If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I want to join Something Awful now

Comments

• edited 2011-08-08 15:19:56
    FFX is just Grandia with Wangst. X-2 is better in every way.
    • Sure it is, until you hit the completely random Super Happy Fun
      Smile Time Bikini Hour scene in the hot spring wherein Rikku starts
      checking out the other girls' goods and you get the overwhelming urge to hurl the game across the room.
    :O

-buys FFX-2-
  • You can change. You can.
    @Glenn: She meant that post where they explained to you what TT was for and you went...

"oh"
  • @DYRE: Remind me to never ask you for recommendations on video games.
    Ah come on, Ivy. You know you want some of...

Nah, I can't do it. 
  • edited 2011-08-08 15:55:27
    Has friends besides tanks now
    ^^ You say that as if his taste in video games would be any different from his taste in anime, which is already demonstrably questionable. :P
  • :c

I was just joking...

Anyway, I'm perfectly capable of separating "things I like for dumb reasons" and "things I like because they're actually good"... I think.
  • edited 2011-08-08 15:56:42
    Has friends besides tanks now
    ^ I was too. Forgot the ":P", though. Then again, you still like KnJ, so . . . [:P]
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Eh, buying a game for spank material alone is far from the worst reason I've heard for buying a game.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    ^I'm honestly curious what could be worse than that, hentai games not withstanding obviously.
  • edited 2011-08-08 16:58:04
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    @ spite house's latest post over on SA (dunno if you're reading this, but here goes anyway)
    What is the point of clicking the report button when there are no community standards to violate?
    "This entry refers to cartoon pantyshots of 8-year-olds as 'fanservice' and is so lasciviously phrased that it's clear the user who posted the entry fapped to the cartoon panties repeatedly. Better report it! Oh wait... that poo poo is totally allowed here. No Negativity. gently caress." [does not click button]
    The Troper Tales rules specifically forbid anything that could be considered creepy.
  • That rule is woefully unenforced, then...
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    I would delete them, if I had grounds to delete them beyond "being offended by things I don't like".
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^^It isn't. I've reported probably ten TT entries on the new system for it; all were deleted.

There's just so much creepy stuff that we can't possibly get it all.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    And it's hard to find all of the creepy stuff unless you LOOK for it. All of the mold at the top of the tank can be cleaned, but you never know how much is underneath the rocks.
    I'm honestly curious what could be worse than that, hentai games not withstanding obviously.

Buying a game of a franchise that hasn't been good for years, in the fleeting hope that you might recapture your childhood.

Buyiing a game for the sole reason that it's a console exclusive.

Buying a game because it's based on a movie you liked.
    Ah, Morven. Good to see you in some capacity.
  • edited 2011-08-08 19:41:40
    When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    The first one was sort of a novel concept, although it got boring really damn quick. Then they took the same damn game and rehashed it six times (eight, if you count the two Gamecube games). And people keep buying it! It's nothing but Excuse Plot and mind-numbing, button-mashing grinding. What is it that people see in that drek?

>Pokémon
      >Button mashing

• Was this on troper tales. If so what trope.
    • edited 2011-08-08 19:43:06
      ^^ Well, it kind of is, really.  You can pretty much just keep spamming one or two attacks without any real thought and make it through the game.  At least, with sufficient grinding, toward the end of the game.  Possibly depending on which specific Pokemon game is but I dunno since I've only actually played two of them.
    • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
      If you're playing with a classic d-pad, it does feel like button mashing.

And then after that, you can just hit A constantly.  Tackle, Tackle, Tackle, Tackle, Tackle, Tackle, Tackle, Tackle, Tackle, Tackle, Tackle, Tackle, Tackle, Tackle, Tackle, Tackle, Tackle, Tackle, Tackle, Tackle, Tackle, Tackle, Tackle, Tackle, Tackle, Tackle, Tackle, Tackle, Tackle, Tackle, Tackle, Tackle, Tackle, Tackle, Tackle, say yes to nurse, rinse and repeat.
    • Does the SA thread think that "anime" is an inherently funny word or something? I mean, the ridiculous over-exposure of anime on the wiki is easy to mock, but Jesus Christ.
      They've been making fun of anime almost as long as they've made fun of furries. So yes.
    • Doesn't that get old, eventually?
      Well making fun of furries got old for them. So it will, but not for a long time.
    • And, I don't see how this is cherrypicking because there really is a shitload of anime examples and pages on the wiki.
      And it's nowhere NEAR as bad as it used to be a few years ago.
    • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
      C'mon, guys, Complaining About Shows You Don't Like is waiting for you! (Second link, not first.)

Here's just one example: 

The 40 Year Old Virgin really bugs me with its implication that people who don't want to have sex are immature, naive, or have something seriously wrong with them. 

The message of the movie is the exact opposite.
      Wasn't the point of that movie that the virgin was the happier, more well-adjusted one while the sex crazed ones were seen as insane for what they did to get laid?

Shouldn't nerds be all over that message?
    • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
      It's presented as a cringe comedy.
    • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
      Word Of God is that Rowling meant all along for the series to "mature" with its readers, when in fact the series hasn't matured so much as genre-shifted completely after it became an obvious goldmine. Until this Troper sees dated and signed documents to prove Rowling's intent, he calls bullshit on it.

LOL