If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I am not ready to quit TV Tropes yet

Comments

• Poot dispenser here
    Yeah, the cut was suspiciously quick.

Also, contributed to your thread, INUH.
  • You can change. You can.
    I contributed. 

It was a long ass post. Maybe it has some worth.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    Also posted on INUH's thread.

Though I do think the cut was premature, and I would have liked to see the opposition's arguments play out further, I'm not exactly complaining if it stays cut.
    Yeah, me neither, but can I ask any of you guys to PM me if the issue comes back or something?

I'm not much of a wiki regular and I'm just helping because...um...I dunno. Boredom, I guess.
  • edited 2011-08-03 22:42:55
    YO YO YO U CAN'T C ME BOUT TO SPIT SUMTIN' STOOPID!
    Thump.
  • edited 2011-08-03 22:39:01
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Ah, the latest post on the SA thread tells me where I'd seen the boob chart before. It was on the first page of the thread.
  • Keeping my fingers crossed, that this'll turn out ok.
    Won't you help us, Ivy? :(
  • I'm glad you're getting a lot of discussion on your Analysis Special Project, Inuh. It makes me hopeful that I will some day be able to usefully contribute in that area.

On a side note, is the formatting messed up on the TVTropes forum for anyone else?
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Not for me.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Anyway, I think I am starting to get a bit too... annoyed by the community in TRS and the other subforums there.

I think I should take a step back for a while and dissociate myself.
  • edited 2011-08-04 08:42:48
    Oh well, forum's working for me now.

^ Is this about the Useful Notes TRS thread on the Bra sizes? I'll admit that some of the very vocal people in TRS can be hard to deal with at times, but a part of consensus building is letting people air out their opinions.

On the plus side, you don't have to convince those that are the most difficult, only enough other readers to get support for the change.
    I can't blame you myself, the discussion that happened while I wasn't looking is shaping up to be pretty dumb.

Oh well, I guess I'll join in a bit.
    Is this about the Useful Notes TRS thread on the Bra sizes? I'll admit that some of the very vocal people in TRS can be hard to deal with at times, but a part of consensus building is letting people air out their opinions.

Yeah, it is.

I mean, they're trying to justify the pages' existence in how it will inform potential writers about bra sizes. What they fail to recognize is that that's not how the site works- we don't do that. We don't catalogue useless trivia.

Actually, I'm going to write a Wiki Talk thread on this. Gimme a bit to type a draft.
    I have noticed, in the discussion on the Useful Notes on Bra Sizes Got Cut discussion thread, that there seems to be some confusion as to what the Useful Notes namespace is actually for.

As far as I can tell, it is a namespace that is dedicated to useful notes- for example, talking about the geography of settings used in any media, their notable areas and landmarks, things like gun safety, how fighting works in reality, and how space actually works in real life as opposed to its' common depiction in media. Things that help people understand the world around them and how media plays with it.

However, this does not seem to be the case.

So, I ask. What is the Useful Notes namespace actually for?

Sound good?
  • > Won't you help us, Ivy? :(

Sorry, I was on my way to bed when I posted. I'll see if there's anything I can add now, though.
    Ah, no worries, then. 
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    I wish we could get rid of this page but Fast Eddie seems to be against the idea
    It is on Anime Fanspeak. It ain't hurtin' anybody, and it 'is' anime fan-speak.

No, it is a Japanese word that is often used in anime and manga the same way 'idiot' and other variations are in Western countries.
  • ...But how will you know what Asuka is calling Shinji, if there's no article on the word baka? These things are very important! :p
  • Woki mit deim Popo.
    By taking a Japanese language class?
  • To be fair, it is a term in use by some of the (albeit, the more annoying parts of) English speaking Anime fandom, and the article does have a point that the term is starting to show up more and more in translated in English-translated works.

Since it's an example-less fanspeak oriented page, I really don't see how its existence is hurting anything.
    Since it's an example-less fanspeak oriented page, I really don't see how its existence is hurting anything.

It sets a precedent.
  • A precedent for what, exactly?
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    Onii-chan, for example
  • Meh. Just because it's common knowledge to us, it's good for people who don't know. 
This discussion has been closed.