If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Appearance Improvement Thread

Comments

• He looks a bit like Will Riker off Star Trek: TNG (protip: this is good).

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

I don't see it.

• You can change. You can.

I can see it, really.

I won't say ditch the beard, but sleep, for the love of god

• edited 2012-02-25 13:46:22
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Yeah, probably should have done this after getting more than three hours of sleep the night before.

I think some trimming the beard and shaving the thinnest bits would probably help make it more presentable. 

• edited 2012-02-25 13:49:01
    Has friends besides tanks now

I don't see the resemblance to Will Riker, but I'm nthing the "the beard works, but sleep" sentiment. Though it would probably do to trim it a bit, yeah. Just don't get rid of it entirely.

• edited 2012-02-25 14:07:41
    No rainbow star
    Either that or get glasses so they break up the bags

Should I take a picture without my glasses?
  • Has friends besides tanks now

That's what I've been doing. It's probably a little dishonest, but I want to try out contacts soon anyway, in spite of how much I hate things that are too close to my eyes.

I'll try to find a decent picture with glasses.

Here we go. This is the most recent one I have with glasses.

• No rainbow star
    ^ Now that's attractive and now I'm wondering if I have a thing for glasses
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Ica: As other people have said look towards eating less greasy food. If you can afford it a dermatologist wouldn't be a bad idea.

INUH: Mostly I'd recommend eight shaving the beard or growing out the hair a bit.

Everest: Honestly, I think you look fine. You should maybe flatten your hair or something.

I've probably tired everyone else with pictures of myself, but regardless here's a not so flattering picture of me taken not ten minutes ago.

• edited 2012-02-25 15:42:44
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Critique please.

• edited 2012-02-25 15:55:24

Everest - Yeah, without the hat that hair's quite big. Although I've seen quite a few kids wandering around with "white afro" type haircuts, so I assume it's fashionable now.

For the sake of completeness, here's a link to a photo of me - http://imgur.com/a/zYf1a

Crimson: image is broken.

Should be fixed now.

• edited 2012-02-25 16:06:30

Malk: I think you'd look better with facial hair.

Crimson: I think you look better without (which is to say, as is). And I don't know how your hair looks when it gets longer, so I'd say keep it at that length, because less wouldn't look as good.

I've probably tired everyone else with pictures of myself, but regardless here's a not so flattering picture of me taken not ten minutes ago.

Dude, you don't post half as many pictures as I do. No worries.

• edited 2012-02-25 16:08:29

@Neo: Maybe a haircut that goes more forward than sideways? /hardlyqualifiedtogiveadvice

I've occasionally considered rocking the Tony Stark...
  • edited 2012-02-25 16:09:59
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^^^weird, this is actually the usual length when I feel it gets too long. I was gonna get a haircut because styling it now is kind of a pain in the ass. :<

• edited 2012-02-26 23:38:29

Anyway, I ditched the facial hair:

Any other recommendations?

^I would either get a haircut or start using hairgel to make it look neater, but I may be biased.

• edited 2012-02-25 16:14:04

^^ Is there any way you could flatten the top more?

@Crimson: I, personally, think it looks fine swept to the side.

• You can change. You can.

Zabu: You look nice. Although that sad puppy expression is amusing me way more than it should.

Does anyone have recommendations for products that'll keep my hair in a certain shape (as in, preventing it from going curlier as the day goes on) without being totally obvious and crossing into douche hair territory? Would that just be the job of hair spray or something?

• No rainbow star

I remember there being some sort of super strong hair gel my brother used (seriously. You could probably use only a bit and actually get anime hair. That stuff was bloody strong)

I'll try to find out what it was

Hair spray does keep stuff in a certain shape. I don't know of any methods that would straighten out naturally curly hair. Well except hair straighteners obviously, but those only work on longer hair.

• edited 2012-02-27 00:17:05
    I'm a damn twisted person

http://db.tt/Yr6sUWtI

A quick shot off my webcam for what it's worth. Probably too dark to be of much use.

• Everest w/glasses: kyaaaahhh~~ <3

Malky: hnngh~ <3

For everyone that has acne concerns, there's this one cream I really like, St. Ives apricot scrub, just put a little on in the shower every now and then and it's really helpful~.

I think everyone in this thread looks just fine but that's just me

• Most of the black-haired dudes look sorta samey, in retrospect.

• edited 2012-02-27 15:05:28

I remember there being some sort of super strong hair gel my brother used (seriously. You could probably use only a bit and actually get anime hair. That stuff was bloody strong)

I don't think my hair would look good with hair gel. I don't think I look conventionally good enough to pull it off.

Hair spray does keep stuff in a certain shape.

Yeah. I dunno, I'd rather avoid it if I can; this will be more relevant for me at college, and I don't want to get into any fashion habits that are obnoxious for my roommates, and I don't know how well-ventilated my dorm will be anyway. Besides, apparently it damages hair pretty badly over time.

I don't know of any methods that would straighten out naturally curly hair. Well except hair straighteners obviously, but those only work on longer hair.

I straightened my hair back in Sophomore year, actually. But I did it too often, and eventually it started to be pretty severely damaged, not to mention it was still really malleable and stayed in an awkward position unless I wore a hat. Maybe if I dyed it full black or something, it would look less frayed. I have no clue. Could I pull off jet black hair, whether or not it was starightened?

A quick shot off my webcam for what it's worth. Probably too dark to be of much use.

Going just by that picture, I don't know if there's really anything that needs fixing, but it's not a full-body shot, so I can't comment on fashion sense (and I'm probably not qualified to do so anyway).

For everyone that has acne concerns, there's this one cream I really like, St. Ives apricot scrub, just put a little on in the shower every now and then and it's really helpful~.

Noted.

Everest w/glasses: kyaaaahhh~~ <3

^ Now that's attractive and now I'm wondering if I have a thing for glasses

So apparently glasses are the popular option. But I would still like to try out contacts. And see that therapist. And hit the gym.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

So, regarding the "sleep more" thing, I've been checking the mirror for the rings under my eyes the last couple of days, and...apparently, not sleeping enough in general.