If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• No rainbow star

I'm starting to think I may have a cavity hidden somewhere between my teeth x.x

• The secret to good cooking is tossing in lots and lots of spices, apparently. Still, should have tried to rope some of the eaters into doing the dishes for me.

• No rainbow star

God fucking dammit why is it that NO periodical has heard of Cyriak!?

Why did I choose the guy who is well known only on the internet!? >.< I'll have to hand it in late just because I need to talk to the professor and find out if any sites counts or if I have to ditch Cyriak and write on somebody else >.<

And I know he's here at the college right now, but I don't know where and he apparently doesn't read his emails >.>

• I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.

Would a Uk paper count for whatever?
    If so The Guardian (a well known Uk newspaper) has an article on him online. 

• No rainbow star
    A newspaper is a periodical so yes :D

I owe you Ian

Now to finish a paper in under an hour (easy since most of it is done)

I take paypal.

(Haha no worries.) 

• No rainbow star

Shit, it seems to be on their site only and in a section titled blog. I'm not sure if it would count (which means that the paper will be late anyways as the professor has decided to disappear into thin air until the 7 pm dead line >.>)

Hmm.
    Well he is mentioned (on a different story) in the Uk newspaper The Metro. 
    It doesn't mention it being online only and they usually publish everything they have on site.

• edited 2012-03-15 19:32:21
    No rainbow star

Why does none of this stuff show up when I use Google?

EDIT: And it has nothing to do with his works, which is the point of having the periodical =/

• edited 2012-03-15 19:39:46
    I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.

Cos I google using the papers names as I'm from the Uk? :D

(Even the shitty tabloid Sun paper has an article on him. As does the racist Daily mail.)

(I dunno Personally I'd not mention about the guardian link being a blog, and say they publish it as hey is your professor gonna check for backdated Guardian papers from another country.)
    Sorry that is all I've got. 

• No rainbow star
    Well I managed to just find him. Multiple sources will make up for lack of a specific source (also, we were allowed to find periodicals on things related to the art work >.< That was not stated in the guidelines. ...Not to mention that these are Cyriak videos. Do they even HAVE a genre?)

Well that seems ok I guess, despite the time left you have.
    I've got no more sources for you as those are all the papers that ever had an article on Cyriak.
    Hope it all goes well. 

• I'm trying to remember this comic that features a main character who wears sunglasses that have red and green lenses. I think it was called Cosmopolitan, but I'm not sure. Any help would be appreciated.

• You can change. You can.

Transmetropolitan.

• The guys name is Spider Jerusalem. SEE! I CAN CONTRIBUTE!

no, his name is Patrick Stewart.

One day. ;_;

One day. 

She hates all the music, can't stand the lights
    But there's nothing else to do on a Saturday night
    And she doesn't like the people, can't stand to dance
    So they're all going home in an ambulance
    Woop, woop.

So, I have finished the Prisoner. 

The last four episodes might be some of the most bizarre, unique, amazing, eye opening and otherwordly experiences audiovisual media has ever managed.

• Listening to the prelude of Das Rhinegold while my eye managed to catch this:

http://koiwai.biz/eng/v4/ch26/26_03120x177_jpg.htm

Fitting.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

A strange conversation with my gaming group led to explaining what a yandere was.

My GM has informed me he has no desire to meet any future girlfriend I may have.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Meeting her would be the last time he sees you, literally.

• Meeting her would be the last time he sees

Is more likely.

but...that implies that Malk could ever actually get a yandere girlfriend. 

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Well, on the sliding scale of normal to yandere, Malk's girlfriend would likely be closer to the yandere end than average.

Tenacity and recklessness tends to thriumph in the oddest ways, like my friend defeating Sif on his first playthrough of Dark Souls with meelee hits of 30.

i know it's a joke, but i still have the oppressing need to call you out on the fact that you just compared getting a girlfriend with playing a videogame.

Well, on the sliding scale of normal to yandere, Malk's girlfriend would likely be closer to the yandere end than average.

quite possibly. but you have to take his luck into account. and it's not exactly his most known attribute.

• Simon Pegg just jumped out of a window

Goddamn I love Spaced.

It's not a comparing the how of getting a girlfriend with the how to to play a game, it's making an example about absurdist tenacity.

• edited 2012-03-16 00:23:44
    You can change. You can.

@Legionnaire: If Arrested Development didn't exist, I'd say that Spaced is the greatest sitcom of all time.

@vandro: the problem with the juxtaposition of the two is that one of these requires skill while the other one requires a whole other lot of factors, really.

• No rainbow star
    Ian: I found him 3 minutes after it was due x.x

Oh, the whole presentation we had to go to was pretty neat. It was about sustainability (I had to joke with my dad on the way home and call them idiots >.> Although I did manage to have him listen to some of the neat ideas they have)

Apparently there is a mushroom that eats oil and you can grow banana trees in black water (in other words, sewage), so you can save money on the whole cleaning process. Also, if lawns were designed with little dams in mind and with local grasses, they would get all the nutrition and water they need from rain :D

Had to disagree with them on the mowing wasting grass clippings though. Get a push mower that lacks a bag. No waste as the grass clippings would be recycled back into the dirt