If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Academy Award snubs

12346»

Comments

• What

WHAT

WHAT

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

OH MY GOD THERE ARE OTHER GOOD ANIMATORS BESIDE PIXAR HOW TERRIBLE

• No, I'm just surprised something other than that won.

• edited 2012-02-26 21:54:55
    I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

Wow, an Occupy Wall Street joke about Michael Douglas. It works, but probably not the way Crystal intended.

Martin Scorcese not winning Best Director will genuinely surprise me. 

Huh, so it goes to The Artist? Damn, I'm slipping. I suppose this is still anyone's ballgame. 

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    I suppose this is still anyone's ballgame.

inorite?

• You can change. You can.

The Artist will win the big awards, we all know this. why are we watching again

why is Oprah Winfrey winning an Oscar?

• edited 2012-02-26 21:59:26
    I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

Shut up Billy Crystal. Shutupshutupshutup 

The Governors awards go to Dick Smith, James Earl Jones, and... Oprah?

The Colour Purple didn't stop being a thing.

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

A free Oscar under everyone's seat!!! (except Scorcese)

• ESPECIALLY Scorcese.

• edited 2012-02-26 22:09:57

Death reel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He was not your friend, Crystal. Who wants to bet that Whitney Houston gets one?

Jane Russel

Annire Girardit

John Calley

Polly Platt

Ken russel

Donald Peterman

Farley Granger

YEP

Bingham Ray

Tak Miyagishima

Bert SCshneider

Michael Cacoyaas

Danld good man

gi

peter berger

jack ahyes

peter falk

ck\liff robertson

laura ziskin

sidney lumet

sue mengers

steve jobs (fuck you Pixar, nm)

george kuchar

hal kanter

theodora runkle

time hethergenter

sgene cantermeaas

bill varney

jackie cooper

calbert castes

richard leacock

kames robetts

marion doucghety

norman corwin

paul haggar

joe pharrel

ben gazzara

liz taylor

Shit, I can't type very fast.

oh man

the death reel always makes me feel shitty

mostly for not ever recognizing anyone

• edited 2012-02-26 22:19:01

Please go on with how awesome movies are, Academy. Please. Though Crystal makes his first good joke.

Best Actor not going to Gary Oldman would be a fucking travesty. Best Actress should be Rooney Mara, though I care slightly less. 

(Thanks for spoiling The Artist assholes)

Yep, good job Academy for being assholes and spoiling the fucking movie

What'd they spoil?

He speaks

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

And they showed what is probably the best scene in the entire film.

Gee, I wonder what's going to win Best Picture...? 

Hugo

And they showed what is probably the best scene in the entire film.

The nightmare? I thought that was nice, but the best scene for me is still the climax, if only because of how trollish "BANG!" was. 

• edited 2012-02-26 22:29:37

Best Actress goes to Michelle Williams!!!!!

Meryl Streep, surprise surprise 

• edited 2012-02-26 22:32:59
    We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

Best Actress goes to Meryl Streep!!!!!

OH MAN, DIS IS DA BIG ONE

• edited 2012-02-26 22:36:27

Hello Tom Cruise. Stop talking about movie theaters. 

I really want The Tree of Life to win because not only do I like it, it will cause a shitstorm. I like The Artist but it winning won't cause a shitstorm, and EL&IC winning will cause a shitstorm but I hate it, so.

The Artist. They have the dog.

I like the choice of what I'm assuming is Explosions in the Sky for the background music.

AAAAAAAND THE ARTIST WINS NOT BEEG SURPRISE

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

You know, I'd like a surprise, just once. Hell, I'd be willing to let TF3 win only to see heads explode.

Meh, I'm happy with these results and prefer them to almost any other outcome. Of course, haven't seen Tree of Life, Hugo and War Horse, so whatever.

--sigh--

looks like a long night full of writing is due

• edited 2012-02-26 23:16:59
    "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."

Oh, the Oscars were on tonight? Huh.

And for the record, I've seen The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore. Its award for Best Animated Short was well-deserved.