If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Animu/Mango General

Comments

• edited 2015-02-07 14:04:45
    There is love everywhere, I already know
    None of these shows is even Upotte!! or C3-bu or Sabagebu! though.

NEW MISSION: Become an adorable girls with guns person. I'm pretty sure at least one of these shows even has a sweet ARMS OP/ED.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Yeah I'd like to see adorable girls-with-guns stuff too.  As I mentioned, I would have liked to see AKB0048 ep 3 shown.  I should have suggested it myself...
    In other news I watched the first ep of NGNL and concluded that the two main characters are assholes and that the setting premise of the game world is silly.
    Also watched the first episode of El Cazador de la Bruja, both subbed and dubbed.

It seems to strike my fancy.  Not that I know how my fancy works, but, yeah.

It does have a little bit of an exotic feel to it so the English dub doesn't feel quite right.  But nor does the Japanese dub, since it takes place in what seems to be a Mesoamerican region of some sort.  Is there a Spanish dub...?
  • edited 2015-02-10 16:32:53
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Just watched all of The Eternal Aseria, also known as The Eternal Aselia, also known as Eien no Aseria, also known as Eien no Aselia.  It's two 30-minute episodes, forming an OVA.  Seems to be made by a company called "XUSE" that seems to specialize in adult VNs.  Apparently this thing is based off a VN.  Said VN is a PC thing, though apparently there's also a PS2 game related to this somehow.  While vndb says that this VN (Eien no Aselia -the Spirit of Eternity Sword-) is 18+, the OVA is clean as far as I can tell.

Unfortunately the two episodes it has are far from enough to tell a complete story.  It just sorta ends on a cliffhanger.

Seems a little similar to the Fire Emblem anime.  Also two episodes produced, also seemed to be bound for a greater plot but the rest never materialized.  Fire Emblem was pretty good.  Aseria is at least okay, though doesn't seem like anything particularly special in its current state.  Even the animation seems kinda 90s-ish, despite its being made in the 00s (the Fire Emblem OVA was made in 1997).

Aseria has a lot of potentially interesting setting and plot hooks, as it is.  Unfortunately, they're not really developed.
  • edited 2015-02-11 12:13:11
    As of episode 12, Blassreiter has taken a turn from "someone sure likes their suffering" to "isn't that a little excessive? The story isn't even halfway through".

On the "bright" side, the plot now sort of fits the excessively edgy aesthetic.

• Maybe On Earth. Maybe In the Future.
    Naas_Human wrote: »
    As of episode 12, Blassreiter has taken a turn from "someone sure likes their suffering" to "isn't that a little excessive? The story isn't even halfway through".

On the "bright" side, the plot now sort of fits the excessively edgy aesthetic.

I'm guessing this is when Gen was writing the episodes?
  • According to ANN, he wrote episode 12, yeah.
  • edited 2015-02-16 03:55:39
    Pretty sure it's the same singer in savage genius who sang all the following songs:
    * "Omoi wo Kanadete", Uta~Kata OP
    * "Forever", Elemental Gelade OP
    * "Hikari no Yukue", El Cazador de la Bruja OP

Why does that voice sound less fitting in that third song than in the others?
  • edited 2015-02-20 19:31:22
    I find it slightly amazing that Haruhi (the show) is written well enough such that it can take a cast of five main characters of whom I dislike three or four and still leave me entertained enough to keep watching.
    "Mom, what's that!"

"Shh!  Those are crazy people."
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    I rememeber I was a diehard fan of Haruhi, then shit like K-On! happened and blagh
  • Maybe On Earth. Maybe In the Future.
    vandro wrote: »
    I rememeber I was a diehard fan of Haruhi, then shit like K-On! happened and blagh

K-On still remains the most boring show I've ever sat though. And yet I forced myself to sit though all 30 something episodes...
  • edited 2015-02-24 05:04:28
    what is wrong with you people Keions are the best

In all seriousness though if any studio has proved that you don't have to like everything they've done, it's KyoAni.

Also I'd like to think a studio resonating with you (like me with BONES) can be based on a lot of weird things but one of them definitely has to be selective blindness.

Despite Love Live! 2nd Season (which I haven't seen yet) I refuse to believe that Sunrise doesn't have some curse on them that doesn't let them make great even near decent sequels.
    I just realized, the Haruhi series is basically stories about babysiting God.
    Dear anime,

Please stop playing accidental pervert scenes for comedy.  Just leave them alone, or give enough time to establish character significance and then move on.

Thank you,
    ~GMH
    So of the two "Kongou"s -- the one from Arpeggio and the one from KanColle -- which one is the Republic and which one is the Democratic Republic?
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    That is the worst joke.

Also I'm mostly posting just so it doesn't seem like you post more in here than I do, maintaining my reputation and all.
  • edited 2015-02-27 04:51:37
    I haven't posted in this thread since October, so something.

But to pretend like I have some business posting here again:
    Watched episode one of Yoru no Yatterman.
    It was definitely an episode of anime. Given how few episodes of anime I've watched lately I suppose that is actually noteworthy.
    I liked it more than the half an episode of Kill La Kill I watched last week but less than, uh... actually that's about all I have lately for comparison. (more fair comparison: I didn't like it as much as I liked the first episodes of Gatchaman Crowds or Sekai Seifuku: Bouryaku no Zvezda at the time I watched them but I don't know how I'd feel about either if I somehow watched them for the first time now)
    I feel like it wants me to have at least a vague idea of what Yatterman was about but I don't and I don't particularly care to find out.

On one hand, I want to think the reason I haven't been watching anime lately is because anime is all terrible and I have better things to do with my time but 1.) I really don't and 2.) that wouldn't explain why I also have barely watched, for example, any live-action movies either lately so for the time being I'll blame it on school.

EDIT: Episode 2. Still hasn't answered the most important question: what kind of person names their daughter "Leopard"?

• On one hand, I want to think the reason I haven't been watching anime lately is because anime is all terrible and I have better things to do with my time but 1.) I really don't and 2.) that wouldn't explain why I also have barely watched, for example, any live-action movies either lately so for the time being I'll blame it on school.

Join the dark side... soon you'll be complaining about how [insert word describing current trend]shit can't hold a candle to the time filtered examples of the moe of old, and blaming otaku culture for the failure of the industry to cater to your tastes with the rest of us!
  • edited 2015-02-27 13:40:03
    Yay now I have my entire captive audience back~

Now to discuss actual anime, I'm pretty sure Gundam Build Fighters TRY Episode 20 tried to imply that using laser capes while Gunpla battling isn't okay (because a villain was doing it) but using a magic system that you couldn't create yourself (because you are the protagonist) that creates particle ghost versions of you is totally fine because they also use fists. Also only use fists when fighting with Gundams or something.

Also for a show about teams I'm pretty sure 2/3rds of the protagonists have had like... four lines more than even the least important side-characters for the last six episodes.

To give it some credit, I actually thought the episode was attempting to have an actual discussion about strength and that it's message about being generally strong being worse than your own strength was commendable, I just like... couldn't actually glean that from the characters because even without every danged person in the arena cheering for the protagonist and treating the other guy like he was the most horrid thing (for going out and learning things and trying to become stronger and building his own danged Gundam*!) thereby annoying me too much to focus I'm pretty sure it was overall poorly established.

I feel like the head writer just... really loves the protagonist and doesn't ever want him to be put down or something which kind of sucks because that means this season we've seen zero fun Gundam style things because the protagonist uses fisticuffs and then proceeds to beat lasers because apparently martial arts are better than Gundams with fifty guns which is a terrible message considering what they are trying to sell.

*Yes, none of the protagonists built the Gundam they keep winning against people who built their own Gundams with, yet when people who weren't the protagonists did this like nine episodes ago they were bad, bad people.

I really considered dropping it around the start of this episode, but I'm in too deep at this point and that somebody on the writing team actually has their stuff together and writes decent dialogue (That Driver's  License thing was gold).
    Also DYRE watch PriPara it's amazing.
  • Yeah, probably.

Well I just went and dropped everything I had as watching on HB except Pripara and Yoru no Yatterman and 999 (and Lain, but that just means I moved it back to completed instead of rewatching). Maybe somehow if I just don't think about any other anime at all it will motivate me to watch these more. No it won't. But yeah I do want to get back to watching PriPara. It was fun.

That said, Bloodborne comes out in a few weeks so if it's half as good as Dark Souls, once that happens I will probably play that 100% of the time forever and will again stop watching anime entirely.
    SHOW BY ROCK!! is BONES.

Look, I'm sorry about last year but I'm just one weeb, I can't afford Kekkai Sensen BDs and UtaPri CDs and whatever I have to buy that involves SHOW BY ROCK too next cour ;-;

New Aikatsu! characters.

Yes that is a pink-haired twintailed Madoka.
    But Madoka Kaname already has pink hair and twintails.
  • Yes that is the point.

This character also has pink hair and twintails and is named Madoka.
    Oh, I didn't get that last part.
  • edited 2015-03-01 11:27:31
    I'm gonna drop Lady Jewelpet entirely because I'm way too behind. I do really enjoy watching it and the characters are kind of important to me now but I really need to probably move on because I bet in four episodes or so everybody will go back to annoying me.

Tried Saekano, it is actually enjoyable but episode 00 really overdid the fanservice and that put me off it so I basically spent all of episode 1 trying to find flaws with it and there were plenty enough. I liked the protagonist and main girl and the one who isn't Senjougahara and the blond twintailed tsuntsun one but I feel like musical Kanbaru who isn't gay was just going to be a downer overall because she lacks any of Kanbaru's assets aside from the exact same character design and general demeanor and is the most boring.

Also it's probably a bad thing that the presumably meta hipster referentialism of it all (Protagonist has all the SAO figures, a ViviOpe one and such) makes me just want to watch shows that are set in their own worlds, I think this is mostly because it's supposed to be about making a doujin but instead of referring to other shows it does this weird thing that just has the characters talk about how much they like the other shows.

I really did enjoy it but I feel like the characters have somehow taken second place to that concept and after the first episode the only one left to introduce is not Kanbaru and they only discussed the most bare bones version of their doujin throughout both episodes and outside of it being how the protagonist meets main girl I have no idea what the game is supposed to be about so I can't exactly care if they finish it or not.

Gonna try Sengoku Musou next because I'll never get over missing the Sengoku Basara anime but that is way too long to try.
    'Hamatora Project' Gets Movie and SD Anime Series
    There is something wrong with the universe.