If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

My guess was that that's when his college starts.

Though for me that'll be January :/

• edited 2012-04-29 16:57:30
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Yeah, it's when I start at Northeastern and get shipped off to London.
  • a little muffled

The correct answer was, my birthday. Everything else in August is not important!

School starts in August for you, though? That seems strange, but I guess if it's toward the end of the month it's not much different from September.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    August 22nd is when our flight leaves, I think.
  • Queensday was a bore. Generic acts, a crowd of proles and going out in the Hague was a perpetual smoke/pee break due to the composition of the group. Bluh.

Amazon just emailed me for like the hundredth time saying that they still can't manage to get their hands on Guild Wars 2 to send it to me.

It's almost like it's not out yet and doesn't even have a release date or something.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Why are headphones so easy to break?

I only bought these ones on Thursday and they cost me $40 :(

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

That's why I pretty much only buy the cheapest headphones.

I'm always ruining them.

• edited 2012-04-29 19:45:25
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

What I do for headphones: buy a $1 pair, and a $20 pair of construction site earmuffs, the kind that prevent you from damaging your hearing. Remove the headband part from the headphones, then tuck them into each side of the ear protector. Result: $21 noise-cancelling headphones that cost $1 to repair if they break.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I need to buy USB slot headphones, as I kinda broke my regular headphone jack. And the $40 ones were the cheapest.

Ah. Yeah, that's different.

Do you know if there's a converter dongle thing?

If there is, it's not in any of the stores I go to.

Searched for it, and it exists.

Are you able to order stuff online?

Nope, otherwise I'd be able to get cheaper headphones.

Fair enough...:/

• Kichigai birthday!!

It's raining right now, I'm going to sleep so well tonight.

Good night

• oh my god Juniors shut the hell up

this is a library and some of us are trying to study

• Has friends besides tanks now

why isn't it August yet.

My feelings exactly. Of course.

• No rainbow star

Why do people get defensive about Mary Sues and try to convince everyone that said character isn't a sue?

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

> self-insertion
    > criticism of character
    > becomes personal criticism of writer by proxy 

• edited 2012-04-29 20:23:21

I'm stealing and storing that for future use if you don't mind, Sir Knight.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

-manly nod-

• Super psyched to see the Avengers on Wednesday! I've only got Captain America to watch now and I'll be all caught up! :D

• edited 2012-04-29 20:26:24
    No rainbow star

^^^^ No, I mean in cases of other works. Some fans rabidly defend the Mary Sue without the Author ever even asking (e.g. Las Lindas. How they can deny Mora being a Mary Sue is beyond me...)

• a little muffled

@TheConductor: Oh, hey, I'm doing the same thing with the catching up on previous movies too (I only actually watched the two Iron Man movies when they came out; I wanted to see Thor but couldn't get anyone to come with me and Hulk and Captain America are both characters I'm not huge fans of to begin with). I just finished rewatched Iron Man 2 about half an hour ago so I have Thor and Captain America left to watch this week. (I'm tentatively going to see The Avengers on Sunday.)

I'm probably only going to get to rewatch the Iron Man movies before I see The Avengers, since that's all we own.

^^^Because it's a form of bad writing, and thus one being in a work (non-satirically) is a bad thing. And people who like works don't tend to like for there to be bad things in them.

• edited 2012-04-29 21:03:09
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Holy shit, Game of Thrones actually made it a whole episode without any gratuitous fucking.

-frantically prepares for the end of days-

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

LIES

LIES AND DECEPTIONS