If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• DonZabu,

Well, I am glad that people did not go completely off the deep end with that assignment.

Anyway, while I agree with Abyss_Worm about the false balance problem there, I do think it is possible to figure out what arguments people use against your own position on certain issues and represent them fairly. I guess you just kind of have to choose an issue that actually does have two sides with adequate backing.

• http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/03/13/green-charities-harper-conservative_n_1343509.html?ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false

Ugh. Way to make our country an even bigger embarrassment. Corporate charities? A-OK. Environmental charities? As bad as al-Qaeda. 

• No rainbow star
    ^ That reminds me. Didn't Harper promise to make the senate have elections instead of being appointed?
  • I should get back on learning Japanese, I haven't done anything about it for about 2 months. But all those flashcards have piled up and... *shudders*

• I'm a damn twisted person

^That's pretty much how I feel about managing my mother's estate. So much mail keeps piling up and it's all "Grah, I'm drowning in a sea of notifications, bills, transfers and the occasional condolence!"

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Trying to think of a place within reasonable distance I haven't applied to.

Well, at least I have artery-clogging chinese.

• No rainbow star
    ^^^ I need to practice too (around a year out of practice myself)
  • But you never had any to begin with.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Oh wow, it's already got $700k+.

I like this new trend, and I hope it turns out to be successful enough to keep happening.
  • Champion of the Whales

Btw

Is there should a thing as "the one rule" for Batman and if so what is it?

• edited 2012-03-14 15:54:01

Well, better get started on those flashcards.

Also, I have a thesis topic now. Hell yeah!

^^ Wait, these things get hundreds of thousands of internet money for funding? O.o

• But you never had any to begin with.

^ It is an established studio, after all.

^^^No killing.

• I'm a damn twisted person

Which inevitably is always the first thing to go when somebody tells an Elseworlds story about Batman.

• edited 2012-03-14 16:07:14
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^^ Wait, these things get hundreds of thousands of internet money for funding? O.o

Most of them don't, but this one and the Double Fine ones are special cases, considering how many people love them and what they're trying to do with these things.

• Champion of the Whales

I thought it was but my friend said it was "no guns"

^The guns are a by-product of the no-killing rule. He certainly doesn't like guns, but that's because guns are the tools used to kill his parents.

• http://www.facebook.com/TheX54 Hey look, that radio show I started doing every other Wednesday now has a fanpage! You should all join.

• Went for pizza with old study society board. Griping about the new board is best bonding. Also, uni sent me a letter saying they're reporting a random amount of jewgolds to the tax services for money I supposedly made doing committee work. I don't know where the heck it came from, but I hope it means I can find said amount of jewgolds somewhere on my bank account.

• Why, oh, why does my DS not support my Wi-Fi? I want my Reshiram damn it!

• >Offer to help someone format (in the organising and restructuring sense) their bio

>Friend of said person misunderstands, takes it to mean "wipe it all and start again", tells person, person starts seriously considering leaving due to the time put into it

nogooddeedgoesunpunished.jpg

or

ohcomeon.jpg

• You can change. You can.

Is there should a thing as "the one rule" for Batman and if so what is it?

Batman doesn't kill and always saves a life. Unless he suddenly doesn't really feel like it, according to Nolan. >_>

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

So, I decided that I should finally try M:TG out. Off to download Cockatrice.

Another one converted to the fold.

Murrr, there are a lot of people who have downloaded the game and to which I own a teaching game. >_<

• No rainbow star
    ^ I'd download it and try it if I could get someone to teach me
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

So I see BTL is now moved to a new server. Some guys over there stated they like to visit 'Tropes to watch drama; I do the same with BTL. Only that like all of these folks there are here. But here I don't see noticeable drama or childish attempts to appear smarter or moral guardian-style outrage. So it's like I change my attitude with changing the webpage. Hmph.

• The site really did fail at its intended purpose to improve Tv Tropes. Oh well. At least that means we can all point and laugh at all those dumb real life examples with delusional people who need to get out more trying to squeeze their lives into a fictional narrative.

• I should be having a lot of free time for now, if any of the new MtG players want to learn. (Although I don't know that much about Cockatrice in specific.)

• edited 2012-03-14 19:00:50
    if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

It's really not difficult to be smarter or morally sounder than most of the people that we usually criticized. Regardless, I've always found overt moralizing to be tiring and and prefered to back off and keep silent if the discussion turns into a festival of gasps and outrage (except for once or twice in the site's first days, more for the sake of catharsis than anything else, and that one time where it was kind of reversed - everyone dogpiled on Flyboy for not being a happy-go-lucky optimist so I snapped). Public, loud, self-righteousness has always annoyed me, but a couple of people really did deserve that treatment.

Also, thanks for the offer! Got any tips on building a first deck?

Got any tips on building a first deck?

I'd say that the best way of learning how to deckbuild is looking for a preconstructed deck and then tuning it into something more...yours. Research cards, look for fitting keywords and so on. 

I normally recommend the Duel Decks, because they have rarer cards and don't care about being retained to the current Standard blocks.