If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I keep thinking Forzare is a mox

Comments

• How did I miss this thread for so long

I found Alex's cards quite hilarious.
  • I just meant grab some cards at random so you have something to practice with.

But I can help you with that, though. A good rule of thumb is to start with 24 lands, 8 cards that cost 1, 10 cards that cost 2, 8 cards that cost 3, 6 cards that cost 4, and 4 cards that cost more than that. Aside from that, you could try copying a decklist from online. One of these might be good to start with: powerful, easy to play, and when you're feeling more comfortable there's a lot of room to customize because so many cards have come out since (I would recommend switching out Jade Leech for Bloodbraid Elf immediately though, if you choose that variation).

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Yeah, I I ended up finding the premade deck I use with my friends and just copying that.
  • Ah. Which deck is that?
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    This one.

Got it in like sixth grade, and never really messed with it.  It was enough to beat the one friend who would ever play with me.
  • edited 2011-11-25 22:52:03
    smote

Hm. If you want some suggestions: 

-2 Murderous Spoils
    -2 Terror 
    +4 Go for the Throat

-2 Emissary of Despair
    +2 Hypnotic Specter

-2 Relic Bane
    +2 Liliana's Carress

-1 Essence Drain
    +1 Consume Spirit

-1 Scavenging Scarab
    -1 Nim Replica
    +2 Phyrexian Obliterator

-1 Bonesplitter
    -1 Leonin Bola
    -1 Leonin Scimitar
    +3 Cranial Plating

-1 Pulse of the Dross
    -3 Wrench Mind
    +2 Scepter of Fugue
    +2 Hymn to Tourach

-1 Chittering Rats
    -1 Clockwork Vorrac
    -3 Grimclaw Bat
    +2 Vampire Interloper
    +3 Vault Skirge

This will make a deck that's very similar, but more powerful.

Done.  Thanks.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Oh, you can see others' decks in Cockatrice and comment on them?
  • Forzare: Welcome.

Glenn: He was just linking me to a preconstructed deck, but there are a few different ways to do that. If you start a game, you can reveal your library to the other players. Although the easiest way to do that is for the player to open up their decklist and ctrl-C, which copies the deck's contents in text form so you can paste it in anything else.

...temptation to get Cockatrice rising...
    It's not like you'll lose anything. It's free.
    No, I will.

Time.
  • You can change. You can.
    But time is on your side, Glenn!

Eh, the best thing you can do is like....manage your time on it. I onl play once a day if it's a work day or something.

Also glad oto see Forzare is already one of us. :D
    I'll have to play one of you tomorrow. I'm going to bed now.
  • I kinda want to play M:tG too, so... I may be downloading Cockatrice as well at some point... >.>

Not right now though.  Far too busy.  Or I should be at least.  Next week maybe?

I...already...have...too many things on my plate already.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    I'd play against ya today, Forz, but I want to see how jizztastic Skyrim is first.

Also, IJBM: I'mcompletelty uninterested in colors besides black. The next deck I make is probably gonna be graveyard control (which hopefully won't rely too much on zombies).
    >Implying Zombies are not the best thing about Magic.

Funnily enough, I don't like any colours. At least, on their own. I really like combinating colours and coming up with different interactions.

Which is why Ravnica and Alara are my favorite sets, really.
    Anyone wanna play against me now?  I'm free.
    Sure, let's do it. 
    Okay.

I dunno what I'm supposed to be connecting to or anything.
    Why did you die? :(
    Bluh, sorry.

My computer has this problem where if it goes into powersaving mode where the screen shuts off, the screen gets all fucked when I activate it, and I can't use it again for like fifteen minutes. And I forgot to disable the screen-shut-off feature for this one power setting.

I had to go afk real quick, and it happened.

bluh
    OK, then. You can still log on so we can finish the game.
    Oh, it saves where we were?
  • edited 2011-11-26 20:23:28
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Someone go ahead make a MtG card of me.

Also, I need in on this Cockatrice thing.  I now have too many games already and I'm adding to the pile.  Why.

----

As for colors:

The friend who first truly introduced me to MtG had the following decks (which were not that great, but serviceable):
    * a blue/black deck with lots of cheap creatures, some of which had regen
    * a green deck that just did what green normally does, which is creatures, big creatures, trample, and creature buffing
    * a red/green deck that's mostly red, badly constructed, and had an odd mix of direct damage and creatures
    * a blue deck that focused on flying and counterspells
    * a white deck with lots of protection

My favorite was the blue/black deck.  I think another one of my friends rated that as the second-worst deck between these five decks.  I disputed it.  Well, here's the funny thing: I tended to lose one-on-one games pretty handily, either because of my lack of skill or because the deck just sucked.  I would stall behind weak and regeneratable creatures until I got enough things to launch a major attack, and would likely be wiped before I could do much.  However, when we played three-player games, I would repeatedly win, while the friend who said this was the second-worst deck would be either baffled or annoyed (sometimes both) why I would give up on what were pretty much free chances to attack people.

I think it's because:
    * I had cheap creatures.  I can block stuff with them.  Even better if they have flying (or reach but i wasn't playing green).  And even better if they're regeneratable, because then I just leave open my mana and threaten regen if I block with them and just sit there.  So in summary, it was not worth attacking me, especially when the other players 2/3 fliers, 4/4 things with trample, or RRRRRR lined up for direct damage instants and sorceries.  Heck, I would even willingly take damage when hit by stuff with trample, just so that I could leave my mana open for regen or my creatures open for threatening stuff.
    * My other two friends would just attack each other.  They would build up stronger creatures or threaten with more damage-dealing potential.  They would become the more threatening player to each other, while I just sat around with like 5 or 6 1/1 creatures.
    * I wouldn't attack them.  This had two effects: I could save my creatures to block, save my mana to threaten regenning them, and the other players would see me as less threatening and/or have less revenge motive.
  • edited 2011-11-26 21:34:16
    Has friends besides tanks now
    Anyone on that wants to play?
    I'll play.