex: Actually, a Pokemon's level does have an impact, independent of stats in the damage and capture formulas.

Only slightly.

• but I largely think that a lot of Pokemon's success has come from how solid the games are systematically.

Most of it is due to clever marketing and the emphasis on trading and multiplayer.

That is part of it, but not all by any means.

• Definitely not gay.

I remember one fan fic that showed Curse being really dark and a sort of soul consuming move for non ghost types

Oh my god you browse Pokemon fanfiction sites

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Most of it is due to clever marketing and the emphasis on trading and multiplayer.

That might be a valid point if there were only one or two generations, but this Pokemon thing has been going for almost twenty years. Nothing lasts this long without something to offer, and Pokemon has always been a legitimately clever game. 

No?

Well, I read one guy's fanfiction, but it didn't feature that.

No, what inspired that was statues.

• Definitely not gay.

I was talking to Icalasari

... Oh, right, he posted that. Duh.

• If that don't work, use more gun.

Okay, question. Not trying to be a dick here, but does anyone else in this thread besides me not do Nuzlockes/competitive stuff/etc.? I kind of feel like the only casual player here.

I don't do nuzlockes, but I do play competitively. I find it fun. It's a whole different beast than playing casually.

• Definitely not gay.

Oh. I missed that bit about competitive Pokemon.

I play on OU, used to dabble in UU a bit back.

Hey Marioguy, what's your tier?

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Okay, question. Not trying to be a dick here, but does anyone else in this thread besides me not do Nuzlockes/competitive stuff/etc.? I kind of feel like the only casual player here.

Me.

• edited 2012-10-14 12:44:59
    If that don't work, use more gun.

OU, but I haven't had time to get back into playing competitive. I'm sure my sand team is HEAVILY outdated by now, especially with the release of the new games, and all the move tutors in those games.

Also, interesting analysis there Alex. Yeah, while I think marketing carried the series for the first 2 gens, it's the gameplay and the multiplayer aspect that kept people coming back for more. I mean, you've got several people outside the target demographic buying them, so I doubt it's just nostalgia keeping the series alive.

Also got the Dream Radar. Eh... I'm kind of shaky on paying for something like this, especially since it's just another version of Face Raiders, which we already have on the 3DS.

• Definitely not gay.

Sand team? Aw man, I was going to recommend Infernape.

Infernape is a beast, man. I've used it on all my teams and it's done great so far.

• No rainbow star
    Eel: It was written by the owner of the first forum I ever went to

...Damn that place had issues
  • "I will grant you two wishes; one for each testicle."

Man I haven't played comp in forever. My team must suck ass now.

I wonder how the new movesets/forms changed Ubers/OU.

• a little muffled

I play competitive sometimes. Mostly UU, because fuck weather.

@707ruz: Smogon analyses for the BW2 are still mostly in progress, but you can always check out the unfinished ones for some idea of what's going on.

• No rainbow star
    Bet my Kingdra is now useless...
  • a little muffled

In competitive play you mean?

Because if so, Kingdra is one of the top threats in UU (to the point of almost being banned) and a solid anti-meta pick in OU.

• No rainbow star
    Oh

That's good to hear then

Took forever to get a 28/31/30/31/31/31 Modest Kingdra w/ Swift Swim...
  • yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

how horrible. :| 

Also I can't find Koffing in B2. It's allegedly in the compound somewhere, is it in a specific place therein or does it just have a low encounter rate? 

• No rainbow star
    ^ Low encounter rate
  • edited 2012-10-14 18:45:15
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^^Serebii says they're in the Virbank Complex with a 15% encounter rate. So yeah, it is pretty low.