If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Holy fuck, it's almost 2 AM.

I really can't make myself go to bed if my parents aren't here to make me.

• No rainbow star

I have no idea why your avatar keeps making me think you're British, INUH

It's just... You're American, the avatar is from an anime... yet my mind goes, "Yeah... British"

I'm from Alabama. That's like the opposite of being British.

• You can change. You can.

i figured the opposite of being british would be being spanish

I'm just talking about stereotypes and accents within the group of English speaking places.

In other news, I just found the most beautiful opening sentence on Wikipedia:

Critical thinking is thinking that questions assumptions.[citation needed] 

I'm just talking about stereotypes and accents within the group of English speaking places.

exactly. 

But...Spanish people speak Spanish.

yes and spanish is totally the opposite of english, silly. 

• edited 2012-05-12 01:58:59
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Yeah, but you're looking at the full spectrum. If you limit things to English speakers, Alabamians are on one end, and British people are on the other.

• Definitely not gay.

WELL HOWDY THAR

fair enough i suppose, cheery ol' chap

for what is worth, it's not like you exactly sound like alabamian, but it's because we can't hear what we all expect now to be the souternest drawl ever.

• edited 2012-05-12 02:05:10
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

My accent is actually fairly minor, except on certain individual works, like "acorn" and "drawl," which I pronounce "akrn" and "drawwwwwwwwl."

• No rainbow star

I want to hear recordings of that :D

i have no microphone

and besides, sleep time now
  • Champion of the Whales

It seems that the only thing keeping oil prices low is the fact that the European Union is losing lots of jobs at a very quick rate.

• Has friends besides tanks now
    How foolish of me to think I'd actually get anything done at dad's place.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.

I just realised that there will never be a movie where Manowar get thrown back to 12th century Scandinavia. 

• Just got into Soul Eater. It's pretty awesome.

• They're somethin' else.

I made a video

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    that feel when you want to read a book but you can't find the goddamn thing
  • I smell of foam party, spaghetti and schadenfreude. I'll never wash again.

• @Schitzo That's pretty cool. Was this done with a group of friends?

• Likes cheesecake unironically.

Honestly, I couldn't stand the NGE dub. Think I'm in the minority there, though.

I'm with you on that one.

In the case of the English dub, I agree. What I hear of it was pretty bad. The German one, however, is quite good.

I prefer subs in general by now. Dubs (German ones, at least) tend to sound the same to me. Considering that I have trouble distinguishing Japanese voices (recognizing the voice of Nagisa from Strawberry Panic as the one of Rena from Higurashi was quite an achievement for me), so they sound even more the same to me, it's rather odd.

But I prefer dubs in general, not just with anime. I plan to play The Witcher with Polish voices, if I ever continue it.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Good call, because the English voices are terrible and I expect not many of the dubs are much good anyway. The Polish voices are at least tolerable. 

The English voice acting in the second one is good, though, barring Triss and Dandelion's extremely American accents. 

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Passport get!
  • I really liked the English dub of Eva, and was really disappointed the original Gendo wasn't in Rebuild. But YMMY.

dare i ask what the second y stands for

• But you never had any to begin with.

Yacht.

"i'll yatch your mileage"

yeap, sounds about right.