If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Animu/Mango General

Comments

• Destined for infinity or a miracle...
    Iie. Senpai.
  • Someone say JoJo? Because I too have been having it. And yesh, a fellow fan of Joseph! :D

• edited 2014-07-13 22:43:59

I get the impression that a lot of people really like Joseph. It's pretty cool how he manages to find so many ways to apply Hamon. Although that bit with two opposite charges neutralizing each other to help Suzi seemed odd. If it was effectively zero charge and didn't harm her, then how did it harm the parasite inside her?

Jaooooo wrote:

The first episode spilled a bunch about Subaru's past as if the show was afraid it would run out of time.

There's, um, a reason for that I think. I've no doubt you already know the spoiler, but it made the reveal very dramatically effective.

Not sure if I agree with making the later reveal dramatically effective, although I did reach there, but at least that one was handled more... naturally or something.

Consumed Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou. Despite the weak-ish start, I think it was one of the best shows of last season. The humor was something else and really took the spotlight. The writer really has a gift for it. Can't count how many times I laughed out loud while watching.

That's not to say that's the only good thing it has going for it. The romance isn't the main aspect but it's certainly there. It's never really pushed really hard much, but the times it is, ughhh my heart. The Makoto Shinkai-ish art direction really helped with that I think.

• If you liked the humour then I would recommend Love Lab if you've not seen it already. The source material is by the same mangaka and, while it doesn't look quite as nice, it shares its director with Minami-ke and Yuru Yuri.

It's pretty much the perfect comedy anime in my opinion~

I have actually! Up to about episode 8-9-ish, haven't seen the rest.

I have the bad habit of finishing about 3/4s of any series I might pick up good or bad, completely forgetting about it from anywhere to a week or a month, then finishing the last bit of it later on.

• edited 2014-07-15 07:44:35
    lah laah lah

Finally gotten round to watching every premiere this season I was going to.

Rankings:

Nozaki-kun > Aldnoah Zero > Space Dandy S2 (Really strong start) > Zankyou no Terror > Sailor Moon Crystal > Love Stage > Akame ga Kill > Illya S2 > Black Butler S3 > Hanayamata > Rail Wars > Glasslip > Majimoji > Tokyo Ghoul >  SAO II > Argevollen > Tokyo ESP

Nozaki-kun is really good and if you like fun you should be watching it yo.

I've dropped Rail Wars already. -____- It's not about trains guys. It really isn't. Also watched Blade Dance, don't really dig the art direction.

I think I'll only be watching Akame (since Majikoi), NotKoreWaZombieDesuKa, and maybe Tokyo ESP and Ghoul. Maybe Nozaki since you hold it in such high regard.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

Nozaki-kun is wonderful but I think Zankyou no Terror is teetering on greatness (the other side of the see-saw is "This is Higashi no Eden but with a sad boy and less enjoyable.").

LOVE STAGE!! is better than anything you put before it aside from Space Dandy (blind BONES support ho!) because it's the only other thing on that list I'm watching (that is good since Rurumo).

Also can anything really be worse than Rurumo aside from SAO? Especially a thing with a KOTOKO OP and a Misawa Sachika ED?

• I thoroughly accept I have bad taste for liking Rail Wars, but it'll take a few episodes yet for me to get sick of the Dark Train Master.

• "This is Higashi no Eden but with a sad boy and less enjoyable.").

I was going to snark at that and snark hard, but then I realized that the series (Not the movies, oh my god not the movies) was perfectly enjoyable, just not in absolutely any way satisfying.

In one episode Argevollen made me kind of interested in the setting, and then absolutely loathe the MC and the terrible annoying scientist girl. It's salvageable but I don't have really high hopes if that's what counts as a character introduction.

• Also, he's only the MC because the robot records the thought patterns of the first person to pilot it, and Jamie does not know how to reboot it or anything.

Watched Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance, against anything resembling my better judgement I'll continue watching it because I actually enjoyed it and it is actually a lot like Machine-doll wa Kizutsukanai.

Actually it basically is Makizu because protagonist has to participate in a battle tourney with his companion girl (who in this case is a sword and not a doll) while attending a prestigious school (he seriously even shows up with the same letter Raishin shows up with at the start of Makizu, same seal and everything). The only real difference is that the main harem member isn't his companion girl but another girl (also it has a harem to begin with).

I like how MF Bunko J is set on doing the same plot over and over, makes sure I'll enjoy their LN adaptations. Really all this show needs is a super manly dragon familliar (if not Charlotte as a whole but Ice girl looks like she might be Char).

OP promises the demon lord will show up soon, he is significantly secretly Archer from Fate/ .

don't really dig the art direction.

I actually didn't like it at first but it moves nicely and is actually pretty sometimes!

So is anybody still watching Captain Earth? Did that miraculously recover this week? (I stopped watching at 14).

For the longest time I thought it was some reboot of that old cartoon Captain Planet. Didn't exactly hear many good things about it so I skimped out on it. IS it good?

On Blade Dance, I enjoyed the MC, he was pretty cool. The art direction bothers me because (brace yourself) the eyes are too big.

• I still like Captain Earth but I'm a couple of episodes behind.

A friend who has fiercely defended it through the rougher parts says episode 15 is crazy in the best way. At the very least it's not quite as bad yet as the Star Driver lesbian arc and I managed to get through that.

I hate to say this of a BONES anime (as BONES is the closest I have to a religion) but there's no way Captain Earth will recover and be great at this point considering all the main characters it's trying to juggle (and Daichi just being the most perfect protagonist who is so perfect his Livlaster is more of a character than he is).

Say what you will about that arc of Star Driver, but at least the rest of the show was able to carry it well enough. Captain Earth barely feels like a single narrative aside from the plot.

• I'm not quite at the stage where I'm going to declare 'I'm watching for Akari' but I imagine that's how I'll defend myself when it's all over.

• edited 2014-07-15 11:18:54

There are probably still some shows I haven't gotten to watching yet, but my ranking for shows so far (mostly based on 1 episode since I haven't watched most episode 2s yet). Also, a couple of these shows are probably worse/better than I say they are, but I just don't care/do care for the genre so I'm less/more excited about them by default.

Good:

• Zankyou no Terror

• Barakamon

• Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun

• Free! Eternal Summer

Alright:

• Hanayamata

• Sabagebu!

• PriPara

• Yama no Susume

• ALDNOAH.ZERO

Bad:

• Shounen Hollywood

• Glasslip

• Bakumatsu Rock

• Ao Haru Ride

Very Bad:

• DRAMAtical Murder

• Re:_ Hamatora

• Tokyo Ghoul

• Futsuu no Joshikousei ga "Locodol" Yattemita.

• Rail Wars!

• Momo Kyun Sword

• Shirogane no Ishi Argevollen

The Worst:

• Jinsei

• Majimoji Rurumo

In particular, Glasslip and Ao Haru Ride could probably go up to "Alright" if I cared more for their genres (not that I actually even know what genre Glasslip is, other than "PA Works").

I'm still waiting on Minarai Diva (which I will probably like) and haven't yet watched Tokyo ESP (which I probably won't), but otherwise I think that's everything.

• edited 2014-07-15 11:42:37
    There is love everywhere, I already know

I'm just surprised there's a quality level below BakuRock.

I'm not quite at the stage where I'm going to declare 'I'm watching for Akari' but I imagine that's how I'll defend myself when it's all over.

Akari is, actually, not even just adorable and magical girl-ey the best but actual the best. She has conflict, she's capable and her dialogue and character are actually well thought out (mostly, there is that fanservice thing where she's pushing Hana and Daichi together). Plus she provides actual comic relief!

Also her parents are relevant to the story (I know Daichi's father is supposed to be but he's really, really not).

• edited 2014-07-17 00:38:41

I finished the first two parts of JoJo. Haven't been this excited with an anime since like, a long time ago.

Something weird about how

Spoiler:
    a guy who specialized in planning surprises won his toughest fight through luck, though. Kars could have killed him if the volcano didn't launch that hand at the right spot. Guess in the end it was surprising for him as well.

• edited 2014-07-20 10:33:46
    There is love everywhere, I already know

I know they can't say it's alcohol so they just didn't say it was anything at all (Actually it's possible that it's because he's an adult, still a plushtoy but he is an adult).

Admittedly, Kuma makes a bit more sense if he's a drunk (Maybe that's why he's almost proficient at sob stories).

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

^ What show did this happen in?

• PriPara, the anime adaptation of Takara Tomy's new card-based idol arcade game (like Aikatsu!, but I guess more like Pretty Rhythm since that was actually a Takara Tomy game).

• I surrender

Sabagebu's MC is the best. Possibly only second to SCRAMBLED EGGS guy.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Why are adolescents in schoolgirl outfits shooting each other in flashy wa--

--never mind it's anime

• They're in an airsoft club. The show is animated as if they're using real guns for comedy and because it looks more interesting.

It's nice to know we're on the same page Raichi.

• edited 2014-07-21 22:57:45

screenshot

So I'm several episodes into Stardust Crusaders.

Jotaro is... not very expressive, but it's not like he has very interesting thoughts that require fancy dialogue or anything.

The larger main cast kinda works for a longer and more episodic story, at least for now.

Dio's handled weirdly here. He's mostly in the shadow so far, even though it's already established that it's him. It kinda works for mood reasons, but rather pointless.

I take it ZA WARUDO is supposed to be a surprise? So far Dio's only Stand power shown is his version of Joseph's Hermit Purple, and in episode 5 it's mentioned that each person can only have one stand. But not long after that the witch with Dio alludes to him having a Stand that can defeat the Joestars, so I'm guessing that's a hint of some sort.

The action feels more brutal than beforel. Probably because most of the enemies don't have healing powers, and Jotaro doesn't burn away their bodies with his attacjs.

I've been holding out on Stardust Crusaders for a while. STAND PROUD's Visuals made up for the tamer song. Was their a new OP?