If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• @Ten Desires:

For some reason, I tend to die easily preventable deaths on that game particularly often.

• You can change. You can.

I just downloaded a torrent with all of Batman comics since Crisis on Infinite Earths. 

I am happy. 

• >No school today due to exams

>Get up early to try and catch a guy

>He logs off 4 minutes before you log on

Oh come on.

• edited 2012-03-13 18:04:38

E-mail? Admittedly I rarely ever use instant messaging.

UPDATE: Oh, I see.

• edited 2012-03-13 18:00:09
    No rainbow star
    ^^ Even worse is when they log off a mere second after you log on v.v
  • It happens. Try contacting someone in Hong Kong for Earbuds in TF2, see how fun that goes. XD

• E-mail? Admittedly I rarely ever use instant messaging.

Forum.

• Previously: brodette had a fling with someone in a relationship. Full disclosure: turns out it's actually one of her old college professors, who is married and has a daughter. Paired with assurances that it happened after she graduated and a plea to not tattle it through to anyone(since she'll do that herself eventually), this is the best piece of gossip of 2012.

Sort of puts a kink in my value as a wingbro, since I don't know that many older men.

• edited 2012-03-13 18:19:01
    if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

^ O_o

Anyway... I fear that I'm turning more and more nationalistic each and every day. I'm not a big fan of nationalism, but some things just keep pushing me in that direction. Makes me feel really uncomfortable.

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

>wake up this morning

>no Internet in the house I'm staying at

>no problem, just play my Steam Library

>open Steam, click Start in Offline Mode

>"Could not connect to the Steam network"

>"This operation cannot be completed in Offline Mode"

>I can't open Steam in Offline Mode

>are you fucking kidding me

• No rainbow star
    ^ Yeah, it can only go in offline mode if you put it in offline mode when you have a connection

Yes it is bullshit of the highest caliber
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Ive never had that happen...though that's likely because until recently, I used a laptop that was never off, so steam was always running on online mode if I needed to go offline.
  • I had that problem a few weeks ago when lightning killed our internet. I was not pleased.

This was before it killed the GPU, power supply and network card as well.

• No rainbow star
    ^ Lesson here? Only computer that should be used during a storm is a laptop
  • I've had enough people tell me that that I intend to punch the next person that does.

I, personally, thought it was fine due to the surge protector/being a moron.

• No rainbow star
    ^ ...I hope that I was the one that made you make that threat
  • edited 2012-03-13 19:25:19
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Haven't slept. so tired.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Haven's slept.

Has he?

• ^ ...I hope that I was the one that made you make that threat

I WILL PUNCH EVERYONE ON THIS PLANET AND THEN PUNCH THEIR SOULS INTO HELL
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Should be sleeping. Doing laundry and watching a let's play of 2006 instead.

What the hell is wrong with me?

• edited 2012-03-13 19:31:57

Too much light stimulation? Seems like the longer I stay on the computer, the harder it is to sleep, and I've heard you should get off one hour before sleeping.

This is more the 'lie in bed for hours' and still can't sleep kind of thing.

• edited 2012-03-13 19:37:00

I recognize these causes: too much time on the computer, too many perceived tasks to be done, or being depressed. Getting to sleep can be troublesome for the latter since there's nothing to take your mind off it. 

• MrWMrW
    edited 2012-03-13 20:25:54

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/3224/steadmanandhissteer.png

Why I put this much effort into this is beyond even me.

• No rainbow star
    Malk: The Pokecapn one, right?

I'm thinking of doing a Sonic Let's Play. I may do the three/four Genesis ones and any Sonic 4 episodes available after clearing Sonic 1-3&K, but those are overdone (1-3&k anyways), so I'm wondering:

If I did this run, which games should I do?

Note that there is no way in hell I am doing 2006, Secret Rings, or Black Knight (2006 is ass and Rings and Knight are on the rails, which I hate)

^That's the one.

Watching Go-busters right now and after how awesome Luka was it's painful to see an obnoxious generic tsundere like Yoko be a Yellow Ranger now.

• edited 2012-03-13 21:30:31
    No rainbow star
    The end of the world stage takes them from video 42 to 21 minutes into video 46, just as a warning

They do go insane part way through their attempts though :D
  • You can change. You can.

So, I don't like Fat Number 2. 

Or the second Fat Number 2. 

Or, like, I don't like this episode's plot. 

(Although the pun in the title is awesome)

• @LouieW two pages back (heh):

>I definitely would not want to have kids writing papers about supporting racial segregation just because that happens to be the opposite of their position.

Not much to worry about there; most of the arguments presented were weak and fallacious.

That's the other part that bothers me: before this, we spent a week learning all about logical fallacies and how to spot/avoid them, but fallacies was all this recent assignment ended up producing. And it was supposed to teach us how to effectively argue.

• That's because the entire premise of the assignment is based on a fallacy: namely false balance.