If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

i ban u

• edited 2012-08-04 23:56:05
    You can change. You can.

that was what i was hearing the whole time.

ETA: The Gilwood impersonation. but watch the whole vid because it's kevin spacey being awesome

• Bane's voice sounded like a bizarre mixture of Darth Vader and Sean Connery with cotton balls stuck in his mouth.
  • If you think about it, his voice makes more sense when you realize he's a pony.

As for Talia's ethnicity, it seems like after casting Neeson as Ras it was already decided. I guess she could've been half-Arabic though. Bane could've still been Latino, since he wasn't a luchador or a druggie in this version the stereotypical parts wouldn't have been present.
  • a little muffled

As for Talia's ethnicity, it seems like after casting Neeson as Ras it was already decided. I guess she could've been half-Arabic though.
    Well presumably her mother was from...Morocco or wherever it was that prison was meant to be.

• You can change. You can.

Bane could've still been Latino, since he wasn't a luchador or a druggie in this version the stereotypical parts wouldn't have been present.

hmm. true. I forgot entirely they changed all that actuallly. 

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

I went to watch Batman and ended up watching Spider-man today. Huh.

• I'm a damn twisted person

Am I the only one who expected Bane to go "Oh ho ho ho, you are so silly Batman!" when Batman threw the smoke grenade at him? I mean he basically did say that, just with big words and stuff, but seriously hearing Bane say silly as smack talk would have been great.

ANd I finished the first season of the Avenger's cartoon. I have to say it was fuckawesome and everything I wanted in an Avenger's cartoon, doing it's own thing and making nods to the Marvel U proper in equal measure. Thor Telling Ultron they would have words with him made me fistpump in joy. One thing that threw me off was that they changed MODOK(Machine Designed Only For Killing) to MODOC(Machine Designed Only for Conquest) for the sake of it being a kid's show, but were perfectly fine showing that Loki is going to have poison dripped into his eyes for the foreseeable future. 

Am I the only one who expected Bane to go "Oh ho ho ho, you are so silly Batman!" when Batman threw the smoke grenade at him? I mean he basically did say that, just with big words and stuff, but seriously hearing Bane say silly as smack talk would have been great.

I was expecting stuff like "Batlad" but that works too.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

The second season has been of my liking so far, they even animated Beta Ray Bill's origin story!

• No rainbow star

Cute. Overload. Gah x.x

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

I got in trouble at work for greeting customers in my impersonation of Tom Hardy's Bane.

• Has friends besides tanks now

^^ I shouldn't have laughed at this, but I totally did.

The 2nd season appeals to me because of the aforementioned Beta Ray Bill(he is so comicsy it is brilliant) and the fact that there is Spider-man quipping and Ms. Marvel punching things. And we all need Carol Danvers punching more things.

The second season's good but it lacks the same sense of cohesion and scalation the first season had.

The sense of cohesion was there, but it had a ducks in a row feel to it. Oh here we go here are all the plot points and the lynchpin explanation that links them all together.

Yeah, but the ending was a lot more satisfying than Galactus just showing up for one episode.

I dunno. In season 1 you had almost every plotline be relevant some point later down the line. 

Pym creates Ultron, The Avengers turn Ultron into an army and then Ultron becomes evil. 

And that's interlaced with Amora's and Loki's plans while foreshadowing the Kang three parter and keeping the breakout plotline alive for most of the season. 

And HYDRA too. 

And the best part is that you don't feel it. The show jumps through all these plotlines as if it were the most natural thing on Earth and it never really falters in terms of accompliishing the big plot it wants to do. It's really great stuff you don't get to see outside of shows like Lost or The Wire.

but season 2 was just introducing lots and lots of cool things per episode while using the secret invasion plot line as the only plot thread to follow*. Admittedly there are some other things added to it, but they go away by the time the credits for the particular episode where they are introduced roll.

*and the skrull/kree war but that doesn't really last long. 

I will say, I like how compressed Season 2 was. A lot happened and it didn't feel rushed.

I'd say that by the end, season 2 was pretty darn rushed. And the ending doesn't really feel like the Avengers saving the world so much as "The supporting cast saving the world".

There were also a lot of plot lines that weren't really revisited like Surtur or Yellowjacket or Scott Lang and that was kinda sad considering that the thing that the show used to do really well was continuity without it making you feel left out

on the other hand season 2 has carol punching things

...i guess that's convincing enough

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

>Carol punching things

I should watch this.

Also, CU what are your thoughts on the ship-teasing between Captain Marvel and Spider-man?

And when are you going to start reading Amazing Spider-man like the rest of us?

• No rainbow star

^ I don't read it :|

I meant comics chatter folk. So me, Malk, ClockworkUniverse, Juan and occasionally Kraken, Nova and The Conductor. 

Which isn't to say he shouldn't be reading it of course.

• If you're short on time skip to the 5 minute mark. Spoilers, I suppose.

• edited 2012-08-05 08:55:50
    There is love everywhere, I already know

It felt like watching every fight scene in Super Sentai in fast-forward as interpreted by blind monkeys. With some... homoeroticism, I guess?

I loved every second.

• Definitely not gay.

I know I'm going to Hell for this, but has anyone else written shitty self-insert fantasy fiction?

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Under a thin veil, but the character ends up being their own character every time anyway. Not that I ever get past a few pages before "lol fuck this". But at that stage, the character is often different already.

I suppose I am simply incapable of writing a self-insert, boo hoo and all that.