If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    fffff
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Quite an impressive ninja-edit chain we've got going there.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    I'm kind of hoping the Persona 4 port will be on the 3DS... it probably won't be though... >_>
    ^The only 3DS Persona confirmed is Persona 3-DS, AFAIK.
  • edited 2011-10-30 19:51:14
    Thane of rum-guzzling and necromancy

The only persona I care about at the moment is 5. It's been a long time coming. 

There was a two-year gap between 3 and 4. 5 is surely due some time early next year. Though the PS3 is admittedly harder to develop for... 

Then again it still beats more recent Final Fantasy development cycles.

Apparently there is a PSP-vita port of 4 on the way. 

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Part of the reason I'm getting a Vita is for Persona 4, actually.
  • edited 2011-10-30 19:52:34
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    ^^^Yeah, but I'd like 4 too because honestly it's the better game. Looking forward to Five though.

^I might get the original cheap to tide me over and get a Vita when it goes down in price.

On another note, the newest episode of Supernatural is called 'Slash Fiction'. Are you serious?
  • edited 2011-10-30 19:52:32
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    If the cycle so far continues, Persona 5 isn't in development, but someone is working on an awesome RPG with a similar concept, which will wind up becoming Persona 5.

^^Same. If it got a 3DS release, I probably wouldn't wind up with a Vita.
  • edited 2011-10-30 19:55:22

What I don't get is, why all these ports and no news of a sequel?

^ Oh...

Then again, the cycle before Persona 3 was a little screwed up, too. Persona 2 was released in 2000 or something. That's half a decade in which Nocturne, SMT Digital Devil Saga and others were produced before Persona.

Maybe there's a Nocturne sequel on the way instead?

Ports are less work and Atlus has a devoted fanbase.

And the ports are genuinely worthwhile.
    Because they wouldn't have my money if they didn't port.

:D
    I still haven't played P4 because at this point, I might as well wait for the port, since it'll probably have more content.
    I haven't played Persona 4 because I haven't had a Sony console since the PS1.

Also, this reminds me that I'm an episode or two behind on the anime.
    I'm not watching the anime. I want to play the game first.
    That's a fair point, but damned if I'm buying a whole console for one game I already played.
  • You can change. You can.
    Ports are less work

From what I've heard, ports are actually more expensive than remakes.
    ^Yes, but they're less expensive than making the entire game from scratch.
  • edited 2011-10-30 19:59:58
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I figure that I'll enjoy the anime more if I haven't played the game, so I won't be bothered by all the adaptation decay that I assume is present.

Though I guess that doesn't really bother me as much as it does most people.
    I actually like reading/playing/watching adaptations where I've seen the original because it lets me consider the process that goes into it.
  • edited 2011-10-30 20:07:56

I can understand Atlus' need for regular funds, but I'm sure they aren't so broke they need to keep repackaging and porting recent titles. Whatever, I don't know enough about their business model. I like Persona 3 PSP, but wanted to get my hands on the psp versions of Persona 1 and 2. Though I have an emulator version of the original Persona 1.

I dunno. I'm pretty happy that they're porting.

Also, the team that's working on the port might not be the same team that would be working on a hypothetical Persona 5.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    Time to finish speedreading Paradise Lost and come up with a topic for an essay based on it.

. . . I should go back and read the whole thing at a reasonable pace at some point. At some point . . .
    ^^^Didn't the release Persona Portable before P3P?
  • edited 2011-10-30 20:12:22

^ Yeah, but I'm finding the availability to be sketchy at best. Did they even release it in the UK?

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    >Maybe there's a Nocturne sequel on the way instead?

How would a Nocturne sequel even work?
  • edited 2011-10-30 20:16:00
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^^I think so...though I'm not the best person to ask.

^Isn't Nocturne in the main series? I thought there had been main series releases since then...though I haven't tried the main series yet, so I wouldn't know.
  • On another note, the newest episode of Supernatural is called 'Slash Fiction'. Are you serious?

Well...they know their audience.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    ^^Yeah, but each entry in the main series has as much to do with each other as each Final Fantasy game. I'm talking strictly talking about a sequel to Nocturne.
    ^Ah, I didn't know that. I assumed that them calling them a series when they don't call every Megaten game part of the series meant there was continuity.
  • Thane of rum-guzzling and necromancy
    I don't mean sequel in the traditional sense... I mean successor flagship title.