If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

>It's pretty racist in itself to assume latinos can't be white.

If I remember my studies of literature correctly Brazil is actually predominantly Caucasian. (inb4 people start going on the racist history of the term caucasian)

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

i ain't from caucas

• On a counterpoint, I've never really liked science fiction trappings because it seemed so cold, impersonal, and antithetical to the optimistic spirit of exploration and enlightenment that early scientifiction founders like Jules Verne espoused.

Yes, I am aware that these are just my prejudices talking. Yes, there are many science fiction stories I love. But without the themes of religion, family, stories, or crime, scientifiction seems to my mind to be sterile wankings of utopia, dystopia, physics, and which civilization can build the biggest, shiniest, and tallest cities.
  • edited 2012-08-06 07:53:03
    (void)

The term "Caucasian" for white people comes from some pseudoscience about white people coming from the Caucasus.

And Alkthash, the answer to "Convince $PERSON to watch RahXephon" is always y.

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

The dude who came up with the word "Caucasian" only used that word in place of "Georgian" because he was an American and didn't want people to confuse it with the state of Georgia.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

It is pretty funny science-fiction has become so heavily romantic. It's an irony I've always enjoyed.

• edited 2012-08-06 09:29:36
    You can change. You can.

Bane's actually white. He was just locked in a South American prison as a child.

From what I have seen of the character's skin tone, I wouldn't really say he's white.

It's pretty racist in itself to assume latinos can't be white. 

I wouldn't entirely mind if Bane's past was ever alluded to in any shape beyond "He was in the League of Shadows and he was also in a prison"

RE: Genre talk: I find it sorta silly to have any bias when it comes to those. Mostly because they are fake restrictions at worst and hardly ever really relevant at best.

• Mostly because they are fake restrictions at worst and hardly ever really relevant at best.

If people write their stories with the intent of fitting into a particular genre though (which they do), then they're hardly "fake" restrictions, right?  Well, yes, people don't actually need to be restricted by them, but they often are anyway.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

On my LJ, I've started posting a series on "Ways Poor People Get Screwed".

• You can change. You can.

Well I mean there's no real reason why a story has to fit within a genre. The writer himself has to set these restrictions up and even then these restrictions come from a general perception of a group of works and as such they aren't entirely necessary for a work to belong with them. A western doesn't have to be set on America during the post-Civil War to be a western for instance.

Also, the more I read the Ask Chris columns, the more I think Malk’s secretly Chris Sims.

• edited 2012-08-06 12:53:47
    There is love everywhere, I already know

^^I was just reading that...

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

^^ One idea I like is a Renaissance fantasy sci-fi, which retreads the road of robot sapience, but where necromancy is used to power clockwork robots instead of software and electricity. I mean, it's certainly fantasy, but it also falls directly into science-fiction themes and patterns, too. 

and then the robots fight a dragon

• >fanfiction.net update in mail

>wait, did I have an account there?

>relocate unfinished trollfic

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5770457/1/Johnny_Bravo_Gets_The_Girls

Work on it further y/n?

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

If people write their stories with the intent of fitting into a particular genre though (which they do), then they're hardly "fake" restrictions, right?

But, see, there are genre traits, and then there are things that aren't genre traits that every work in that genre uses anyway. For example, "fantasy" means something not intended to be set in the real world. In practice, though, almost all of it consists of Tolkien ripoffs.

• So, they're releasing ALL the God of War games on one disc.

• Quick question, how many people has comic book Bane killed?

• They're somethin' else.

Watched TDKR last night.

At first, I was weirded out by Bane's goofy voice, but then it grew on me.

• Yeah, it definitely got less weird by the end and ended up working pretty well.

• I'm a damn twisted person

Ninjaclown - that's a really hard question to answer, because a lot of Bane's life, working as a mercenary and growing up in the worst prison in the world, times where he probably did kill quite a few people, happened off screen.

Also, you know what is fun? Replanting a cactus.

• They're somethin' else.

Nopal is god tier.

• No rainbow star
    Been stuck in bathroom. Thought about what I have eaten recently

How did I not consider that Frozen Yogurt would lack the bacteria that makes it possible for me to eat Yogurt? I am a complete moron x.x
  • edited 2012-08-06 21:37:12

• Holy cow, Ron Jeremy can do a good creepyface(NSFW):

• After filling out my state primary ballot, I've come to the realization that I will vote for pretty much any Democrat. 

• edited 2012-08-06 23:08:04
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I'm willing to vote for a Republican, but that depends on the candidate and the political situation.

Unfortunately, the Republicans have been failing miserably at offering me a candidate I want to vote for in a political situation where I'd want to vote for them.

• edited 2012-08-07 03:42:13
    There is love everywhere, I already know

Nevermind, it's fake.

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
  • Has friends besides tanks now

Finally finished my summer assignment. And with a whopping fifteen days to spare!

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Finally registered to vote and applied for an absentee ballot.
  • Has friends besides tanks now

By the way, your current signature is pretty hilarious with your current avatar.