If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Appearance Improvement Thread

Comments

• No rainbow star

^ Yeah, that's the only thing I can think of as well that can be easily corrected

• edited 2012-04-19 21:29:10
    Has friends besides tanks now

So, I'm not sure if this outfit worked or not, but I feel like I was onto something.

Does the scarf/moose throw it off? Would it look better without glasses? Should I wear the scarf in a different way with a pea coat? Should I try to grow my hair out longer when the opportunity presents itself?  Does the whole outfit put me on the level of those douchebags who wear fedoras (yes, all of them)? Lotsa questions, bros.

• You can change. You can.

gah, hipster everest

/me ducks down and covers

• Has friends besides tanks now

So, it does, indeed, come on a little too strong, then?

It's OK, but the hair's a bit too messy. With that said, you don't look that hipster, except for the scarf. And I'm guessing it is somewhat intentional, no?

• edited 2012-04-19 21:40:30

It's pretty intentional, yeah. Though a reality check might do; I don't want to be mistaken for a filthy hipster, after all. Just look like one. >.> Would that get me picked on at college?

Plus, how can you go wrong with moose?

I didn't think my hair was that messy in that picture, though. Especially since it was actually, like, after a shower (which sort of makes it a bit unrealistic, but, um . . . shut up, you. >:[).

It's not particularly awful or anything, just rough around the edges. 

It's pretty intentional, yeah. Though a reality check might do; I don't want to be mistaken for a filthy hipster, after all. Just look like one. >.> Would that get me picked on at college?

Not on its own, no. For what is worth, it won't get you rejected, though.

• Everest - I think you look OK. I was worse-dressed in college and didn't get picked on. University is a centre of people with terrible dress-sense - you'd have to really stand out.

I keep hearing that college is full of sweat-clothing. Maybe it's just where I'm going, but I haven't seen that much of that.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^I haven't seen that either, if anything you'd fit in perfectly if you dressed as a Hipster in IIT.

• Sweat-clothing is mostly for preps on mornings after rough parties. There are few sights so vile as a girl house after a dies natalis.

• They're somethin' else.

I think I want to start wearing a pompadour. The only problem is that as shaggy as my hair is right now, its not quite long enough to become one.

• edited 2012-04-27 14:13:18

Bluh, can't decide if I think I look okay, or if I think I look ugly. It's like, from the wrong angles, my face looks fat, but at other angles it looks acceptably angular. It's just that the neutral angle seems to go towards ugly. I feel like my self-esteem might be a bit better right now if I hadn't gone along with the swim team tradition of crazy hair and head-shaving, so I could at least cover part of my face. Then there's the acne that will probably not be gone for a while. And there are some wrinkles on my forehead, which isn't supposed to fucking happen until you hit your thirties.

^ Go for it, man.

• Dude, you're super handsome, don't stress too much~.

You might have less wrinkles if you worried less about how you look. XD You don't need to

really

You're just saying that because I only upload my good pictures! :< (Well, except for the one with the terrible acne)

Thanks, though.

• edited 2013-11-24 20:05:06

l

• No rainbow star

^ I heard bananas help with the rings

• ^^I also think that's why every women you ever see on TV with a facepack on also has cucumber slices over her eyes. I can't vouch for whether it works, though.

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

↑ Hm... you don't actually look bad. The only thing I can think of is maybe... doing something to make your hair a bit neater?

• They're somethin' else.

Yeah, give it a once over or two with a brush. I like the striped shirt. Find a nice coat or jacket to go with it.

• ^Seconding the jacket suggestion. I'd say cut the hair up to your cheeks and shorten the bangs a bit, it would look a tad neater and make your face stand out a bit more, but that's just an idea.

• edited 2012-06-26 00:00:48

So, how would people compare this against my bushy hair? I'll probably still grow it out, but if anyone thinks this looks better, or has tips on how to style it better, let me know.

• No rainbow star

^ Sexy

• edited 2012-06-26 00:01:25

Thanks. Oh, yeah, I remember you saying you liked bushy + glasses too, though. Any preference or things you can think of?

Oh, something else I remembered that's important: I had contacts in at the time, so it's not a dishonest picture. :D But my eyes look a little sunken or something from wearing glasses.

• No rainbow star

^ Glasses and Bushy > Contacts and Not Bushy, but both are good looking

And now I'm going to have to stalk you

• edited 2012-06-25 23:52:10

Ooh, ooh, I remembered another thing I might do, actually. My sideburns curl like crazy and make me look really dorky (the angle in that picture underplays it a lot), so I'm considering keeping them trimmed, but I don't know how that will work once my hair's grown out more, and I don't recall it being a huge problem when it was bushy. Does anyone have any advice on that?

I guess I'm partial to bushy because hair that's even at that length is a little jockish (not that I have a major problem with jock fashion, but it doesn't really fit me). Contacts are a keeper, though. And I think my hair's looking a lot better now that I've started using Redken stuff rather than Herbal Essences or other cheap shit. Expensive as hell, but eh.

• This looks better, growing it out a centimeter or two at the sides wouldn't be bad either.

• edited 2012-06-27 05:39:56
    A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

My hair sticks up in a lot of places, but I doubt most people would care about that since it's obvious I do virtually nothing to maintain my hair other than cleaning it.

• edited 2012-07-25 19:03:57

This seems like the best place on this forum for this question:

Thoughts on emo/scene hair?

I already asked on SA and was met with overwhelming disapproval, so now I'm kinda curious.