If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

My temper.

The longer my hair gets, the shorter my temper gets.

I notice this because my temper, which was beginning to fray, seems to have miraculously calmed down since my hair was cut.

• So if you shaved off all of your hair, you'd wouldn't get angry at all until it started to grow back?

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I suspect at that time, my fuse would grow so long that it touches its' beginning and I explode at the person who cut it off.

No it's not. I like my hair. I am ashamed at having hair as short as I do currently.

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

God, I hate it when I accidentally exceed my data allowance. Now I know how DYRE must have felt last time I was in the LMC.

Please note that that guy appears to be dead.

• Re the high school/college grades thing, my experience is that main people who care about your A-level grades are (a) your parents and (b) university admissions people and that a few years later you'll have trouble remembering what they were yourself. I'll admit that this was nearly 20 years ago now, so it may be things have got more competitive, even in Britain.

Likewise, only your first employer really cares what class of degree you got. After that, it's mostly about your record in employment.

• Scratch that, I wish I knew another language, period.

It's never too late to fix that.

May I suggest Spanish?

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

No, then he could secretly converse and scheme with Juan and Vandro and it would be death to us all. 

I suggest Ancient Sumerian. 

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Learn Latin, just like every true classically educated intellectual.

I suggest Australian.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

But then he'll larrigan springbeer the parakeet, ya dingbat!

fair dinkum, mate, no need to bring out the heavy guns

• edited 2012-04-29 07:56:03
    A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

How about Ket? :P

• Has friends besides tanks now

@Canadian vs. U.S. education systems: Oh dear God, Canada really shouldn't try to emulate America in this regard.

@Russian: I like Russian. It's a pretty language when the right people speak it. (Note: I judge the worth of most languages primarily on how nice they are to listen to)

I used to be indifferent to the French accent, but after listening to Evangelyne for two seasons, I have changed my opinion. I love the French accent.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

I have a french-panamanian friend, he is fricking smart and his accent accentuates that somehow, but french repulses me at a syntactic level. Sung french is cool though.

Also, I need to learn russian, it's fricking awesome, and cyrillic script makes a lot of sense. A one to one correspondence is most letters with the respective phonemes.

• edited 2012-04-29 11:28:31

Yay!  The K-ON! movie BDs are coming out on July 18th.  At the very least, this means I'll be able to, like... actually watch the movie finally, after waiting since December.

Incidentally, if it ends up having English subtitles, I will buy the shit out of it immediately.  Otherwise, I guess I'll have to wait for a US release.

Also, I need to learn russian, it's fricking awesome, and cyrillic script makes a lot of sense. A one to one correspondence is most letters with the respective phonemes.

Oooh, Serbian cyrillic is considered the most perfect phonetic script in the world. So if that's your criterium for language-learning, go and learn Serbian!

• Apparently, people don't like the interface of this site. Am I the only one who has no problem with it?

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^No.

I don't find it to be ideal or anything, but I don't have a problem with it. 

It's unconventional and takes time to get used to, sure, but I wouldn't call it bad. It has its merits.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

Bluhhhhh, why is it so hard to focus?

• edited 2012-04-29 16:10:59

Because... just because?

I wish it weren't though.  I have a paper to write for Thursday and I'm not even halfway done.  And yet, I can't bring myself to work on it.

EDIT: Guh, computer is back to not turning on.  :/

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I'm wondering whether I'm on the wrong side of public opinion in the TVT metacommunity on the issue of preserving the content that's being taken down.  I know there's a minority of us who would like to see it preserved, but it seems I'd have to dig harder to connect those of us in this minority.  There's no overwhelming momentum the way there was when IJBM 1 was stricken.

In other news, I'll be posting about the second day of Quinni-Con in a bit.

• edited 2012-04-29 16:44:43
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    god damn it, I like writing stories, it should not be this hard to just sit here and make some words

Also, why isn't it August yet.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I know that feel.

Both feels, actually.

• a little muffled

What's in August?