If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

This week in ink!

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

In fairness, I've been reading comics for under six months.

Still, though, it's better than a generic "is a super ninja badass."

• You can change. You can.

True, but still.

Shilo Norman was the best and he shalt be missed. 

And really, read Seven Soldiers when you can. It's good stuff.

Comixology needs a wishlist feature so I can keep track of all this.

waitaminute

Comixology has a wishlist

how the hell did I miss that for this long?

http://www.comixology.com/JLA-Justice-League-International/comics-story-arc/865 <-- Then save this for later. You'll thank me forever.

Will do.

Also want to add Seven Soldiers, but I can't even begin to figure out the reading order there, since it appears to be multiple series.

Seven Soldiers must be read like this (Note that whenever I list a series, it means that it would be preferable to just read the whole mini first and then move onto the next one):

1: Seven Soldiers of Victory #0

2: Shining Knight

3: Guardian 

4: Zatanna

5: Klarion The Witch-Boy

6: Mr Miracle

7: Bulleteer

8: Frankenstein!

9: Seven Soldiers of Victory #1

• Also; Invincible. Everyone and their dog should read Invincible.

• I tried Invincible.

I didn't like it.

Invincible really drags on, to tell you the truth. It's pretty much The Walking Dead in terms of dragging. 

Then again, people like the Walking Dead so what do i know

52 week 5: Reading Gotham Central reminded me to read 52. So...another good issue (though it's a little weird to see Buddy Baker watch Starfire bathe) but...does someone want to explain what Alan Scott is doing in the main DCU? I thought he was strictly an alternate universe deal.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Justice League Dark Book Where if You Watch Really Closely You Can See The Moment Zatanna’s Soul is Snapped Like a Twix Bar

I misread that as "shaped like a Twix bar" and went "wait, what?"

• edited 2012-09-28 00:59:16
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

It's why John Constantine wants to get to her creamy nougat center. 

...I...

I'm sorry.

That said I think Action Comics, JLD, and Batman Inc. were the best issue 0s.

I'm not following Action Comics and Batman Inc. right now, but I'll agree on JLD.

That said, Amethyst and Talon were pretty good issue 1s that happened to be labeled as issue 0s.

52 weeks 6-10: I think the best way to summarize my opinion of 52 is that I can't figure out which story arc is my favorite. Booster Gold's is really interesting, and features Clark Kent's awesome interview-getting skills, but on the other hand, there's an arc that has both Buddy Baker and Starfire (back when Starfire didn't suck), which is pretty nice. And then there's the ongoing recap of everything that happened in the DCU ever, which is very nice, especially since I'm still fairly new to comics.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Amethyst had two pages that really knocked it down in my opinion, though.

Yeah, the rape was pretty WTF. But if the series avoids doing that sort of thing again, I think it will be worth following.

does someone want to explain what Alan Scott is doing in the main DCU? I thought he was strictly an alternate universe deal.

Nah, that's just a New 52 deal.

Basically:

Before Crisis On Infinite Earths: Alan Scott and the rest of the JSA existed in an alt-universe.

Post-Crisis: Their universe is integrated with the JLA's.

Post-Flashpoint: Their universe is separated again because of reasons.

• edited 2012-09-28 10:22:26
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Oh...

So for a few decades there, Alan Scott was a Green Lantern that had nothing to do with those other Green Lanterns with the same powerset but different weaknesses?

Comics are weird.

• Well before the New 52 the Guardians of the Universe centuries ago confined almost all magic and growing force in the universe into a single crystalline prison called the Starheart, which Alan Scott centuries later forged into his ring, so yeah. They were connected.

Oh, that makes sense.

Man, I've read comics for years and I don't think I would describe that as sensical. :p

• edited 2012-09-30 21:48:31
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Ooh, hey, Crisis on Infinite Earths #1 is free.

So, an extremely powerful female superhero is going around forming a team of various superpowered individuals in order to stop a world-destroying enemy. At one point, she brainwashes someone into falling in love. There's a lot more plot crammed into the issue than in most modern comics. Did I just describe Crisis on Infinite Earths #1, or New Teen Titans #1? Either way, good read.

Animal Man/Swamp Thing #13: Damn. Just...damn. This is an awesome arc/event. DC, I forgive you for the shitty zero issues...mostly. Just don't do it again >:/

Man, I kinda want to see AvX just to be entirely amused by the entire mess

• Meh, it wasn't THAT bad. The only problem, really is Marvel's insistence that the Avengers are in the right when they really, really aren't.

So...basically, Civil War again?

^^ I dunno. Taking a minority and having them slave the world seems like the sort of blind and unaware work that just tells you to FEAR THE DOWNTRODDEN like a certain movie about rich boys rising outta prison

^ To be fair, Civil War doesn't really have the Avengers be in the right or wrong. Mostly because Civil War happens after Disassembled.

^Well, yeah, but I didn't mean the Avengers specifically so much as the whole "having one side act like villains the whole time then declare them to be the heroes" thing.

Seven Soldiers of Victory #0:

Well, that was definitely a thing.