If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Academy Award snubs

Comments

• Billy Crystal, I love you, purely for the amount of rage you provoke on the internet.

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

I think some of his jokes are good, really, but who the hell still makes Brangelina jokes?

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    ^Another reason I feel good avoiding most of the oscar talk.
  • I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

Yes, Billy Crystal, continue making "jokes" and being "funny." Too bad that drawn-out blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa wasn't for Gary Busey. Though the Tyler Perry joke was legit. The dog from The Artist is there!

STOP FUCKING TALKING ABOUT MOVIE THEATERS!

Oh god just fucking shut up Billy Crystal.

Best Original Score goes to either The Artist or Hugo. Probably Hugo.

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

The Artist gets it? cool

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

And good gracious God why wasn't The Adventures of Tin-Tin nominated for Best Animated Feature?

Glad that a newbie won for The Artist, though. 

Hooray for actual comedians doing funny things. I love cymbals. 

But of course they go for a fucking Three Six Mafia joke. Yep, you gave it to somebody other than old white people for once. Good job, Oscars.

Best Original Song is "Man or Muppet", obviously.

• edited 2012-02-26 21:19:52
    We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

Zach Galifianakis looks like he's going to faint...

also, "It's Hard Out Here For a Pimp" wasn't exactly a good song.

• Did anyone see Rio.

I'm recording this, I'll probably watch the rest tomorrow.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Weird thing is of the original songs 'man or muppet was my least favorite. Which isn't saying much. It's still a great song.
  • edited 2012-02-26 21:22:03
    I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

Nobody saw Rio. ^Only two songs were nominated.

Yeah, we get it, we need to go to the fucking movies. All we need is a goddamned piracy reference and I'll have my quota of self-serving bullshit for the night.

And some more JCPenny commercials about how they're literally rubbing it in your faces that they're screwing you over.

• Wow all two of them?

• I miss when I could watch these things without an air of ironic distance.

• edited 2012-02-26 21:28:18
    I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

Yes, Billy Crystal, make the same joke a 12-year-old did.

When he said "Original girl with the dragon tattoo" I thought he was talking about Noomi Rapace.

Best Adapted Screenplay is obviously going to be Moneyball Hugo.

Huh, The Descendants? That movie was good, at least it will get one win.

The Descendents won.

• I can't decide whether Billy Crystal is a better or worse troll than Zelda Williams.

• edited 2012-02-26 21:31:18

Whatever this award is goes to A Separation.

I thought they already gave out this award, though? Huhwhat? Aw shit, the Wikipedia page said that it was nominated for Best Original Screenplay. My mistake. Whatever, that one goes to Midnight in Paris.

Shut up about movie theaters.

• What did Zelda Williams do, by comparison?

Nope, Midnight In Paris won.

and Woody wasn't even there? HAH

• You can change. You can.

Woody Allen wins another award

Level of surprise: Minus one thousand

• Has friends besides tanks now

^^ Good times.

• And I thought she was only notable for two things. O_o (Being Robin Williams's daughter and being named after the princess)

Aaaaaand now it's time for the pitiful concession made to the nerdy people in the background!

• edited 2012-02-26 21:42:39

Why the fuck is Mila Jovovich presenting? What movies besides the Resident Evil films has she been in?

Some cool stuff about cameras. 

Shut up Billy Crystal. J. Edgar Hoover jokes are classier than you are. Yep. 

What the fuck are they what uh

Seriously, dick jokes? But awkward ones? And literally "Yep, fat people don't get hired in Hollywood." what the fuck is this

Best Short Film goes to The Shore.

But LOL at the Scorcese drinking game.

Best Short Documentary goes to Saving Face.

• edited 2012-02-26 21:41:54
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

^The Fifth Element

Not that it makes sense to have her there regardless, but what the fuck are you expecting.

Also, why do I keep pausing G.I. Joe Renegades for this thread.

"SCORCESE!"

wat?

I wish I'd actually watched some of these nominees =(

• Best Animated Short will probably go to La Luna(Pixar's latest original short).

• edited 2012-02-26 21:45:23

Best Animated Short film is obvious, yep. La Luna.

wait what

Morris Lessmore won, actually.