If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Has friends besides tanks now

For some reason I'm really exhausted today. Thankfully, today's shift is only two hours. But it's when rec camp kids come in, so . . .

• No rainbow star
    Does it bug anyone else when somebody who is completely wrong for a cosplay cosplays as said character anyways?

For example, I saw a picture of somebody with a thicker body and round face (and no attempt to wear contacts instead of glasses) cosplaying as N. Sure, hair can be kind of excused (who the hell has hair that long that is naturally green?), but they didn't even try a wig and instead used their short, black hair
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Yes, though there are exceptions when it's really obviously meant as a joke.

• edited 2012-07-02 23:11:34
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

So pretty much the only videos on Youtube of the first season of Higurashi are of the dub.

I know I rag on the dub a lot, so I'll grant that Mion and Rena and Satoko are... okay, but this is kind of making me want to track down whoever voiced Rika and Keiichi and punch them in the mouth.

• edited 2012-07-02 23:12:50
    Has friends besides tanks now

Yes, though there are exceptions when it's really obviously meant as a joke.

Same. I only go as characters to whom I bear some sort of resemblance, except for hair, because a wig can solve that.

• No rainbow star
    ^ Only one I think I might have a chance pulling off is Giovanni, but I'd need to first get fit, fix my acne, get the right haircut (at least I have the right hairline), and even then my jawline may be off
  • edited 2012-07-02 23:58:48
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I can cosplay Shinji Ikari very easily. :P

Anyway, I just recorded this: http://vocaroo.com/i/s05CQTd8ks2l

I came up with that.  Just a quick doodle.

Recording quality sucks.  Yes.  I know.  I was using my computer's built-in microphone.  Should I have been less lazy and plugged in this USB mike?  Maybe.  Whatever.

• Has friends besides tanks now

Only one I think I might have a chance pulling off is Giovanni, but I'd need to first get fit, fix my acne, get the right haircut (at least I have the right hairline), and even then my jawline may be off

That seems a bit much, actually. You don't have to be right on the money.

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

It seems that Magic Mike has provoked a discussion about the double standard regarding male objectification, and by "discussion" I mean "impotent rage"

• The holy hell is that?
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Movie about men dancing and getting naked. It's pron basically.

Didn't seem like that from the trailer...

• edited 2012-07-03 03:10:06
    Has friends besides tanks now

Going by the trailers I've seen, I have little idea what to make of it. It could do any number of different things. But going by what you're all saying, I guess it won't.

• edited 2012-07-03 03:09:12

^^ I thought that was obvious from the trailer, really. I'm more surprised such a film exists.

• MrWMrW
    edited 2012-07-03 03:11:51

It's also apparently auto-biographical, since Channing Tatum was a male stripper. Or so I heard.

^Ever heard of The Full Monty?

I read an interview with A.V. Club where he said the only thing it really has in common with his life is it's about a  male stripper with a sister.

• edited 2012-07-03 03:16:37

^^ I should have specified that I wouldn't expect it from an American studio and for it to be so heavily advertised on TV. And that this film would be funnier if Channing was replaced with Mark Addy.

• Kichigai birthday!!

You know what I'm going to do.

I'm going to go to a random number generator and generate a number between 1 and 10869.

And then go to the thread with that number and bump it.

As an experiment.

(This is not against the rules isn't it? Please respond)

I'd say no. Though I hope it won't be a shitty thread.

IJBM: I'm still impatient for The Doors of Stone to come out, even though it will probably be three more years T_T

• Didn't the last book come out a year ago?

• edited 2012-07-03 03:41:37
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Yes. And the one before that came out in 2007, and he'd apparently been working on that one for over a decade.

• You know nothing, non-ASOIAF fan.

I do read ASOIAF. Though I'm only on book 3.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Hey, at least your author didn't die partway through writing your series :<

• Even dead, Jordan pushes his novels out faster than GRRM.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I think that should say something about GRRM.

When a dead person can write faster than you can, something's up.

So...does that mean GRRM is a zombie?

• Dead people don't have to stop to eat or anything, though. Why do you think ghost writers are so popular?