If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• You can change. You can.

I was 13, OK?

Out. Of. Sight. 

• Definitely not gay.

Anyways, I watched some of the Avengers episodes.

I'm currently on the Black Panther one. It's fun seeing Iron Man and Black Panther talk about whose tech is superior and stuff.

• Kichigai birthday!!

Just started watching Akibaranger.

It's fun

• No rainbow star
    Alkthash: Alright, that makes sense
  • Has friends besides tanks now

Making use of my free Netflix trial by starting dat Ouran High School Host Club show I've heard so much about. My biggest complaint with the service as a whole, so far, is that they use dubs, but whatcha gonna do?

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Well, more people want to watch dubs than subs. Though the internet makes that easy to forget.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Provided the dub is good, I tend to prefer dubs.

Pretty much what Malk said.

although i do make it a point to watch both if possible.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Provided the dub is good, I tend to prefer dubs.

Though, if I come across the sub first I'll stick with that.

Or if the original has NORIO WAKOMOTO in it.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

I tend to automatically gravitate towards subs these days, although I guess it's because I'm generally used to watching prominent anime before their Western release. It's arguably a shame, though, because I could very well miss out on some excellent dubs -- the Hellsing dub is one that strikes me as being superior to the Japanese version, and NGE isn't the same without the English voices, at least to me. 

• Wakamoto is a boss.

I liked NGE's original voice acting a lot more than the English version, but the english one still had a certain charm to it.

• edited 2012-05-11 14:29:44
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

I find the Cowboy Bebop, Hellsing, and GiTS dubs all superior to the original. CB is also the only time I didn't like Wakamoto in a role (as Vicious. Not hammy enough)

On a tangential note, y'all note about the moe-nyarlathotep anime?

Anybody else think they missed a golden opportunity to name it Ah My Elder Goddess! ?

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    Anybody else think they missed a golden opportunity to name it Ah My Elder Goddess! ?

If by "golden opportunity", you mean "chance to cause an epidemic of hand-induced head trauma", then yes.

• edited 2012-05-11 14:40:14
    Has friends besides tanks now

For what it's worth, Ouran doesn't . . . well, actually, Caitlin Glass is pretty good as Haruhi, and Luci Christian isn't too bad, but most of the voice cast is kinda lame. In spite of that, I enjoyed the first episode.

I prefer subs because they're uniformly better, in my opinion. I can't tell what constitutes good or bad voice acting from a language I don't actually know (most of the time), but most of the dubs I've seen are terrible, so subs are just a safer bet. Well, I recall liking these four, for dubs: Baccano, NGE, Code Geass, and Death Note. Can't think of anything else where the dub was preferable, based off of trailers and such. And most anime I'm not invested in that I catch dubbed snippets of are done poorly.

• But you never had any to begin with.

Honestly, I couldn't stand the NGE dub. Think I'm in the minority there, though.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Honestly, I couldn't stand the NGE dub. Think I'm in the minority there, though.

I'm with you on that one.

Can't think of anything else where the dub was preferable, based off of trailers and such. And most anime I'm not invested in that I catch dubbed snippets of are done poorly.

Darker than Black got a pretty excellent one.

• edited 2012-05-11 14:47:27

^^ Is it the same cast who worked on Rebuild? Because I recall Rebuild being . . . mostly tolerable. Though I did eventually switch to subs, and it was better.

^ Once again, the main character was the only one with a notably good voice actor. Maybe one other dude. Overall, I disagree with the sentiment that DtB's dub was good. Same happened with Welcome to the N.H.K.; Chris Patton is a phenomenal voice actor, but the rest sucked.

• edited 2012-05-11 14:47:12
    You can change. You can.

EVERY SINGLE MISSILE HIT THE TARGET

but yeah, it's a very nineties dub and while the main actors are mostly serviceable, there're often certain, um, failings from the secondary roles.

ETA: Rebuild and the original have mostly the same dub cast. Only different actor is Gendo, as I recall correctly.

Rebuild's dub is amazing.

POINT BLANK, SHITHEAD!

• edited 2012-05-11 14:50:35

Wait, actually, DtB was okay, for the one episode I could bear. But Kirihara's VA (Kate Oxley) was uuuuggggghhhhh. Doesn't help that I was rewatching episodes 9 and 10, which were pretty heavily focused on her, but still.

• edited 2012-05-11 15:29:34
    a little muffled

Darker Than Black is pretty much the best dub I've ever seen, so I think you're just crazy.

Ouran dub is also good, though I've never seen any of it subbed so I can't compare.

• edited 2012-05-11 15:36:20

Funniest thing I have heard all day.

Break the link so it's plaintext.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

• edited 2012-05-11 16:08:01

Is it me, or is "pleb" the most satisfying insult to use on friends?

On that note, please tell me I'm not the only one who knows the joy of having an easily-trolled friend.

• I'm reading Fables, I'm onto issue #16 and oh my god where has this comic been all my life?

• "On that note, please tell me I'm not the only one who knows the joy of having an easily-trolled friend."

Everyone here knows Juan, so
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    Well, a trollable friend in real life. As in, one who can flip you off in person.