If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Animu/Mango General

Comments

• edited 2014-08-25 15:42:41
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

oh my gosh @fourteenwings i am looking at your hummingbird feed and

> finished Fate Zero 8 days ago

> finished Fate Zero 2nd season 8 days ago

> finished Hamatora the Animation 19 days ago

> finished Love Live School Idol Project a month ago

> finished Aikatsu 2 months ago

how do you finish so many things so fast

• Just sit down and watch something instead of thinking about what to watch or when to watch it.

• edited 2014-08-26 10:52:54
    There is love everywhere, I already know

how do you finish so many things so fast

DYRE and Jaooooo totally finish things faster than I do.

Also anime is life if you're not watching it in your non-school non-work moments you're living life wrong.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Also

> they done fucked it up

ehh, they just changed it a bit.  It was still pretty touching.

Also anime is life if you're not watching it in your non-school non-work moments you're living life wrong.

Touma pls

picture

• I try to use Zenbu (desktop client for MAL/HB/AniList) to see if I can automatically update my MAL to reflect my HB list.

"You've set multiple lists to sync to. Choose a primary list so that your lists don't get messed up."

So I choose HB.

It messes up my HB list anyway.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

So the other day in IRC I was going on about how Aoi was my favoraite Aikatsu! character and such and it got me thinking about the other Cool idols in the series and how they all kind of thrive on a certain element of dual personalities.

I've said before that Sexy is just Cool but feminine, and by contrast that means Cool is masculine. Now this is where we come to the aesthetics of each characters personality, which might seem a bit odd a thing to do but I feel is most appropriate.

Also before I go on at no point did I say "feminine" meant girls and "masculine" meant boys it's just how our world treats the general aesthetics.

Aoi, Seira and Yurika all exhibit traits that give them away as having a masculine brevity or sense of "otherness" that belies outside of their usual day-to-day personality.

Aoi is an idol otaku, which is her everyday thing but then we come to her more caring side. I know "caring" isn't a word you would usually associate with a masculine personality type but Aoi's brand of caring involves giving practical advice at face value while failing to find the truer subtleties to the art of encouragement. This is because a key part of her personality is the inability to see things in greyer tinges, she acknowledges this and as someone who can only really have a vague interpretation of the vague aesthetics of the future, is drawn to the brand Futuring Girl.

Futuring Girl presents it's vision of the future with the utmost confidence. It's designer, Rei, is almost Aoi's antithesis. He lacks everyday confidence and doesn't understand the practicalities, but that's why she's able to go out on stage and project her everyday Aoi image while also taking on board Rei's image, this giving her a duality that even she can sometimes miss.

Then we have Seira. Seira is a rocker, one who doesn't exactly... think very much about whatever she's up to or even how to get from A to B. But it's not like her entire life is based around her guitar, she has things in life she values. One interesting way I'd like to look at this is how she treats all her colleagues.

At no point does she ever paint any of her relationships with rose aside from that with her younger sister, her need to see her little sister smile being the spark that lights the idol in her. Kii is her producer and buddy, and Ichigo is like... (I feel weird saying this) her guidelight? Ever since the initial moment they decided to form 2wingS, Seira has hopped on to Ichigo's ideas while still maintaining a very strong sense of self.

Her brand, chosen by her producer presumably, adds a layer of "trend" and "unreadability" to this very obvious blockhead (I swear this is a complement).

Then we come to Yurika. How is this girl who wears Loli Gothic and gap-moe even the slightest bit masculine? It's obvious. Yurika's style that reaches into the world of Victorian England... does not reach into the specific goth loli trend you usually see. A lot of Loli Gothic's clothes are actually shorts, and even the dresses will give a sense of Yurika being the "Lord of the Manor". Yurika's nuances come not only from the brand, but also from her image; A cold, bloodthirsty vampire.

Even when caught out, she doesn't exactly hide away, she fights to maintain her image and laughs it off. Her moe elements add to her masculine identity. Yurika is the sole "cool" character who always has something introspective going on, as the most cerebral of the three her duality comes not from an intangible energy, it lies in using her brain to always come up with new and exciting ways to be Yurika on stage.

I would write about the Sexy characters next but I think all of them have more prevalent and forward personalities (aside from Ran but I haven't figured exactly what aesthetics she'd fall under yet yes I know 97 episodes but still).

1. the Haruhi series seems to mainly be a sort of playing with the setting premise.  the writers seem to have had a lot of fun with it.

2. the writing and direction and stuff is quite good.

3. the dub is also quite good.

4. I'm now watching episodes that for some reason I thought were Endless Eight but apparently aren't.  I guess I miscounted?  Still, though, now I really don't know what's going to happen next.  That's a good thing.  Or maybe Haruhi is trolling me through the 4th wall -- since it's been quite well-established that in this series that the 4th wall is only paper-thin.

• a little muffled

Which order are you watching in?

apparently, chronological.

• First season or second?

I think I have both seasons rolled into one package.  So I'll guess it's both.

Unfortunately, thinking about it from this perspective has made me a guess as to when E8 is going to happen.  Darnit.

• edited 2014-09-02 22:18:28
    a little muffled

The actual chronological order is the one that mixes the two seasons together, so it probably is that one. I'm certainly not aware of any other ordering that does that.

Don't they show the episode titles at the beginning anyway? All the E8 episodes (including the first one where you could conceivably not know the gimmick) are just named "Endless Eight, Part N", so it's not like it'll really be a shock when it does come. The only shock is realizing just how many episodes it goes on for, if you're not aware already.

When I forgot Anthea Kallenberg's name (she's the main character from Under the Dog), for some reason I instead remembered Hannah Weber (one of the characters from Element Hunters).

Now I seem to be mixing the two of them together mentally.

• edited 2014-09-04 21:57:43

Speaking of Under the Dog, where the hell did this huge spike come from?

I guess Kojima's endorsement was a big deal or something.

• edited 2014-09-04 22:03:33

Yeah I heard that it had hit its goal and I was like, wutdafuq

That is one MASSIVE spike.

• Need I say Welcome To The NHA is one of the most quintessential animes I've ever seen? Its got some really deep stuff and manages to comment not only on Japanese culture but American culture. I wish other facets of pop culture were willing to look as deep into themselves as Welcome to the NHA does for Otakuism.

• Destined for infinity or a miracle...

Of interest to (I think) shotapettanko

I haven't actually been keeping up with that as much as I thought I would. I guess having followed the manga roughly a year or two before airing's kinda put me off on watching a show wherein I'll know all the twists and turns. Then again, animated Esdeath should be reason enough huh?

If there's been one anime I've been following it's Nozaki-kun. This anime is just HILARIOUS, the humor's just so unqiue and, man the pairings get me doki doki real quick. Really though, it is one funny show and I've been keeping up with it every week. That's...more than I can say about anything else I've been watchig really.

I think the main reason I've been so lax with the animu is Kancolle. I got an account roughly a month ago....and maaaan. I'm really addicted. Wake up to play kancolle. Play kancolle before I sleep. It's just, really really really fun.

Need I say Welcome To The NHK is one of the most quintessential animes I've ever seen?

purupurupururiiiiin

• a little muffled

nah, he's talking about welcome to the NHA, the most popular canadian anime of all time

• Destined for infinity or a miracle...

:^)

FUCK YEAH HOCKEY

AT LEAST IT'S NOT THAT STUPID HANDEGG THING

• a little muffled

FUCK YEAH HOCKEY

AT LEAST IT'S NOT THAT STUPID HANDEGG THING

canadian culture in a nutshell

THERE IS A POST I HAVE AUTHORED

AND IT'S CANADIAN -- THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF AMERICAN

NO

STOP TORTURING ME

OKAY I ADMIT IT

I'M NOT REALLY AMERICAN

I'M CANADIAN

IS THAT WHAT YOU WANTED TO HEAR, YOU BASTARD

• edited 2014-09-06 20:09:51
    Destined for infinity or a miracle...

"Handegg"

This is what came to mind. (NSFW)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-0XPunqP3YlE/UJ1NxppnVVI/AAAAAAAAB4I/D3DykIEX9mI/s758/TengaEggInfo.jpg

(mod edit: NSFW picture)

So, I noticed that DYRE dropped Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance (a.k.a. Blade Dance of the Elementalers) after four eps.  I asked how good it was and the response was basically negative.

Since I am the type to be morbidly curious, I decided to give it a try.

> start watching ep 1

> intro

> OP

> episode start: brief dialogue about boob size and accusation of perversion

Well it only took three and a half minutes for me to drop the show.

• Yes see when I say "It's really really bad" I mean that it's bad.

And for reasons I don't understand, I watched the second episode of Aikatsu.

• Ai-katsu Ai-katsu Ai-katsu Ai-katsu~

• edited 2014-09-16 06:41:46

iDOLM@STER Glossolalia

The Humours of Haruhi Suzumiya

The Dyslexia of Suzuruhi Hamiya

Wolf's Rainchildren

The Girl Who Leapt Through Space-Time

Daily Lives Of Ouran High School Host Club Boys

Ghostory in the Shell

• edited 2014-09-16 07:49:26
    lah laah lah

The Girl Who Leapt Through Space-Time

The most amazing thing about this is crossover art of Makoto and Akiha doesn't exist.

Ghostory in the Shell