If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I want to join Something Awful now

Comments

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    I...err... ummmm....

What?

I'm not Harry Potter fan, but if decisions were inspired by it making money, surely a more logical choice would be to keep it the same?
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    Dude, trying to point goons into mocking something. Especially going "hey hey look at this LOOK AT THIS" will not work.
  • edited 2011-08-08 20:17:30
    When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Dune, while it had fantastic ideas, is incredibly poorly written, with more Epic Fail than you can poke a stick at.

I don't even know. 

^ Pwetty pwease? 
  • edited 2011-08-08 20:18:20
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    This from the complaining about shows you don't watch, right?

If you haven't read it how do you know it's poorly written?

Edit: Oh wait, complaining about shows you don't like.

Disregard that, I suck cocks.

It's still a stupid thing to say, though.
  • edited 2011-08-08 20:21:34
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    Is SA even reading this thread anymore?

EDIT: Oh wait, yeah they are. Nevermind.
  • "Even Hayao Miyazaki (from GLORIOUS NIPPON!!!), founder of Studio Ghibli, hates anime and wishes people didn't associate it with his work.

Most anime fans are oblivious to the fact that low-budget, direct-to-video anime almost destroyed the Japanese film industry in the early 80's, nearly undoing all of the positive exposure that Japanese films had gotten in the West (from people like Kurosawa, Ozu, and Mizoguchi, though mostly Kurosawa) and replacing it with intentionally bad animation."

'kay
    Also Morven, you jumped ship too huh? Shame, I remember you being pretty cool in the WoW thread.
  • edited 2011-08-08 20:36:24
    Myrmidon seems real intent on making little complaints about this thread whenever he can. He's been pretty passive aggressive ever since we called him out on totally not caring. 

Actually, Vorpy and Kino called me out for not caring, and then you guys followed suit.

• When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Isn't Morven a mod? 
  • I don't think he jumped ship. He's just posting over there because why not.
    @That Dragon/Furry/Jonestown thing: That reminds me of that pack of weirdos who thought they were Na'vi and wanted to make a settlement in West Virginia or something. Whatever happened to that?
  • Oh, hey, it's that FedCom thing.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    @ TinTower's latest SA post: That looks like what's called a "justifying edit." I believe the policy on them is kill-on-sight.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    ....but...Ghost-types...
  • edited 2011-08-08 21:50:13
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Cringe comedies are hard for audiences to grasp for some silly reason.

People react to Lolita like it's glorifying sexualization of underage girls when the story actually portrays how disgusting that is.
  • Clean your room little Billy

^ It's amazing how much people will filter their perceptions in order to see what they want to.

Lolita is glorifying the sexualization of underage girls on purpose you know.

I think a better example would be Human Baggage.
  • Electric Boogaloo
    Negative. Humbert Humbert is one of the most classically recognized unreliable narrators. The story was meant to condemn pedophilia by using a pedophile narrator.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    I wish you guys were reading the Why We Think Troper Tales Should be axed. Their pulling an example off our book and just listing and insulting enteries. Then they went on to talk about how TT makes them feel bad to be troper and how it makes them all look like pedos and creeps, or just nerds outright lying about themselves in attempt to brag. Like they said it was like reading group session for rapists that ended with the rapists convincing themselves it was okay to surprise sex because its part of their culture. Madrugada ofcourse thumped their posts.

And they all have anime avatars. I'm confused drat it!

I don't even know where my avatar came from, I just like the colours.

But anyway. Yeah, TT is really creepy. This is just, well, Tropers expressing their opinions for once. It's the people who are usually silent on the issue coming forward.
  • edited 2011-08-08 23:29:44
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    My avatar's not an anime.  :(

And I've hated TT for a long time.
    I use an anime avatar because I am a pedantic weeaboo faggot.
  • I blame my anime avatar on peer pressure.

That, and I feel that the phallusbird reminds me too much of things I just want to forget.
    ^ rape? being banned for stupid reasons? being raped for stupid reasons?
  • Woki mit deim Popo.
    With all the complaining about the creepy stuff at TvT, I'm surprised that SA never found the Demonphobia page.
  • At this point I'm thinking of registering just for the MSPA discussion.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Is that who it is?

Okay then. Who is Byakuren?
  • A Touhou character.
    Okay.
  • What anime is this?