If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Academy Award snubs

Comments

• edited 2012-02-26 20:13:31
    I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

Billy Crystal is improving. "A dark knight, an american psycho, a crack addict... you'll get to vote for one on Super Tuesday."

Best Supporting Actress goes to The Help, calling it. Yep, it goes to Octavia Spencer. Which, to be fair, was a very good role.

• edited 2012-02-26 20:15:02
    We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

^you called correctly

maybe not the actress you were expecting

also, Octavia wins for Best Acceptance Speech, seriously.

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

As an aside, Best Original Screenplay went to A Separation. It deserved that one. 

• edited 2012-02-26 20:21:36
    We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

stupid backstage awards

OH MY GOD STOP THIS WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS CRAP

• edited 2012-02-26 20:24:38
    I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

At least Miracle Whip dropped the stupid hipster crap for their commercials.

Oh god, fucking awkward jokes about racism in Hollywood. Good going, Crystal!

And another comedy sketch, this time about The Wizard of Oz. With little people jokes. "I've never seen so many unattractive people," says the woman literally composed of silicone.

Achievment in Film Editing will go to GWTDG because only that film truly does not deserve it. HAHAHAHA YEP WHAT THE FUCK THAT FILM HAD ATROCIOUS EDITING 

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

^ damn, you're on a roll tonight"! 0_0

• edited 2012-02-26 20:26:36

Please win Best Sound Editing, Drive. Please.

Ugh, I tried taking your advice, but to no avail. I should've gone with the safe one (Hugo). 

• edited 2012-02-26 20:28:54

LOLNOPE

Hugo gets it.

AND Best Sound Mixing? Why is this movie cleaning up so badly

• edited 2012-02-26 20:33:19

You go, Hugo! Called it again.

The sound mixing, by the way, is horrible. Not for Hugo, for the show. The mic is giving some utterly atrocious metallic feedback.

I like the Ellen DeGeneres commercials, though, because not only are they funny, they're an effective way of trying to pass off corporations being total asswipes towards their own consumers.

And jeez, they really want us to go to the movies this year...

• edited 2012-02-26 20:36:34
    And jeez, they really want us to go to the movies this year...

This year is generally the Oscars (and therefore Hollywood) making a last end run at relevance, I think...

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

The Muppets 

introducing Cirque de Soliel? What the fuck did literally nobody go to the movies this year

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

2011 was a pretty shit year for movie attendence, I think.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I don't think I went to a movie last year >.>

• edited 2012-02-26 20:39:28
    Has friends besides tanks now

I thing I went to see The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, and that's it. Oh, wait, and the last Harry Potter movie, with a girl I haven't talked to since July.

:D

Actually, I'm not entirely sure I went to a movie the year before that, either...

Robert Downey, Jr, what are you doing

this is just wow

• edited 2012-02-26 20:43:43
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Last movie I saw last year was Sherlock Holmes 2.

Also currently watching moe space pirates instead of the Oscars followed by Go-busters. Something tells me I'm winning.
  • edited 2012-02-26 20:48:28

Stop trying to be funny Crystal. Hahaha bar mitzvahs, you see it's funny because Judaism.

Yep, you're going to get the 74-85 demographic because they're the only ones still watching the fucking Oscars.

Robert Downey Jr. 

Best Documentary Feauture goes to Undefeated , jesus christ I need to learn to use my powers for good

(and they cut them off, what assholes)

• I barely saw any movies this year.

• edited 2012-02-26 20:49:08

Yes, good "Hollywood is racist" jokes. I love Chris Rock.

Best Animated feature is Rango, duh. AMERICA 

Yep, see, we only let American films win but it's international because they were born in other countries! Hahaha fuck you Academy

jesus christ I need to learn to use my powers for good

Or make a killing at Oscar betting pools!

DAMN, Chris Rock

Hmmm...when have I been to see a movie?

Hmmm...

What year did Watchmen come out?

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    ^Jesus man.

Go see Arrietty.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    A shit movie too...
  • YOU SHUT YOUR GODDAMN MOUTH

• edited 2012-02-26 20:50:46
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Oh, wait! I saw Inception in theater!

Watchmen was...the best adaptation of the comic book we were ever going to get. And since we inevitably were going to get one, I'm glad it was that one.

• I wonder if my little brothers have ever seen a Miyazaki film.

• edited 2012-02-26 20:51:55
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Watchmen was a shit movie that missed the entire point of the comic so Rorshach and Ozymandias could do wire fu.

^^best=/= good. I'm not in the habit of complementing stuff because it could have been worse.

I don't disagree. I stand by my statement, though.