If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

This week in ink!

Comments

• I'm a damn twisted person
    You want thingness, wait until Frankenstein is fighting Bel Mammoth on Mars.
  • You can change. You can.

I love Seven Soldiers of Victory #0 because it never ever fails to cause that reaction.

• Action Comics #13, especially the backup story, was just... well, if you have a dog you'll really want to hold them, and if you don't you'll probably want to find one to hold. Krypto :')

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Anyone here follow IDW's Transformers comics? I've been reading More Than Meets The Eye lately. It's pretty much the only ongoing series I intend to read until its end.

• edited 2012-10-06 12:40:40
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

So, Comixology is having a sale on essential Green Arrow backstory issues that includes the first 11 issues of his team-up with Green Lantern in the 70s.

The weird thing is that after that, it jumps straight to 2007.

What the hell was Green Arrow doing for 35 years? Taking a nap?

Anyway, needless to say, since I liked the first issue of that, I'm buying all the issues that the sale covers.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

If the 2007 series is the Kevin Smith run don't read it.

Trust me. Just don't.

If Kevin Smith has written a comic, it's generally safe to avoid it.

If Kevin Smith is involved with anything it's generally safe to avoid it.

• Guardian Devil was okay.

So Action Comics 13 wasn't just the best comic of the week, but one of the best of the year.

If Kevin Smith is involved with anything it's generally safe to avoid it.

but he was in veronica mars

would you feel good telling someone to avoid veronica mars

• edited 2012-10-06 14:42:20
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^^^^^^I wasn't planning on it.

• edited 2012-10-06 14:43:23
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Cameos don't count. By that logic, Joss Whedon was involved in Veronica Mars.

^Good.

But seriously, Action Comics 13. My god, it was great.

I was being facetious.

• So Action Comics 13 wasn't just the best comic of the week, but one of the best of the year.

But seriously, Action Comics 13. My god, it was great.

It really was. I was so afraid for Krypto when he showed up covered in ice, but it all turned out okay in the end :') And then the backup had to go and be even more emotional.

Also, I blazed through Rucka's first 8 Punisher issues and Batwoman: Elegy. It's safe to say I liked them quite a bit. Especially his Punisher work and how he seamlessly integrates Frank Castle into the Marvel universe. Shame that he left. 

I think we can all agree that losing Rucka for Daniel Way is pretty damn tragic.

Wait

Daniel Way

Really?

well fuck everything that could ever be fucked

• edited 2012-10-06 16:00:00
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Even better, Punisher is part of the Tunderbolts now. -_-

On a side note, Atomic Robo is awesome and I should have been reading it much earlier.

I really don't mind Punisher being a Thunderbolt per se so much as the fact that they did it just for the sake of doing so rather than any character development that got him there. 

Punisher doesn't work being on a consistent team for me. I find the 'loner' archetype not as fitting for Batman or Wolverine, but Punisher works best as a one-man army.

• On a side note, Atomic Robo is awesome and I should have been reading it much earlier.

Everyone should have been reading Atomic Robo earlier, especially comic book fans.

Punisher works best as a one-man army.

Highlighted beautifully in Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe.

Punisher doesn't work being on a consistent team for me. I find the 'loner' archetype not as fitting for Batman or Wolverine, but Punisher works best as a one-man army.

Well, yes. And if Rucka's run proved anything is that the Punisher is a force of nature. 

But I mean, I don't think there's really a substantial reason why Frank can't be in a superteam per se. He's a loner and all that, but he's also someone who's driven by a goal and who's willing to forsake his loneliness in the name of that goal, however unreachable it is for him. 

With all that said, the best Punisher stories are the ones where he's shown to be different from the superheroes and even the rest of the anti-heroes that populate the Marvel Universe rather than the ones where he's considered to be an equal to them. 

Punisher's superpowers are counter-terrorism tactics and the fact that he just acts more practically than half the Marvel universe.

• Speaking of whom, Space Punisher is pretty rad.

• Nothing about those two images makes me want to read Space: Punisher.

And I usually love wacky stuff.

Seems like they are channeling a bit of 2000AD more than anything. 

• I said Space Punisher was awesome didn't I? I did.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

So, I just read this chapter. (I read it on 4Chan, so I don't really know what the issue number or anything is, sorry.)

I'm... not really sure what to think about this chapter, honestly. It's a decent enough chapter, sure, but the reinterpretation of the character is just too... grim-dark, I guess. I mean, electro-torture training? Watching videos of serial killers with their victims? Blah.

• To be fair, the Bat-Family has always been dark. Even at its brightest (which I believe is Grant Morrison's Batman and Robin), there was always overt tones of brutality, ugliness, and cruelty (exemplified in Morrison bizarreness in the form of Professor Pyg).