If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• You can change. You can.

clock gets it

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

rain is awesome

also, i'm having too much fun making these stupid pictures

forzare

can i marry you

it'd be a perfectly straight marriage

we'd just live together, watch movies and throw piss balloons at happy couples

• IJBM: Generalizations of the weather in Washington state. Eastern Washington's weather can go fuck itself. It gets way too hot in the summer and it needs more rain. 

• edited 2012-06-30 22:09:01
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

^^ sure why not

also, the one i just now posted is my new favorite

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

At the honourable Malk's recommendation, I'm currently watching a film called Ironclad. It's been described as "Seven Samurai with Templars", which is sort of true so far. In actual fact, there's one Templar, a baron, some mercenaries and assorted men-at-arms on the team, which I find preferable, because it allows their different approaches and ideologies to bounce off one-another. This isn't as good as Seven Samurai nor did I expect it to be, but so far, it's been legitimately entertaining. There's nothing really bad about this film, but it's not some great work of art, either. If you like medieval stuff, then this is probably worth a DVD rental/purchase and the time required to watch it. 

On a more shallow level, it bothers me that it's currently popular for action sequences to be comprised of many short cuts rather than a smaller sample of longer, flowing sequences. When you have so many small cuts, it just makes me think that the fight choreographers, actors and stuntmen weren't up to snuff with what was required of them, as that style of action cutting is a huge "equaliser" -- it erases both technical flaws and triumphs in combat sequences, but why would anyone remove the latter? While it often delivers a good sense of impact and chaos, it's not appropriate all the time. The biggest issue here, narratively, is that Templars are meant to be exceptional swordsmen as compared to any era, but all we get here is chaos. That's kind of the thing about a great fighter; they're often the calm in the eye of the storm, with great control and fluidity. Obviously, training an actor to Templar standard is not practical, but I'm sure they can do better than this. 

With that in mind, I'll take "chaotic practicality" over "fluid bullshit" any day of the week. It's just a shame that so many professional choreographers and directors don't know how to deal with this kind of thing. Especially since the movie being ripped from here has one particularly outstanding example of swordwork, plus a variety of less impressive but well shot runners-up. 

• edited 2012-06-30 23:40:05
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

15 posts, 78 followers, and a few reblogs

not bad for a first day

I'm gonna try to go sleep soon though.  Night IJBM.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Was the site down for everyone just then?

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Yes.

You'd know this already if you went on #ijbm >:/

I should actually do that sometimes.

We're planning to discuss the project in real time more often there, so you should consider it.

plus i'm there 

that's always a plus

right?

• edited 2012-07-01 01:07:22
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

You really probably should. Project chatter in real-time, too! Or closer to real-time than PM's, anyway.

^ duuude stop convincing him to stay away

In that case I'll definitely show up there sometimes.

duuude stop convincing him to stay away

you're just jelly that i'm me

• No rainbow star
    I just realized that my fear of death and fear of the dark are actually due to an underlying fear of nothing

As in literal nothingness

Also wondering if it connects to self esteem issues I seem to have...
  • New much needed phone, replacing this one I received second hand something like 5 years ago. I'll miss it. On the other hand, colour screen.

• But you never had any to begin with.

I wasn't talking about torrents as a whole, but the Pirate Bay specifically, which is dedicated to illegal ones.

Er... no it isn't. Hell, they semi-frequently advertise legal torrents on their front page.

• Has friends besides tanks now
    We just had our dachshund put down today. Considering his various health problems and old age, this is no longer surprising, but it's gonna be weird without him around. To say nothing about how the chihuahua will handle it, his nerves are already pretty bad. We'll bury him once my parents get back from the hospital.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Just sending applications around the country now. The further away the better.
  • Definitely not gay.

...dogs

I'm scared of dogs.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I'm really sorry, Everest. I know exactly how you feel, and it sucks.
  • if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Go, Spain, rip those frogs to shreds! >:D

• a little muffled

Condolences, Everest. We had a cat put down a couple months ago (I believe I made a thread about it) and it was pretty awful.

• Likes cheesecake unironically.

Yeah, IJBM doesn't exactly keep around known pedophiles.

Really? I had quite a different impression.

• Nyarly: Come on, we've only ever had two max at a time, three overall. It's not that bad.

Also, I wrote a shitty poem if anyone would like to look at it and laugh me. (Poetry isn't my forte)

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

It ain't bad, I like it.

@nohaynicklibre Kiss your entire family for me! 4:0. 4:0.

4:0

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

Happy for ya nick but Fernando Torres is the least-deserving Golden Boot winner ever. 

Really? I had quite a different impression.

(thank you for saying this)

• Really? I had quite a different impression.

How so?

• Kichigai birthday!!

4:0? Damn, that's though for the poor Italians. I stopped watching to play Smash Bros when they were 2:0.

Anyway I'm not as pletoric as some of my compatriots but it feels nice that our country is good at something.

• edited 2013-02-15 07:39:54
    Diet NEET

Oh, this is one of those meta moments where meatspace and cyberspace mesh really well. Since I love talking about what I've been up to, prepare for contextless details.

The Metropolis Festival in Rotterdam today was rain, more rain, meh bands, bend glasses, a defective lightbulb with no way of knowing whether or not you actually have the switch on so you can't replace it, finding out the gal you've sorted of had your eye on is actually a skeleton once she puts on summer clothing, the message that Monday morning will including some fuckearly sand cleaning because they really want to repaint the frat building on the first day of the summer break and all this shit on three hours of sleep, so I'm cranky.

Saturday night I went to Deshima Sounds in the Hague. Free pregaming at a b-day beforehand, an awful dubstep edit of the Skyrim trailer song, remixes of the Nico Nico Douga medley, even a track by Moonbug and a big screen to which you could text for setting some anons into a spergfit by pretending to be a Redditor. In other words, the opposite of today, fun.

Enter the known pedo. He's short, has bad teeth and his hair looks like a shoebrush which fell into a paintcan. The bro was in the same classes during my first year of English Language and Culture after he failed Japanese Language and Culture(lord knows how many of those English gets), in which we happily chatted away about animu and mango. During the first KnJ shitstorms, he pronounced the now-all-too-familiar it's-actually-deep-and-philosophical argument and I sorta bought it. He failed English too, predictably(and actually has started doing Japanese Language and Culture again this year, so he's been dicking around doing fuckall for 4 years or so), and dropped of the radar. I still had the bro on Messenger, and in his user title he had a link to his blog, which was devoted to convention pics and merch he obtained. I clicked on it out of boredom once, and the newest addition was a Zero no Tsukaima body pillow he had his aunt make with the caption "oh my lovely Tabitha". Running his username through Google out of morbid curiosity once, I stumbled upon this gem: http://www.dannychoo.com/profile/en/gunstinger/ (not safe for the weeaboo allergic) "What your ideal age?" "12-16, if she's a few years older mentally". Holland has pedobros who try to organize a political party, so this shit doesn't really faze me, and it was more schadenfreudian than anything else.

Back to Saturday eve: the gunstinger guy is at this occassion, and at a certain point a text on the screen reads "loli hunter squad report". Now, there be some shrill uguukawaiidesune harpies at this event who are probably not legal yet. Not sure if the text was his, how serious it was or whether his autismal self would even have the guts to make a move on anything female, but just to be safe I text "keep the pedobear in your pants, ". Bro reads it, expression on his face turns sour, stays in corner for rest of the eve.

Yes, this is not constructive or educating, nor does it make a staunch moral statement. And this is where meatspace and cyberspace come together: these pedotaku peeps, to borrow a word from those boring crusaders, are such socially clueless flap-outs that the notion of them going out and seducing minors is laughable(yes, the instances where it actually does happen aren't hilarious). They may be kept around out of a misguided notion of pity, but that this is the same as tolerance when they're used as virtual punching bags at every opportunity is silly. This passive-aggressive oh-the-humanity tripe aims its arrows at bros who where scolding the pedo-peeps at every turn. Besides, whether the criticizing crowd played it softball or hardball, it's a helluvalot more effective than a quickban followed by said person seeking out an echo-chamber site.

teal deer: Read the last paragraph, you lazy gits