If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Academy Award snubs

Comments

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    You should have seen me after I cane out of the theater. I started drinking and raged for a good three hours to my friends about it.
  • MrWMrW
    edited 2012-02-26 20:54:47

I saw Harry Potter, Sherlock Holmes, The Muppets and... that's it. Arietty looks good, though.

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

Emma Stone: funny?

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I consider that movie's existence a plus, though, because it kept the other one that was in the works from happening.

• edited 2012-02-26 20:55:49
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Captain America, muppets, x-men forst class, transformers 3, and a bunch of other movies I can't remember at the moment.

^honestly as far removed as the other script was I could have done what I did with Constantine and played denial.
  • I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

My god, shut up Billy Crystal. You're not funny in the slightest. But Emma Stone is. What a great Stiller burn.

Best Visual Effects goes to Hugo again, of course.

• edited 2012-02-26 20:56:30
    I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

(If anybody was wondering, I saw all of the Best Picture winners, Rise of The Planet of the ApesHarry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Pt. 2Drive, and Real Steel.) 

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

^^STOP IT

YOU'RE SCARING ME

Emma Stone will be a good Gwen Stacey. Better than whatisface as Peter Parker anyhow.
  • edited 2012-02-26 21:02:13
    I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

Jesus shut up Billy Crystal.

Who will get Best Supporting Actor? My guess is Jonah Hill for the comedy option. 

Aww, Christopher Plummer? Boo-ring. Though he is, apparently, the oldest-ever actor to win an Oscar, at 82. Good for him. 

• You can change. You can.

Watchmen could've been better and could've been worse. to be honest, I'm with INUH in that it was bearable, at least

Christopher Plumber gets it.

It has no reason to exist. It adds nothing and only detracts from the soirce material. Even the action scenes are overwrought and too silly to take seriously with all the grittiness. Maybe if it was an original IP it might be a silly pretentious action movie but as an adaption it's terrible.

*Plummer

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I consider its reason for existing to be stopping a different, worse adaptation from existing. That is sufficient for me.

There were a lot of old men nominated for this award, huh?

OK, you know what? I'm just gonna speak for us all

MALK! NO MALKING!

now let's focus on the guy from 12 Monkeys winning the Oscar

• "transformers 3"

Why did you do that to yourself? 

• edited 2012-02-26 21:05:41
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    As remake happy with superheroes Hollywood has been I don't see how you could think that.

^friends wanted me to see it. Offered to pay for my ticket. They're what kept me from walking out.

^^you could just... not respond if discussing things with me is such a chore.

As remake happy with superheroes Hollywood has been I don't see how you could think that.

have you read the original plans

wait, what am i doing

fuck

somebody fucking stop me before it's too laaaaaaaaaaaate

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

I actually am very happy that Christopher Plummer won it. It's about damn time. 

And yes, Academy, please remind us of how long you unceremoniously continued to rob Scorcese, one of the greatest directors alive, of Oscars. 

Holy shit, Titanic is getting rereleased in 3D?

• Generic sarcastic burn at CGI goes here. You can bet I'll have an IJBM for people to raeg at by tomorrow.

• edited 2012-02-26 21:06:31
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

As remake happy with superheroes Hollywood has been I don't see how you could think that

There was one in planning by someone else (remember the rights dispute?) and going to be released about the same time. I'm talking about that specific one.

^^Wait, what are we talking about

^^yes and in that case again it would have been easier for me to pretend it was a different movie altogether like with Constantine.
  • Everyone I know who saw Watchmen and hadn't read the comic liked the movie. And I know some pretty intelligent people who haven't read Watchmen.

• But this is off-topic

^^Nothing I said indicated people who like the movie are stupid.

Billy Crystal

good god

really