If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Appearance Improvement Thread

15678911»

Comments

• Has friends besides tanks now

Well, yeah. I dunno, it just doesn't quite work the same for me with a pill.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

That's probably a mental thing rather than a physical one. Thinking too hard about how the swallowing process works can make it difficult to do.

Yep. I think one of my biggest flaws is that I think too much about certain things.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Trust me, I had the same problem when I was younger (and still do to an extent), and CU is right that it's a mental thing.

Here's an idea, how about you practice with small edibles, like individual cereal pieces or small hard candies?

• edited 2012-08-22 21:30:34
    Has friends besides tanks now

Well, I haven't gotten around to overcoming my difficulty with pills, but I decided to shave my head down today. Here's the only decent picture I could get under current circumstances. How does it look? (Unfortunately, my acne's gotten worse recently, because I don't feel like sticking with a face care routine that would be impractically time-consuming since I start college tomorrow. I'll try to figure out something that's easy to do).

• If you're looking for a quick way to handle acne, essential peppermint oil helps.

Here is a reliable place to buy legitimately pure peppermint oil extracts. It might seem a little steep at $7/15ml but all you need/should ever use at once is literally one drop at a time, and you just put it on your finger and touch it to the affected areas.

Since it's completely pure it's pretty strong: my eyes watered when I used a touch too much; so there's also the oil of baby peppermint which is a little milder for more sensitive skin and is only slightly more expensive at $8/15ml. To be safe, I would strongly recommend avoiding doing it right after shaving.

Now that I'm in spa class I feel kinda bad recommending the St. Ives apricot scrub before because I didn't know exactly how synthetic it was in comparison to this, which is completely natural with no fillers or anything like that whatsoever, even if it did work for you in the past.

Since you're looking for a quick routine it may very well be worth a shot though. ^^

• edited 2012-08-25 08:46:08

St. Ives hadn't really been doing much that I could tell, recently. I dunno what happened that one time. But I'll look into the peppermint oil.

And if you only need a drop per use, $7/8 is no big deal. My current conditioner costs $18, or about that.

Thanks!

• Yeah, definitely only a drop. It could be pretty dangerous using much more since peppermint oil is best for spot treatment.

No problem!

• edited 2012-11-04 02:02:09
    Kill them! KILL THEM ALL!

I like this thread better than the Photos thread at TV tropes. It's actually helpful and not just a circle jerk O:

I'll post a pic later and I just realized that I just resurrected a 3 month dead thread.  

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Necro out of nowhere.

woooo 

• edited 2012-11-04 02:02:51

^^ I know, right? Granted, I've sorta monopolized this thread, but it actually has been pretty helpful for me.

^ Meh. It hasn't been dead long enough to warrant a new thread, in my opinion.

I don't post pictures because then people wonder how a bear learned to type.

• edited 2012-11-04 02:04:33

@Super My bad. XDDD I wasn't paying attention to the dates. I got linked here through another thread I was reading.

I wonder if everyone will hate me if I turn out to look exactly like Joffrey complete with smug grin.

@Super I feel like I know you from somewhere now.

• edited 2012-11-04 02:05:02

^^ You make it sound like shaving the facial hair off would really help. (And it probably would. Most guys don't look better for it)

^ Well, do you? Because I just made a Photos thread, if you're content with looking like a dickweed like Joffrey. :P

You make it sound like shaving the facial hair off would really help.

But then people wonder how a bald bear learned how to type. 

• edited 2012-11-04 02:07:54

But you're human.

(I'd have to see a picture of you to judge, but I'm betting you'll look better without)

@Super I feel like I know you from somewhere now.

He used to go by a few other names: Spain Sun and MyFireworksDoesYours, off the top of my head, and there was another.

• edited 2012-11-04 02:08:42

I thought Super was a woman.

Wait....let me take back what I said.

Oh, Spain Sun. I remember that account. Spaniards are by definition cool.

I thought Super was a woman.

I've kind of given up on that, but yeah, ideally. 

He used to go by a few other names: Spain Sun and MyFireworksDoesYours, off the top of my head, and there was another.

In the interest of full disclosure, El the Daze, Spain Sun, Blixty Slycat, Super Lazuli, in that order.

Other sites have had MyFireworksDoesYours, Red Teacup, PinkNeonPyramid, and about a dozen other things. 

• I told you a hundred times Seibah, I don't want you in my pool

oh didn't know you were spain sun

• My hair looks like this right now, but in mohawk form.

ijlZi.jpg

Should I cut it or something? :(

• You can change. You can.

become bald

Your hair sticks like that naturally?

That seems like it would be pretty cool as a mohawk. Could you take a picture of it as a mohawk?

• Yeah, it does. It's probably the Chinese-ness. And I've got no way to take a picture right now, but I'll try.

become bald

i will do this

• edited 2013-01-27 23:48:57

So, for some reason the Photo thread reminded me that I apparently only took this a few weeks ago. I was just messing around, and the sides make it look like total poop, but I wonder if shorter sides would make that look okay. Then again, I'm going to see if some stuff I got works the way I want it to and see if I can just tame my current length more in general, but I can't decide if the bangs aren't wide enough to fit my face well.

Also, early last month I took this, and I don't know how to feel about it. It's a little messy on the sides, but that could be fixed. The problem is if the bit in the front isn't long enough and makes it tough to tell if I would rather go full tidy or full undercut. As some might know, I tried an undercut over the summer, and it went horrendously, so I'm really hesitant to try that again, but it really is such a cool cut on those that can pull it off, and I would so like to find some length that works.

• edited 2013-03-02 05:19:45

Honestly, I think you should grow your hair out. It could look pretty awesome.

But not grow it too long. Grow it a respectable middle length. 

• edited 2013-03-02 05:25:03

Yeah, I don't want to know what my hair would look like if it was too long. I was gonna go for a middle length like I had before. It's still coming along, though. :V

Good to see you again, by the way.

• edited 2013-03-29 16:07:26

So, this cool picture of some cool dude leads me to believe that that undercut I tried over the summer failed because my hair wasn't long enough yet. More reason to grow it out, I suppose. :V

In the meantime, since I have my dorm room to myself, I decided to screw around with my hair a bit. I'm not sure how I feel about this. Anyone have any thoughts?