If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

A Wild Pokémon thread appeared!

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Just murderlize all of them, who you start with doesn't matter.

• No rainbow star
    And I just remembered Max has Crunch

Stoutland killing a bunch of ghosts it is!
  • No rainbow star
    My level 55 Scrafty vs Grimsley's level 48 Scrafty

...Uh-huh
  • No rainbow star
    Caitlin: Crunched

Marshal: Mummified

Shauntel: All Worked Up

Grimsley: (Brick) Break'ed His Heart

Ok, now that the horrible puns are done with...

Do I use my Master Ball on Zekrom, or risk losing Team Mates in battle? Don't forget my lowest level is 55, I can Power Split his massive attack, and I have two tanks ready
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

If you're planning on playing White again after beating Ghetsis, Power Split it and get to work.

If you're planning on not, use your Master Ball.

• No rainbow star
    Think a level 55 Cofagrigus can take a hit from (god forbid) a 31 atk iv adamant Zekrom's strongest attack (probably his volt attack)?

Yeah.

• No rainbow star
    Watch it be a Critical 8D

Well then... Power split, heal, and go to town I guess

Power split, swap, and go to town.

Leave Cofagrigus alive in your team, and risk other tanks.

• No rainbow star
    Hmm... I plan on leaving Stoutland out of the battle (1 - Because I can. 2 - Then I still have him in case Ghetsis tenderizes me). Should I go train Gigalith? Then I'll have three tanks against Zeky, two of which would have Sturdy

No. Well, you can't anyway- you can't leave once you go to take on the Elite Four without wiping your team.

Just go do it.

• edited 2012-10-15 00:37:49
    No rainbow star
    ^ ...I already left by talking to a grunt. I decided to go train while waiting for an answer

And I got a reminder that she has iron defense. So power split + three iron = Yeah Diane is coming with me

... Bluh, right, you can do that for some reason.

• No rainbow star
    ^ To be fair, you can access a PC. I assume it's so that you aren't screwed if you decide to throw away all your balls, items, and money and release all but a level 2 lillipup

To be fair, you can access a PC. I assume it's so that you aren't screwed if you decide to throw away all your balls, items, and money and release all but a level 2 lillipup

No, it's in case you're not tough enough to take on Ghetsis, or your Pokemon are too injured. It also allows you to deposit a Pokemon to get Reshiram.

Anyway, new post coming up real quick.

• No rainbow star
    So what should Gigalith know other than Iron Defense? She has Iron Defense, Stone Edge, Rock Slide, and Stealth Rock. She is being replaced with Zekrom immediately after capture so she only needs a Zekrom catching set

Okay, so, I've decided to Nuzlocke Platinum again.

Now, for those Nuzlockers of you out there, you should already know that Platinum is the single most difficult Pokemon game to Nuzlocke. It's hard, it's frustrating, and there aren't a lot of good Pokemon out there.

So, just to make it more difficult for myself, I'm going to go with this set of rules:

1. If a Pokemon faints, it's dead, no exception.
    2. You can only catch one Pokemon per area, and it can only be the first Pokemon you see in that area.
    3. You are only allowed to catch a total of six Pokemon over the course of the entire game, and only one of these can be a Legendary.
    4. Eggs and gift Pokemon do count towards this total of six Pokemon, except for the egg Cynthia gives you.
    5. You can catch more than six Pokemon, but any Pokemon beyond the sixth must be named HMSlave and cannot be used in battle. Using one of your HMSlaves in battle automatically causes you to lose the Nuzlocke.

So. That's the rules for my new Platinum Nuzlocke.

Suggestions for which Pokemon I should hope for? Preferably suggestions for which starter I should choose, too.

• No rainbow star
    Infernape is a heavy hitter, but Empoleon... Well, it's a steel type. Which may save your ass

Make your legendary Giratina. No chance of accidental encounters so you're guaranteed a wall of a dragon

Cynthia's egg not counting means you have 7 Pokemon to use from what I can tell. So use that damned egg

Steal an Archeops egg from the Pokepast
  • No rainbow star
    Oh, and Bibarel's Simple and his other ability may be useful, so don't discount Bidoof

...Hope for something better, but yeah
  • No rainbow star
    Going with Iron Defense, Stone Edge, Strength, and Stealth Rocks for Zeky. Sound good?

Well, issue is, if I settle for a Bibarel, and then find a better Pokemon later, I won't be able to catch it, because Bibarel took its slot.

You do indeed end up with seven Pokemon, unless you use Cynthia's egg as a HM Slave.

I was considering going for Empoleon, but at the same time, you can get Riolu in Stark Mountain, so I'm torn between getting Empoleon as a wall, or Riolu as a heavy hitter.

Giratina is basically the Legendary of choice, so I'm grabbing it.

But what do I get outside of those? Infernape, Giratina and Riolu, or Empolen and Giratina?

Going with Iron Defense, Stone Edge, Strength, and Stealth Rocks for Zeky. Sound good?

Sounds okay.

• No rainbow star
    Wait, if the first five Pokemon you catch are the ones you have to use, won't you lose many routes worth of HM Slaves, potentially making it impossible to continue through the game later on?

And I'd say Infernape, Lucario, Giratina. Was about to suggest Rotom for the forms but recalled that that event ended already...

Spiritomb? I could send you an egg and you could set up special rules to see if it counts or not as the game makes them a pain in the ass to get
  • No rainbow star
    What if Zekrom knocks out more than one Pokemon, or N knocks out a Pokemon (especially a lead), since N auto heals? Do I allow a team wipe the next battle but don't count since the sole purpose would be to remove dead Pokemon? Do I say, "PokeJesus raised my Pokemon from the dead Hallehujah"?

And since Zeky is plot important, the run plot driven, and the game pretty much says, "Yeah, that's the same Zekrom. He's a fighter, he can brush it off", can I still use him if he "dies" in the battle before I can capture him the first time?

Wait, if the first five Pokemon you catch are the ones you have to use, won't you lose many routes worth of HM Slaves, potentially making it impossible to continue through the game later on?

No, you can name them HM Slaves if you don't want them for your team.

Spiritomb? I could send you an egg and you could set up special rules to see if it counts or not as the game makes them a pain in the ass to get

... I have to say no. Otherwise I'd be too tempted to send myself an Archen egg and breeze through the game.

• No rainbow star
    "Diane wants to learn Explosion. Wo-" "NO!"
  • No rainbow star
    ...Nova

Archen isn't in Platinum

At all

There is literally no data for it

What if Zekrom knocks out more than one Pokemon, or N knocks out a Pokemon (especially a lead), since N auto heals? Do I allow a team wipe the next battle but don't count since the sole purpose would be to remove dead Pokemon? Do I say, "PokeJesus raised my Pokemon from the dead Hallehujah"?

If one of your Pokemon dies, you don't use it. If your other Pokemon are all KO'ed, it's counted as a wipe for you, and you have to let them be knocked out again.

And since Zeky is plot important, the run plot driven, and the game pretty much says, "Yeah, that's the same Zekrom. He's a fighter, he can brush it off", can I still use him if he "dies" in the battle before I can capture him the first time?

Zekrom... is a special case. You technically could let him die, but it's not a good idea, because the plot of White 2 involves him.

So I'd say he's a special case, as he's a Legendary Dragon with superpowers and shit.

• No rainbow star
    Ok. And if my lead gets killed, seeing as how that means I get screwed with switching?

Zekrom is automatically put as the lead for your party.

• edited 2012-10-15 01:35:53
    If that don't work, use more gun.

No, it's in case you're not tough enough to take on Ghetsis, or your Pokemon are too injured. It also allows you to deposit a Pokemon to get Reshiram.

Uh, no. If you capture the legendary dragon with a full party, it'll ask you if you want to use it in the next battle, and which Pokemon you want to switch it out with. Not really a good idea, because while it can handle N's team pretty well, Ghetsis' Hydreigon can easily murder it.

On the plus side, if you get wiped out by Ghetsis, you don't have to battle N again.