If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
IJBM II's One Year Anniversary
Yeah, I realize that it will actually be four days until the one year anniversary of IJBM's deletion/the creation of IJBM II, but I figured that it might be worth it to start talking about now.
Anyway, it has been about a year and I am interested to hear about other people's impressions of that year and how things have changed since the deletion of IJBM. I do not really have much else to add, so I guess I might as well make this some kind of questionnaire. It is probably a good idea to keep in mind that some of the TV Tropes stuff is borderline so please try to avoid insulting individual tropers or otherwise importing drama.
- Were you active in IJBM prior to its deletion? If so, what did you like/dislike the most about it?
- Before IJBM's deletion was announced, did you think that subforum would ever be axed?
- Do you think IJBM's deletion made sense?
- Do you have any good/bad memories of IJBM post-deletion announcement (especially its last few hours)?
- In your view, has IJBM's deletion affected TV Tropes? Would TV Tropes be better or worse if IJBM became a subforum again?
- How have your posting habits/view of TV Tropes changed since IJBM's deletion?
On IJBM II:
- Did you ever envision something like IJBM II after IJBM's end was announced?
- Are you surprised that IJBM II is still around?
- Are you surprised that you are still posting on IJBM II? What keeps you coming back?
- What are your favorite/least favorite aspects of IJBM II, especially in comparison to IJBM?
- How well do you believe IJBM II has captured the spirit of the original IJBM? Should it be similar or were there problems with IJBM that IJBM II has solved?
- If IJBM had been moderated and treated like IJBM II, do you think it would still be on TV Tropes today?
- What do you think is the most important factor for keeping IJBM II alive in the future?