If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Dammit, I had a bat's sleep schedule last week and had only just gotten rid of it!
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^ Dat feel
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    Indeed.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I just realized that, by complete coincidence, it took me exactly nine days to completely finish Nine Persons Nine Hours Nine Doors.

lol.
    Heh.

What are your thoughts on the ending?
    I loved it.  The [stable time loop] stuff was really cool, and it worked in a way that it didn't feel like it came out of nowhere.  Especially when Junpei [first gets the flash from the other route, with the note].  Everything felt like it was suitably foreshadowed, and it was intelligent without being confusing.

Also, the Safe ending, when [Ace starts describing how he murdered Clover, and Snake goes apeshit and takes Ace down with him] made my cry, not gonna lie.

Unless you're talking about when they [ran into Alice(?) and the game just stopped], in which case:

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Just finished Halloween and Freaks. Man, those are great films.
    I haven't seen Halloween in years.  Never actually seen Freaks.
    I was mostly talking about the other stuff. And yeah, the Safe ending was depressing as hell.

As for [Alice], she's in the sequel, and actually is exactly who you think she is based on the previews. [Her body is apparently made of Ice-9.]
  • edited 2011-10-31 21:17:03
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    ^^It's a great film, and the story behind it is also fascinating. It's really tragic, because the studios felt the movie was too scary after a pre-screening where people went hysterical. Director Todd Browning was pretty much ruined after that.
  • re: bat schedule.

I seem to have fallen back into the trap of staying up far too late and sleeping until around 2 PM. Feels horrid, gentleman.

^^ Yeah, I've heard a lot about it.

^^^ oooooh

Snake is definitely best character.  Especially after the Safe ending.
    Oh, yeah. Snake's pretty awesome.

Though June is pretty impressive too at points, albeit in different ways.

When Snake said he could take anyone else in the cast in a fight, I thought he was kidding. He was not.
    As soon as he said that, I was pretty sure that he'd do something awesome eventually.

And yeah, June surprised me. 

One thing I wasn't sure about, though:  [When she gets a fever, does that mean that Junpei is doing something that'll fuck with the stable time loop?  I don't think she had any fevers in the true end route.]
    Yeah, that's what that means. [Fevers are a sign that she died in the incinerator and thus shouldn't exist.]

Quite depressing once you realize it.
  • edited 2011-10-31 21:46:55
    Has friends besides tanks now
    Guh. I really want to get into Colby College for various reasons, and I bet I could, too, but the tuition is ridiculously high (around $50,000), and I don't think I'm good enough to get that reduced by a whole lot.
    Protip: apply to random obscure scholarships. There are a lot out there, and some are so obscure that they're far less competitive than you'd think.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    I'll be sure to look through lots of scholarships once the school actually puts the scholarship box out.
  • You can change. You can.
    Just built my silliest Magic deck yet.

It's basically using Zedruu the Greathearted to give out Undead Alchemist to my opponent and then force him to attack me with Curse of the Nightly Hunt until I end up milling myself completely.

Of course, Laboratory Maniac is involved. 

• If that don't work, use more gun.
    Went trick or treating tonight with some friends.  I actually ended up scaring a few kids with my costume.  Maybe I shouldn't wear a pumpkin for a head next time.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    lol horseless headless horsemann?
  • Just built my silliest Magic deck yet.

It's basically using Zedruu the Greathearted to give out Undead Alchemist to my opponent and then force him to attack me with Curse of the Nightly Hunt until I end up milling myself completely.

Of course, Laboratory Maniac is involved.

You were hanging out with Zudak, weren't you? That sounds like the kind of deck ideas one gets after talking to him for a while.

• If that don't work, use more gun.
    ^^Close.  Pyro Jack.
  • You can change. You can.
    Indeed. 

I've been meaning to make a Lab Millniac deck before, and it's not unlike Innistrad doesn't have all the right cards for it. But I wanted a lulzier approach.
  • edited 2011-10-31 23:37:54
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    I just saw a Higurashi amv to Mr. Torture.

Does the maker realize the song is actually about BDSM club worker?
  • I need to figure out how to put together a decent Adam Jensen outfit.
  • edited 2011-11-01 00:25:46
    No rainbow star
    Gah, if only I was taller, then I could dress up as Slenderman!

Also: Sleep deprivation D:

If I fall asleep by 12:20, I only get 5 hours of sleep on Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays, and sometimes Tuesdays D:
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Ugh, headache. Can't sleep with this throbbing.
    I can't sleep, and I have no idea why.
  • There's nothing more glorious than sending your entire fleet into victory-or-death in the skies above your greatest enemy's home planet, who's fleet nearly equals yours and has a tonne of defences.

Except coming back later and finding you've kicked their ass with minimal loss.