If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Related, Alex: Bruce said the Philadelphia concert was the hottest he ever had there.

Not quite a badge of pride, but it was pretty awesome to see him take off his sweat-soaked shirt and flick the sweat off at the crowd with the comment. 'It's fine. The catholic church does it all the time!'

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I think I've heard good things about her solo series (Specifically the second volume by Brian Reed)

I'll take a look at that whenever Comixology gets working.

• You can change. You can.

Alex:

• edited 2012-06-30 01:06:07
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Man, when they played Two Minutes To Midnight I lost my shit. It was just such an amazing experience. It is almost like an upper drug with that band.

Also, with this avatar I have now headcanoned that Yui is a huge Maiden fan and will later learn their songs from Sawa-chan.

Also my opener was Moonchild which followed into the Prisoner and telling my uncle about the Prisoner song might get him into Maiden because he's a huge Prisoner fan.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

If people are going to be passive-aggressive around me, I wish they'd be less... aggressively passive-aggressive.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

ITT: Nova describes how I feel about my father.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

IJBM: Documentaries about the katana. 

So full of misinformation, they don't stop at Japanese swords; they have to get Western swords involved, too. I guess I simply never noticed that my style was based on brute strength, despite the extensive amount of effort I've put into getting my cut angles correct and ensuring my movements are efficient as my experience level can manage. 

And you guys know I'm always up for giving historical warrior classes a bit of credit, given the greatness and humanity of their paragon influences, but there's a certain amount of romanticisation that makes even me scoff. This documentary claimed that a samurai never willingly parted from their katana, despite the fact that there's plenty of historical examples of samurai selling them. Not for things like the bare essentials of food and shelter, but booze money. I mean, sure, the standards to which a historical warrior class aspired are very important, but there's also such a thing as academic honesty. If I were to make a documentary about knights, you could sure as hell I'd be covering the cruel and dishonest ones alongside the best examples. 

Obviously, it's silly that I've become so frustrated concerning a History Channel documentary, but there must be half a dozen katana or samurai documentaries that present the best case scenario as common occurrence while also diving right into blatant misinformation. You'd think professionals could do better. 

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Ha, wait until you watch documentaries covering lit-crit.

• edited 2012-06-30 06:30:40

Having a new glass eye fitted today, which basically means sitting around for hours while (what I believe is) wax sits in my face making a mold of my eye cavity. So I'm going to play Sonic Generations again to try and not focus on it.

• edited 2012-06-30 08:48:24

Also, with this avatar I have now headcanoned that Yui is a huge Maiden fan and will later learn their songs from Sawa-chan.

Yui is officially not really a fan of any music in particular, according to her profile that came with the Japanese BDs for season 1, but she does like listening to whatever so she probably wouldn't mind Iron Maiden.  Still not entirely impossible that Sawako would teach her Maiden songs though.

• Okay, I'm going to bed.

Flying home in the morning. Bye. 

• There is love everywhere, I already know

Has anybody ever seen a movie called Serious Moonlight?

It's about a man who cheats on his wife and confesses to her. She decides the bets course of action is to tie him up in their bathroom and organize a robbery where she pretends to get badly hurt/die. Her husband's girlfriend comes over, they discuss the situation with her and he stays with his wife.

Apparently, all relationships work if you're freaking insane you put a decent amount of work into them.

• edited 2012-06-30 11:11:15

I guess the moral of the story is never cheat.

• You can change. You can.

Has anybody ever seen a movie called Serious Moonlight?

is this somehow related to david bowie

Flying home in the morning. Bye.

kraken confirms his superman-ness

• No rainbow star
    Wait, TheConductor has a glass eye?
  • Yep. He posted a pic in which it was visible too, ages ago.

Party was super. "Hey princess, wanna go to another castle?" is still the best lame line ever, it had precisely the right amount of drama and we had Smash Bros Brawl hooked up to a big screen(though I can't play for shit with a Wiimote).

• edited 2012-06-30 15:07:47
    Has friends besides tanks now

So, the guy who's been asked to upgrade my computer didn't pick it up until yesterday, so I'll be posting from the PS3 and iPhone until Monday, at least.

EDIT: Never mind, Mom's letting me borrow her computer. But she had yet to upgrade to anything besides IE, and I have no clue how she put up with it. So I did her a favor and downloaded Chrome.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    guys guys

should I start a texts from hinamizawa tumblr blog y/n

DO IT

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    Can't view. That site's attempts to optimize for mobile have made it impossible for me to view it at all.
  • I'm a damn twisted person

Short version: Starting tomorrow, the big ISP providers in the US have basically agreed to be the blunt force club of media industries and are now spying on everybody. Ideally in concerns to pirating copyrighted material and throttling people's bandwidth until they agree that "piracy is bad, mm'kay" and cutting it off completely after so many strikes.

Hopefully there will be another protest blackout like with SOPA to convince people this is a bad idea. 

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    welp

so much for texts from hinamizawa
    Doesn't sound as bad as sopa. A lot depends on the details of its implementation.

I kinda wonder what made the ISPs think it would help them to take on the massive costs of spying on everybody and the PR shit storm when people notice it?

• edited 2012-06-30 18:27:39
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    You do realize that they already have all that data, right? All they'd do differently is flag your account if you download from the pirate bay or whatever.

Yeah yeah. The PR shit storm still stands.

so much for texts from hinamizawa

That would be fair use, both due to being a parody and due to consisting of a very small portion of the work.

Yeah yeah. The PR shit storm still stands.

Why? I mean, they aren't hiring people to physically look at your history or anything. I mean, if they go crazy and define piracy as, say, looking at a videogame screenshot, that would be a problem, but...I don't think they have the funds to flag all the screenshots on the internet, so I'd call that extremely unlikely. I really doubt it'll be much more than "if you're downloading from the pirate bay, that's illegal." And...well, it kinda is.

That's the worry there really. If they decide harmless exposure to copywrighted things is enough to kick in these policies. 

But how would they do that? I mean, they can't just automatically know if you're looking at a videogame screenshot, unless they hire around a hundred thousand people just to look at everything anyone ever looks at online.