If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Appearance Improvement Thread

Comments

• I think that's one of the reasons I'm so happy to be a girl, I can think about whatever I want in public and not have to worry about getting a hard-on.

I swear I'd probably just have a boner 24/7.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

alright can we move the conversation away from boners plz kthx

• I should make a Jayne Cobb reference.

No, even I won't go that far.

• Anyways back on topic I kinda had a question about eyebrows.

Does anyone really care about what eyebrows look like on another person? I mean I could understand if like a unibrow weirded someone out but what if they're just thick?

My eyebrows are kinda just fuzzly caterpillars and I'm happy with them and find them cute and endearing and stuff but I have a friend that wants to tie me down and pluck them until they're all manicured and severe-looking and I just don't get the appeal. I also just prefer untamed brows on others because then the person usually has a softer expression, at least to me. The one time my friend succeeded in plucking my eyebrows I was worried because I looked kinda snobbier with them like that and was missing my comfy eyebrows.

So does anyone here have a preference for how they like eyebrows on other people/themselves, or even notice other people's eyebrows closely enough?

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I wanna get mine arched, 'coz I don't like them all grown out like they are.

• edited 2012-03-21 09:04:59
    Has friends besides tanks now

@Waltzy: I didn't see a problem with your eyebrows, in the pictures I saw. I, personally, really dislike thin, arched eyebrows because they stick out more despite consisting of less hair, and people generally can't pull them off (can't comment on Nova without seeing it). Caterpillars (not that I thought you had caterpillar eyebrows) are slightly worse, I'll grant, and a unibrow is much worse. tl;dr: Don't shave your eyebrows down to arches, you really don't need to.

Sadly for me, the hair between my eyebrows grows a little fast, so I have to shave between my eyebrows without clipping off of them. >.<

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

@Waltzy: I generally don't notice eyebrows, but from pictures I've seen, yours look fine. I guess that isn't very helpful, is it?

• No rainbow star
    @Bond Style Showers: My showers typically take less than five minutes (often only two or three). Isn't that too fast for a Bond Shower?
  • Has friends besides tanks now

That's probably too fast for a shower at all. Says the guy who takes ten-fifteen minute showers.

• You can change. You can.

fifteen-to-twenty seems to be the average, in my experience. I take much longer than that, though. But that's because I spend most of my showering time pondering the depths of my existence and other insubstantial shit.

• edited 2012-03-21 11:05:38
    Has friends besides tanks now

The only other experience I've had with shower length discussions was when I was at band camp and people bitched about some guy taking fifteen or so minutes because there were other people in line. I don't know if I'll be able to get away with such long showers at college, unless I shower late at night or something. But yeah, at home, I'll just laze around in the warmth, occasionally thinking about something important.

I don't know how a two-three minute shower could be enjoyable, though.

Oh, hey, new picture. How does this length of hair look on me?

• edited 2012-03-21 11:12:10
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^Looks better than the shaved head you had earlier, and I liked that too.

My showers are rarely more than 10 minutes, after that and I run out of hot water.

^ What, the picture where I pretended to be really angry as a joke? :P

I'mma probably stick to being a longhair, though. It just needs to, like, grow back and shit.

• No rainbow star
    Everest: I don't take showers to enjoy them. I take them to get clean as fast as possible
  • edited 2012-05-22 18:59:14
    They're somethin' else.

Freshly showered, too.

Suggestions?

• No rainbow star
    ^ Why do you look like a cross between one of the professors I had last semester and the guy who does the Canadian version of Cash Cab?
  • edited 2012-03-21 17:27:19
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^^Well, that depends. Are you growing a beard or not?

• They're somethin' else.

I was considering it, but maybe until I can grow better sideburns, I'll hold off on it. Anything else?

Definetly gonna recommend a shave. The rest seems to work, but I'm not exactly known for my amazing beauty tips.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^^Yeah, if you're not growing a beard I would shave.

@Ica: Well, that's no fun.

@Schitzo: Not much to say but that I'm nthing the shave suggestion.

My showers run from twenty minutes to half an hour. Ten minutes if I'm in a real rush, anywhere up to forty five minutes if I'm shaving my legs, etc.

As to my eyebrows, I'll post a picture. Eventually. Probably later today, when I'm home. I was going to straighten my hair anyway.

• Haircut is a bit disorderly at the front, maybe some wax if you like the overall style?

• edited 2012-04-29 19:39:54
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I think I like my straight-hair look better than my curly hair, but I need to get the front of my hair cut.

I think I like my straight-hair look better than my curly hair, but I need to get the front of my hair cut.

quite so. Also, you should try to grow the back of it.

I'd say that otherwise, you're fine. Although cheeks are somewhat full, but what chu gunna do

@Cygan: You definitely need to grow out the hair in the back. Just doesn't look right at the moment. Though for what it's worth, I think your eyebrows are fine.

@Icalasari: The asymmetry doesn't work, but I'm not sure if that's the fault of the barber or your hair.

• AM I CUTE TOO? UGUUUUU~~~

ahaha NO but seriously, might ask what hairstyles look nicest soon. Like usual side-braid vs. braid in back, or bun vs. hair down, glasses vs. no glasses for all.

If I can be less lazy.

• No rainbow star

Everest: The hair just curled that way for the picture. It's symmetrical

Waltzy: HNNNNNNNNG! *dies*

• edited 2012-03-22 00:05:14
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

I'm having a hard time looking at that image and not snickering. What I would advise is a french braid with long hair. It has a nice elegance to it without seeming too 'classy'. 

Also, gonna sound like a stereotypical nerd but I always think glasses are the best.

sometimes I think I read so much so I can screw up my eyes and have an excuse to wear glasses